Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Nov 6, 2008

Cravings
Author
Message
Abbilyn
New Member
Joined: 27 Oct 2007
Posts: 2
Sat Oct 27, 2007 4: 15 pm    Post subject: Cravings
Hi everyone,
Ive been doing Atkins for about three weeks now, but I ' m still on the induction phase. My only problem is that I ' ve been suffering from cravings for chocolate more than anything. Funny this is, before I started Atkins I wasn ' t a huge sweet tooth or chocolate devotee, but these cravings are driving me crazy. I haven ' t given in, because I ' ve done too well to just ruin it now. Any tips on how I can stop these cravings? Or any sweet foods that are acceptable whilst on induction?? [ / icon_smile. gif]
bluehex
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Dec 2003
Posts: 2663
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Sat Oct 27, 2007 8: 11 pm    Post subject:
Sugarfree jello is allowed.
You could also whip some cream with unsweetened cocoa powder and Splenda ( or syrup ) or make your own chocolate of cocoa powder, butter and cream. Just be careful on the amounts, cocoa powder has some carbs.
Someone also recommended mixing cream cheese with unsweetened baking chocolate, but I never tried it - don ' t like chocolate and cheese, just a personal taste. Might be good for a craving, though.
Browse the recipe section, there are many recipes for sweets there, and many of them are acceptable for Induction. ( e. g. cheesecakes )
Abbilyn
New Member
Joined: 27 Oct 2007
Posts: 2
Sat Oct 27, 2007 9: 05 pm    Post subject:
Thanks for those suggestions [ / icon_smile. gif] I shall give them a try, do I have to be careful with quantities when it comes to the sugar free jello?

No comments: