Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Nov 6, 2008

I am shocked I hate fast food
Author
Message
artinformation
Proverbial Member
Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Posts: 123
Mon Feb 04, 2008 4: 44 pm    Post subject: I am shocked I hate fast food
I am starting my 8th day. I am not too happy with my progress. I lost 3 lbs over the last week and as of this morning I have gained 4 lbs back. So I took a hard look at what I have been doing wrong. I think my major mistake has been too much heavy cream. I guess I will cut out the crustless quiche. I have been having them for the last six days. I love them and I will miss having them but I must give them up for now. I also need to up my water. I am currently drinking about 8 to 10 glasses but I guess that is not enough. I am also determined to increase my exercise. Last time I got away with not exercising that much but times change, commonality change and I am older. So even though I am very fustrated I am going to keep on course and hopefully the scale will start moving again.
Last edited by artinformation on Sat Feb 09, 2008 6: 02 am; edited 3 times in total
bcopith
New Member
Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 25
Mon Feb 04, 2008 6: 05 pm    Post subject:
I ' m not positive but it seems like it wouldn ' t be the quiche causing you problems. I read your post and panicked because I eat it a lot too. So I went over to fitday and entered in the entire recipe... 12 eggs, 2 cups heavy cream, 2 cups cheese, etc... I don ' t use meat so that ' s not in there. Anyway, it came out to like 3500 cals with 23 carbs. Divide that by how many servings you get and it ' s not many carbs. Ten servings would be only 2. 3 carbs per serving.
Anyway, just thought I ' d add my thoughts.
InthePresent
Manifest Member
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 143
Tue Feb 05, 2008 3: 50 am    Post subject:
Don ' t feel discouraged ArtInformation. I did a week of Induction and only lost 1 / 2 pound. I ' m thinking it was the Atkin ' s bars ( I had one per day ), so I don ' t eat those anymore.
Are you measuring your inches as well as weight?
The number # thing that is good about your 8 days is that you are practising good habits, lots of water, lots of vegetables, good fats / proteins. Keep on keepin ' on, you ' re going to lose more, you ' ll see.
artinformation
Down pat Member
Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Posts: 123
Tue Feb 05, 2008 3: 41 pm    Post subject: 9th day and I lost 2lbs of the 4lbs that I had gained yah
Today is my 9th day on Induction. I have lost 2 of the 4 lbs that I gained over the last few days. I cut out the quiche. I also watched my heavy cream consumption in other foods. In addition I wasn ' t really hungrey yesterday. For dinner I only ate my salad. I had also prepared fish but I just didn ' t feel like eating it. I also increased my water intake to 12 glasses. A combination of what I did must have worked.
artinformation
Known Member
Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Posts: 123
Hitch on Feb 06, 2008 1: 12 am    Post subject:
I actually exercised today. It wasn ' t much but its a start. I worked out for 20 publication on the bike. I could feel the pain in my legs. But I plan to exercise again tommorrow. If I can keep this up 5 times a week I will be very happy
yaz180
Known Member
Joined: 07 May 2007
Posts: 142
Leash Feb 06, 2008 1: 36 pm    Post subject:
heyy keep it upp!!!! We ' re all behind you!
don ' t give in, consistency is KEY!
maro
Senior Member
Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 236
Latitude: pakistan
Clip Feb 06, 2008 7: 52 pm    Post subject:
yaz180 wrote:
consistency is KEY!
i just read ( in this forum dont know where )
if you eat the same menu everyday it would help in weight loss
artinformation best of luck!
thx for supporting me [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
yaz180
Established Member
Joined: 07 May 2007
Posts: 142
Leash Feb 06, 2008 8: 36 pm    Post subject:
yeahh i read this in a magazine too. apparently jenifer aniston does it for lunch every day. dunno - i think it just helps u stop thinkin abt food, which in turn stops unecessary binging. i ' m not sure.
Ginny_O
Admitted Member
Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 141
Latitude: Maryland
Melt Feb 06, 2008 9: 05 pm    Post subject:
There ' s also something I read that said that you eat more if you eat more variety. i. e. at buffets, when you take a spoonful of this, a spoonful of that - - it adds up to a lot more calories than if you layout a la carte. I think if you eat the same thing all the time you get a bit bored with it so you don ' t eat as much. You know you ' ll have it again tomorrow. While if it ' s something you don ' t eat often, you ' ll take more because who knows how long it will be before you get it again?
artinformation
Confessed Member
Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Posts: 123
Juxtapose Feb 06, 2008 9: 24 pm    Post subject:
Thank you everyone for your support
I totally subscribe with you all about eating the same thing everyday will help you to lose weight. I think I am going to give it a try for a few days. The principle is so uninvolved, I can ' t believe I didn ' t think of it before.
artinformation
Certified Member
Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Posts: 123
Thu Feb 07, 2008 1: 47 am    Post subject: Day 10 and I have an exercise question
I got through day 10. No cheats so far but the night is not over yet - - - - I made myself go and exercise again today. I don ' t think I have exercised 2 days in a row in my life. Today I exercised for 38 minutes. 30 minutes on treadmill and 8 minutes on the bike. I worked out 1 mile on each.
I have a couple exercise questions:
How do I keep trak of my exercising. Do I count the miles that I do or the time that I spend exercisin? I know its kind of a stupid question but I don ' t go to a gym. I have an exercise room in my apartment.
Ginny_O
Established Member
Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 141
Location: Maryland
Thu Feb 07, 2008 4: 06 am    Post subject:
If your goal is just good health, then I would think time would be the thing to keep track of. Your goal is to do an hour a day, 4 - 5 days a week ( or more ).
OTOH, If you like to challenge yourself and feel like you ' re making progress, then you might want to keep track of miles, to see whether you can improve your ability to walk / run / bike. i. e. starting out, you may only be able to run 100 yards. After a couple of weeks, you may be able to run 1 / 2 mile. From there it picks up, to the point of running 5 miles. Keeping track of that kind of progress can be fun to do. You really can tell the difference in your fitness levels, which feels very good.
artinformation
Established Member
Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Posts: 123
Sat Feb 09, 2008 6: 43 am    Post subject: I am shocked I hate fast food
Today is day 12 and I have only lost 1 lb. As you all know I have been very fustrated with the lack of weight loss. I have done all the right things like increase water, exercise, cut out splenda, diet coke, cream, 20 gram carbs, veges, salads etc. Today I started the day off good, I had eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast and then I had chicken and romaine for lunch. I went to Cosco and stocked up for next week. When I got home I found out my Godmother has been taken into the emergency room. Seems like lately every weekend I end up going to the emergency room for someone I know. Anyway I stayed in the emergency room till 11: 30 pm and then on the way home I told my husband that I wanted to cheat to see if I can break this stall. Since no where else was open, I went to Wendy ' s and ordered myself a double cheeseburger and super size fries. My husband declined and said he would stay on plan. I started eating the fries in the car. The first 4 or 5 tasted really good but after that each one tasted worse and worse. Meanwhile my husband couldnt take it any more and he turned around and ordered himself a meal. By the time we got home I had finished the fries and they tasted like I was eatting very greasy straws or cardboard. I had this very greasy taste in my mouth. I felt like I had drank a gallon of oil. So I am thinking to myself: Self you hated the fries but you will surely like the hamburger. I took one bite and then two. I didn ' t enjoy the hamburger one bit. The more I ate it the worse it tasted. It didn ' t have any taste in my mouth!!! My husband had the exact same reaction. He is like what is this that I am eating. It dosn ' t taste like I remember. These things used to taste very good and now I don ' t like the fries or the hamburger. 2 hours have passed since my meal and I really feel sick. I am still feeling very very full, bloated, uncomfortable. I have this horrible taste in my mouth and throat. I still feel like I have drank a gallan of baaaaaaaaaaad oil. This cheat meal might or it might not help my weight loss. But one thing it did was to show me that I do not like the way that I used to eat. I don ' t think my body can take my old unhealthy life style. Time will tell but for now I have sworn off fast food for good. Right now I don ' t even want to eat Wendy ' s hamburger without the bun. ( I have been eatting clean since January 14th. I guess my taste buds have totally changed. I eat a lot of fat on Atkins EVO oil and butter and it dosn ' t bother me. Has this happed to anyone else? After my cheat meal I have been thinking maybe the reason I havn ' t lost is because I lost 10 lbs on a plan very similar to Atkins and then I started Atkins right away??? What do you all think????
yaz180
Established Member
Joined: 07 May 2007
Posts: 142
Sat Feb 09, 2008 3: 01 pm    Post subject:
i know howit feels! numerous times... after restricting yourself from a life time full of bad habits, you think that if you go back to it it ' ' l be just the way it used to be.
last summer i gave in and a peanut butter and jam sandwich, wen on to chocolates, cereal, rice, noodles... and everytime, NOTHING made me feel full / happy / energetic / healthy. cheap nasty carbs. the only thing that really satisfied me was fresh steamed veggies.
but the cheap carbs, fast food, rice...? nada. it only made me feel FAT, tired, DEPRESSED and totally out of control of my life. lets never go back.
desertbitch
Senior Member
Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 367
Location: High Desert, CA.
Sun Feb 10, 2008 5: 06 pm    Post subject:
my tastebuds have changed, too. I cant remember what i ate, but I was surprised at how lousy it was. i did eat a piece of homemade whole wheat banana bread I made and I felt like I had eaten a basketball. PAIN!
Sorry about your hospital visits.
tickerrose
New Member
Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 15
Location: Upstate New York
Tue Feb 12, 2008 4: 11 pm    Post subject:
another thing I noticed last time I did the diet ( I haven ' t cheated yet this time around so I don ' t know about this time! ) was that I had a much increased sensativity to sweet. I remember I once took a sip on non - diet soda and almost threw up. I couldn ' t believe how sweet it tasted and not in a good way.
AlexaKL
New Member
Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 2
Location: Maryland
Tue Feb 12, 2008 7: 46 pm    Post subject:
It ' s hard to believe that I could EVER lose my love for chocholate. Could it really happen? I can say no to about everything else, but very hard to say no to chocolate.

No comments: