Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Nov 6, 2008

Jumping right in!
Author
Message
Kris_T
New Member
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 19
Locus: East Bay area
Mon Feb 25, 2008 11: 31 pm    Post subject: Jumping right in!
Hi everyone, I ' m re - starting Atkins again, if that makes sense. I sucessfully lost 20 pounds back in 2005, but due to a few moves and general laziness in my eating, I managed to put about 10 or so back on. The book I had been using was the ' Atkins for Life ', but I ' ve since gotten rid of it and ordered the ' New Diet Revolution '. In the meantime, I ' ve read and printed out enough info online that I felt confident to start induction this past Append. Today is day 6, so the brain vapour is gone ( I was actually having trouble driving! [ / icon_eek. gif] ), my cravings have ceased, appetite is down, and I have my normal energy level back.
I ' ve found it helps to note down my food intake which helps me be explicable. It also forced me to figure out if I was really hungry or merely bored and wanting to just bite. I have a small Atkins carb - counting book that has been genuinely helpful in regard to that. The only issue I ' ve ran into so far has been a banquet we went to last night. Luckily I came prepared with some cut - up veggies and some cheese and salami that I was able to mouthful on, because the only thing that was suitable to eat was the beef part ( it was all chinese - style food ), orange chicken, rice, breads, other starchy things and sweet & sour things. Oh, and of course, cake! - lol. I got some funny looks as I bypassed everything, but to anyone who asked, I just explained why I looked like a total carnivore! I was dying for a nice big, green salad!!
I ' ve been keeping up my exercise routine which is 5x a week, and since Melt., I ' ve already lost 4 pounds. It ' s pretty amazing how fast it can come off. I also went out and bought the ketone strips, they regularly range from 40 - 80. I suppse that ' s related to my water intake. I really need to be better about that.
Anyway, I ' ve been reading the board for about a week, and there ' s so much wonderful information here. Everyone seems extremely nice and supportive.
I wish everyone well with their weight loss!
Kris
Caoimhe
Senior Member
Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 226
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Tue Feb 26, 2008 2: 08 pm    Post subject:
Everyone is really nice and helpful. Welcome and well done on the weight loss so far! [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
Kris_T
New Member
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 19
Location: East Bay area
Thu Feb 28, 2008 6: 12 pm    Post subject:
Thanks! Down another pound as of yesterday at the gym. I don ' t own a scale, and I don ' t have time to exercise today ( laundry + work ), so I will check tomorrow when I go running.
Today is day 8 of induction and I have sucessfully beat my cravings for sweet things. I know this because I made a pan of brownies for our kids last night and had no urge to try one or sneak a chocolate chip. It was very [ / icon_cool. gif]! I ' m one of those all or nothing people, so cold turkey is the way to go for me!
Kris
Kris_T
New Member
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 19
Location: East Bay area
Thu Feb 28, 2008 10: 44 pm    Post subject:
Ugh. I ' m really missing snacky, crunchy things. I ' m sure pork rinds are a no - no on induction. I really miss them dipped in sour cream!!
Kris_T
New Member
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 19
Location: East Bay area
Sat Mar 01, 2008 10: 26 pm    Post subject:
Today is day 11 of induction, and I ' ve lost another pound. This makes 5 pounds so far.
Not too bad, but I don ' t have a whole lot to lose in the first place. My goal was only 10 - 15 pounds, so no biggie. My main goal was first and foremost to clean up my diet and eliminate my sugar cravings.
Think I ' ve almost done it! [ / icon_smile. gif]

No comments: