Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Nov 6, 2008

ughh how do I give up a nice glass of MILK
Author
Message
gibsonman
New Member
Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 18
Thu Oct 18, 2007 11: 39 pm    Post subject: ughh how do I give up a nice glass of MILK
seriously. my roommates go through milk like crazy and a nice ice cold glass just sounds soooo tasty. for about a week I was taking half and half and putting water in it to water it down some and I would drink that. no stalls, kept losing etc, but its just not the same, and it kinda started grossing me out just the thought of it, so i stopped.
UGH!!
Bliss Pirate
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2004
Posts: 3106
Where: St. Paul, MN
Sun Oct 21, 2007 4: 03 am    Post subject:
Half and Half isn ' t really something you should be having either. Only heavy cream ( whipping cream - the real stuff - read the lables to make sure it hasn ' t been adulterated with additives and milk. )
There is a Hood product that is a good standin for milk. Carb Options or something like that. Tastes good to me, but I would only use it on very atypical ocasions.
The bottom line is you are changing how you eat and what foods you marshal to consume. Milk is great for babies, but you don ' t need it any more. Plus... once you ' ve got the nice cold glass of milk right there, it is just too easy to add a couple of cookies to go along with it.
Right
Certified Member
Joined: 08 Aug 2007
Posts: 41
Station: Palm Beach, Fla.
Mon Oct 22, 2007 10: 37 pm    Post subject:
I agree about the baby part, and the part about the cookies... besides milk has no flavor anyhow. The thing you like is the texture and temperature. Remember, anything really, really cold will do the trick, and it will also curb your appetite.
gibsonman
New Member
Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 18
Tue Oct 23, 2007 4: 50 pm    Post subject:
my problem with this diet has always been beverages. I hate diet drinks. I just only drink water. zilcho, notta, thats it. no ice tea with splenda, no diet sodas, nothing. I feel the best when I only drink water and lots of it, but every meal I just crave some other beverage. I ' m not a big sweet person. carby foods only taste good because of the non carby things you put on them... ie baked potato is only good with butter, sour cream and cheese and bacon. bagel is good because of cream cheese.. well except maybe a cinnamin raison bagel. etc etc you get my point. pasta is only good with sauce.
its just the drinks!! maybe i should test my weight loss by drinking diet dr pepper because I do like that just fine but I figure only drinking water is the best.
Site
Site
Joined: 23 Apr 2003
Posts: 111
Sat Oct 27, 2007 10: 07 am    Post subject:
Yogurt is high in calcium and has fewer carbs than milk.
9ballprodigy
Established Member
Joined: 23 Feb 2004
Posts: 194
Sat Nov 03, 2007 12: 37 am    Post subject:
soymilk soymilk soymilk!
get the unsweetened stuff and you got 3 - 4g per serving.
get the asian ( slightly thinner due to lack of thickeners such as carageenan ) stuff and you are close to 0!
or, if you really get nuts, get a can of whipped cream ( 1g ) and take a spoon full every now and again. it ' s rich, creamy, and will probably satisfy you until your next meal.

No comments: