Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Nov 6, 2008

I am gaining weight on induction
Author
Message
dalmatiansrus
New Member
Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Posts: 10
Location: Raleigh, NC
Fri Feb 22, 2008 8: 26 pm    Post subject: I am gaining weight on induction
I have been on Induction phase for the past 12 days. I thought from reading the book that I would begin rapid weight loss. I resisted the urge to peek at the scale from the my start day until today. And when I did look, I was shocked to see that I have gained three pounds. [ / icon_sad. gif]
I do feel as though my waistband fits looser - also, had to move my bra to a tighter fit.
So, why the weight gain?
I have read the book, been eating right, exercising, and drinking water. I actually stepped on the scale expecting to see a loss, but am very concerned that I ' ve gone the reverse way.
Where can I be going wrong?
Are there any veteran Atkins users out there with any advice?
Thanks,
dalmatiansrus
dalmatiansrus
New Member
Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Posts: 10
Location: Raleigh, NC
Fri Feb 22, 2008 10: 39 pm    Post subject:
OK - I posted in panic. I just re - took my measurements from 13 days ago. I have definitely lost 3 / 4 " off hips; 1 " around my abdomen; 1 " around the bust - the roll of fat around my back appears to be gone.
I am hoping that the weight gain is muscle mass, as I have been going to a really fun pole dancing class twice a week, walking on my treadmill, and using the Bowflex.
Perhaps that is causing the discrepancy between my lost inches vs. scale weight gain?
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Location: San Jose
Mon Feb 25, 2008 8: 32 pm    Post subject:
Muscle definitely weighs more than fat. That could be it. Also, your scale could be off.
I ' m glad you took your measurements. That ' s a much better indication of your progress!

No comments: