Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Nov 6, 2008

Burning stomach - food suggestions
Author
Message
picturegrl
New Member
Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 4
Mon Oct 22, 2007 2: 03 pm    Post subject: Burning stomach - food suggestions
I ' ve lost 60 pounds on Atkins and am coming back after a brief ( and disastrous ) bout with Kimkins and Proficient Cleanse. In short, I lost weight and then binged like crazy when my resolve finally broke. I stopped it at a 10 - pound gain though, and I ' m five down again in Induction.
Here ' s my question: my stomach has been burning something fierce for the past few days. I ' m not eating anything spicy or curious. I think it ' s stress. I felt this way once before when I had an ulcer.
It feels better if I eat. Can anyone suggest something my stomach might find pacific? I had a mock Danish for breakfast, which stopped it for a bit, but it ' s too high in calories to have again for lunch.
5 ' 1 ", 34 years old
SW: 289 CW: 236 GW: 116
Justness
Familiar Member
Joined: 08 Aug 2007
Posts: 41
Setting: Palm Beach, Fla.
Mon Oct 22, 2007 10: 46 pm    Post subject:
Magnesium will empty your stomach of all of the filth you put in it the other day, and a few soft scrambled eggs cooked in olive oil will coat it and make it more comfortable.... so, take some Phillips Milk of Magnesia and the proein, and you ' ll be fine... but YOU DESERVE IT!!!
pheonixheart
Senior Member
Joined: 29 Apr 2004
Posts: 665
Location: Florida
Tue Oct 23, 2007 3: 32 am    Post subject:
Cheddar Cheese helps me. It ' s made from milk but doesn ' t have the carbs, so it soothes. At least for me. I suppose other types of cheese might do as well - I just prefer cheddar lol. I hope your stomach feels better soon!
If you truly suspect it ' s an ulcer though since you ' ve had one before, I ' d get to a doctor and have it checked out if it doesn ' t stop soon...
Bright Blessings,
Lisa
Fiona
Established Member
Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 135
Location: Western New York
Tue Oct 23, 2007 3: 28 pm    Post subject:
I have had heart burn for several years and my doctor told me to eat 5 or 10 olives one hour after dinner ( or whatever meal is causing the burn ), it is amazing, I don ' t need pepto or tums anymore.
Give it a try.

No comments: