Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Nov 6, 2008

Fast Ketosis
Author
Message
BeTheB
New Member
Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 2
Tue Feb 12, 2008 1: 47 pm    Post subject: Fast Ketosis
Hi, I ' m on my second day of Atkins now, and I just bought Ketostix. I decided to test them, quick-witted it ' s probably too soon to be in Ketosis, but to my huge surprise it rotten a shade of pink. Does anyone know if it ' s possible to be in dietary ketosis so soon, or should I be worried about diabetes?
bluehex
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Dec 2003
Posts: 2663
Locus: Warsaw, Poland
Tue Feb 12, 2008 3: 35 pm    Post subject:
Yes, it is possible. Maybe you had very little glycogen stored. Not frequent, but IMHO possible.
If you are worried, what I would do is have three - four days on high sugar - sodas, juices, pastries, you name it - and then test. If you still show positive, go to a doctor.
BeTheB
New Member
Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 2
Tue Feb 12, 2008 6: 29 pm    Post subject:
Well, I had been eating kind of high - fat, medium - sugar the days before, and véry low - carb yesterday, so that might explain... Just tested again, and it was a much darker shade of purple than it was earlier, so I do think it ' s dietary ketosis kicking in... I also feel a lot less nauseous than I did earlier today and yesterday, so now I ' m fairly confident it ' s just the diet starting to work.
Thanks anyway!

No comments: