Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Nov 6, 2008

What do you have for brekkie?
Author
Message
carriel
New Member
Joined: 09 May 2008
Posts: 12
Fri May 09, 2008 1: 30 pm    Post subject: What do you have for brekkie?
This was my downfall before, my mornings are eye-popping, with baby & older two to get ready & off to school. I never seemed to have time to cook anything.
I was thinking about maybe boiling some eggs the night before & have them cold with some ham & maybe a slice or 2 of cheese?
Do you have any good brekkie ideas?
I do have the George Forman grill this time which I didnt have before, so a couple of slices of bacon probably wouldnt be too difficult.
wheresmycoat
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 326
Fri May 09, 2008 2: 29 pm    Post subject:
i pimple 18 eggs on sunday and eat 2 - 4 each morning during the week ( or after a workout ) on my way out the door. its 3 seconds to eat and fills you up. i eat them natural, but you could add salt / pepper / cayenne / cumin / etc.... if you ' ve got some no - sugar ham slices or smoked salmon to go with, then perfect!
wanttobethin
New Member
Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 20
Locale: North Wales
Fri May 09, 2008 3: 10 pm    Post subject:
I always have my brekkie after the school bound. So I can have some me time and enjoy it.
I have bacon, egg, mushrooms and tomato [ / icon_lol. gif] Its enjoyable and fills me up til 2pm.
Hope you do well I have only been doing it since Tuesday and have lost 5lbs already.
Rach xx
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Location: San Jose
Sat May 10, 2008 5: 16 am    Post subject:
On the weekend, I almost always have an omelet for breakfast, using whatever veggies and meat are in the frig.
On the weekend I have low - carb yogurt, some cheese, an Atkins shake or a hunk of turkey breast. Lately, I ' ve been adding 1 / 4 to 1 / 2 cup of berries to my breakfast. I ' m in the OWL stage though. On Induction, you should skip the yogurt and berries.
porkypine
New Member
Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 16
Sat May 10, 2008 7: 14 am    Post subject:
I usually have an omelette with bacon and cheese but you could make oopsie - rolls and in the mornings toast them and put whatever you like on them.
I have also tried an egg cream recipe which is a bit like a shake made from eggs. I wasn ' t too keen on it but you might like it. You can prepare it the night before and put it in the fridge.
heyla44
Established Member
Joined: 28 Apr 2008
Posts: 84
Location: Yorkshire
Sat May 10, 2008 10: 03 pm    Post subject:
Boiling eggs the night before is definitely the way forward... I might go and boil some now actually!
carriel
New Member
Joined: 09 May 2008
Posts: 12
Sun May 11, 2008 11: 52 am    Post subject:
brilliant suggestions, thank you.
I tend to have to get up with baby at around 6 & back from the school run around 9, dont think I could wait that long for brekkie.
So I think i ' ll grab an egg to keep me going, then have a nice brekkie of an omellete, or some bacon eggs & mushrooms when I get back.
wheresmycoat
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 326
Sun May 11, 2008 12: 24 pm    Post subject:
grab 2 eggs.... Mums need an extra boost of energy in the mornings! [ / icon_cool. gif]
together4ever
New Member
Joined: 06 May 2008
Posts: 19
Location: Japan
Fri May 16, 2008 12: 06 am    Post subject:
I usually get an egg omelette on the weekends because it takes longer to prepare... and on weekdays, its usually eggs with a slice of cheese and a little bacon
Danka_la
New Member
Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: Trebinje - Bosnia and Herzegovina
Fri May 16, 2008 7: 59 am    Post subject:
together4ever wrote:
I usually get an egg omelette on the weekends because it takes longer to prepare... and on weekdays, its usually eggs with a slice of cheese and a little bacon
me too! [ / icon_biggrin. gif]

No comments: