Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Nov 6, 2008

hardest part of the diet?
Author
Message
gibsonman
New Member
Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 18
Sat Aug 18, 2007 7: 49 am    Post subject: hardest part of the diet?
just curious as to what people think is the hardest thing about atkins, adjsuting to and changing your lifestyle, etc... i personally think the hardest part is beverages. if milk was aloud, this would be a total breeze in my opinnion. i love meats and veggies and cheeses. i ' ve found the carby things i love are repeatedly only good because of the non - carb things you put on them like butter, sour cream, for potatoes, pasta is only good because of the sauce, etc.
i work in an italian restaurant that is pretty tough. we are aloud free sodas, soup and salad. i drink SOOOO much water there. I just constantly am filling up my to go cup and drinking water water water. I probably drink well over 100 ounces a day. for my shift meal I just get tilapia or salmon or shrimp or chicken then some saut ' ed spinach and put some red pepper on it
i ' ve been cooking for myself alot as well, but to get back to what i said, i think drinks are the hardest part. i dislike diet beverages very much and i hear it stalls some people and i don ' t even want to take that chance so i just stay away.
pinkprincess
Familiar Member
Joined: 13 Jun 2007
Posts: 46
Situation: cardiff
Sat Aug 18, 2007 12: 11 pm    Post subject:
The hardest part for me is no bread I love eating anything in a sandwich especially on white soft bread
goonernumber1
New Member
Joined: 05 Jan 2007
Posts: 24
Post: London
Sat Aug 18, 2007 12: 18 pm    Post subject:
For me I would say it was the beverages and chocolate, oh and pastries.
I ' ve found that a nice cold can od diet coke with crimson every once in a while as a treat can fill a rather large hole.
Takes care of my sweet tooth as well!
catsandtrees
Patent Member
Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Posts: 44
Stage: Smack in the middle of the UK
Sat Aug 18, 2007 2: 06 pm    Post subject:
b r e a d! I used to eat 4 slices for breakfast and if I was still hungry maybe another 3!
Oh how I miss bread... and milk and cereal as well. Oh and crisps.
Dont miss sweet stuff as never used to eat much anyway. Did not drink alcohol so that makes it easier for me I suppose.
I am not really craving anything at the moment but I feel abit greasy. I think it ' s because I am frying meat instead of grilling it like I used to.
Chantel SW 188 CW 184 GW 147 10 days into induction, next weigh in Aug 23rd.
Reasonableness
Conscious Member
Joined: 08 Aug 2007
Posts: 41
Locale: Palm Beach, Fla.
Sat Aug 18, 2007 2: 57 pm    Post subject:
Beer and taco bell.. it ' s been 146 days, i ' ve lost 91 lbs, but i realy miss a burritto and budweiser.. [ / icon_confused. gif]
catsandtrees
Certified Member
Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Posts: 44
Post: Smack in the middle of the UK
Sat Aug 18, 2007 3: 05 pm    Post subject:
Hearing wrote:
Beer and taco bell.. it ' s been 146 days, i ' ve lost 91 lbs, but i realy miss a burritto and budweiser.. [ / icon_confused. gif]
Wow, that is amazing. Well done you.
[ / icon_eek. gif]
titianwasp
Proverbial Member
Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Posts: 122
Stage: Groton, Ma.
Sat Aug 18, 2007 4: 25 pm    Post subject: miss stuff
I will have my sporadic light beer, but I do really miss milk too. And sauces - I love a good curry, but most of the good pre - packaged curry sauces have a lot of carbs in them.
Miss sharing the pancakes I make for my kids.
coralie
New Member
Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 4
Locus: Devon, UK
Knit Aug 22, 2007 7: 35 pm    Post subject:
Proper coffee with milk, from a cattle udder, not a soya bean! - not enjoying cream in my coffee either.
hants
New Member
Joined: 27 Aug 2007
Posts: 2
Tue Aug 28, 2007 3: 50 pm    Post subject:
Not being able to eat bread and missing the convenience of cereal for breakfast are the toughest for me.
ildanoch
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 212
Tue Aug 28, 2007 5: 07 pm    Post subject:
I miss bread
I hate having to constantly buy new clothes [ / icon_twisted. gif]
Deborah sw237 cw 173 gw 145
lamd98
Senior Member
Joined: 21 Ruin 2007
Posts: 248
Direction: Alberta, Canada
Tue Aug 28, 2007 7: 01 pm    Post subject:
I miss eating Dutch black licorice and I mean a WHOLE bag!
Pipi
Proverbial Member
Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Posts: 35
Thu Sep 06, 2007 3: 24 pm    Post subject:
Hardest part is " no carbs ".... plain as that. [ / icon_smile. gif]
ildanoch
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 212
Thu Sep 06, 2007 7: 21 pm    Post subject:
not supposed to have " no carbs "
Deborah
Pipi
Well-known Member
Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Posts: 35
Tue Sep 18, 2007 4: 24 pm    Post subject:
Well, then... I love to eat cereal with low fat fruit yogurt and some fruits in it. I miss fruit the most. I love bread too, but, I do not eat much bread anyway as I was always watching what I eat. Oh yes, and I miss popcorn too. I replaced often my meals with low fat popcorn. So, I would say cereal, yogurt, fruit and popcorn.
I never ate much rubbish food. I do not have any chips, instant food, sweets or anything like that in my house. I cook every day, often vegetables with some lean meat, or pasta and I am trying to impart my kids healthy food habits.
pheonixheart
Senior Member
Joined: 29 Apr 2004
Posts: 665
Locale: Florida
Tue Sep 18, 2007 6: 41 pm    Post subject:
The hardest thing for me is not being able to be on it!!!
Right now it ' s because of the equivalent - distilled crud is so much cheaper! I ' ve been off Atkins for a couple years and have put on all the weight I lost & then some [ / icon_cry. gif] Sometimes we only have about $70 to feed a family of 4 for 2 weeks. Atkins doesn ' t fit well into that plan [ / icon_eek. gif] [ / icon_evil. gif] [ / icon_rolleyes. gif].
I ' d rather be missing fruit slushies or something!! [ / icon_lol. gif]
Hopefully we ' ll be in a better situation so that I can hop back on later this year or at least in January!!
Coralie - try heavy cream in your coffee - it ' s WAY delicious and low - carb and so creamy and rich!! I used to have a tablespoon ( sometimes 2 if i splurged ) in my coffee occasionally and it more than made up for no milk!
Nina
New Member
Joined: 16 Sep 2007
Posts: 16
Location: New York, USA
Sun Sep 23, 2007 5: 35 am    Post subject:
The harderst part of this diet for me is getting relatives to understand that no means no... if you know I am on Atkins, please don ' t offer me carb - loaded dishes inorder to tempt me and watch me give in and make you feel as though you have been proven to be right about the Atkins woe being unhealthy, when in reality you are not, since what you are offering me is simple carbs, UGH! [ / icon_mad. gif] All that to say that finding support is the hardest part of this diet even though I have lost 13lbs so far...
By the way, I also miss Häagen - Dazs® strawberry icecream with pound cake... which I can now speak / write about with out my mouth watering... YAY!
Last edited by Nina on Fri Oct 26, 2007 2: 29 pm; edited 3 times in total
KHOLOBAR
Senior Member
Joined: 16 Jun 2007
Posts: 965
Tue Sep 25, 2007 4: 40 am    Post subject:
ben and jerrys stawberry cheesecake ice cream the whole pint I miss.
CrystalAnn777
Established Member
Joined: 02 May 2006
Posts: 127
Fri Oct 05, 2007 3: 53 am    Post subject:
The hardest part for me is no wine or champagne.... [ / icon_sad. gif]
I ' ve been a wine person all my adult life, and some of my non - adult life, lol.
AUZTRALIKA13
New Member
Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 10
Fri Oct 19, 2007 2: 40 pm    Post subject:
DEFINITELY THE HARDEST PART IS NO COFFEE WITH MILK AND COOKIES
Fiona
Established Member
Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 135
Location: Western New York
Fri Oct 19, 2007 3: 51 pm    Post subject:
I can live without sweets or bread but I cannot live without diet soda, and sometimesa little rum. That ' s the hard part for me.
Miss_lirpa
New Member
Joined: 18 Oct 2007
Posts: 16
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Fri Oct 19, 2007 6: 02 pm    Post subject:
heh.. I would love having to constantly buy new clothes!! If people are having trouble with this I forsee one of my problems as having enough money to buy those new clothes!
rae
Established Member
Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 53
Location: Michigan USA
Fri Oct 19, 2007 9: 12 pm    Post subject:
I miss mindless snacking on chips & popcorn when I ' m watching tv at night. Meat, raw veggies, eggs or cheese just don ' t do it.
Fiona
Established Member
Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 135
Location: Western New York
Sat Oct 20, 2007 12: 55 am    Post subject:
Try pork rinds, yesterday I bought some with chili and are great while watching TV and have 0 carbs, later on the diet we may have a cup of popcorn. Chicken wings for those football sundays are also Atkins perfect.
Tara77
Senior Member
Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Posts: 231
Location: north carolina
Sat Oct 20, 2007 1: 15 am    Post subject:
Hardest part for me is family get togethers... someone always baking a pie or cake,, casaroles ect. I don ' t want to say no cause I hate to offend anyone I usually put a little of everything on my plate and rave how good it is though i dont even taste it [ / icon_confused. gif] though the thing i miss the most is my pasta!!!!!!!!!!!! the lowcarb stuff to me just doesnt taste the saem [ / icon_cry. gif]
rae
Established Member
Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 53
Location: Michigan USA
Sat Oct 20, 2007 3: 44 pm    Post subject:
Tara77 have you tried Dreamfields Pasta? It ' s low carb and I can ' t tell the difference
billyradio
New Member
Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 12
Location: Canton, Michigan
Mon Oct 22, 2007 5: 24 pm    Post subject: Hardest part of the diet
POPCORN! POPCORN! POPCORN! POPCORN! POPCORN!
Tara77
Senior Member
Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Posts: 231
Location: north carolina
Tue Oct 23, 2007 1: 07 am    Post subject:
rae no i havn ' t tried that where can you buy it?
miffin
Established Member
Joined: 23 Aug 2003
Posts: 109
Location: England
Tue Oct 23, 2007 8: 54 am    Post subject:
Real Ale. Like Inspector Morse drinks!
rae
Established Member
Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 53
Location: Michigan USA
Tue Oct 23, 2007 12: 52 pm    Post subject:
I get Dreemfields pasta at my local grocery store. It ' s in the regular pasta section. It comes in all types, elbows, penne, lingunie, etc. The box states that it has:
Total Carbs: 42
Controlled Carbs: - 37
_____
Digestible Carbs 5
You can vist their web site at www DreamfieldsFoods com to read more and I think you can also order from there.
I don ' t eat it very often and haven ' t eaten it at all during induction. It seems to good to be true, but when I not doing induction anymore and really want some pasta, it ' s the only pasta I ' ll eat.
Fiona
Established Member
Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 135
Location: Western New York
Thu Oct 25, 2007 12: 22 am    Post subject:
Can somebody explain me this??
Total Carbs: 42
Controlled Carbs: - 37
_____
Digestible Carbs 5
What does these controlled, total and digestible carbs mean?? I mean, at the end how many carbs should we count in a portion?
ilovenick
New Member
Joined: 27 Jul 2007
Posts: 5
Thu Oct 25, 2007 8: 34 pm    Post subject:
I really miss sweet, yeast rolls, some desserts and McD ' s French Fries
Justice
Established Member
Joined: 08 Aug 2007
Posts: 41
Location: Palm Beach, Fla.
Thu Oct 25, 2007 9: 57 pm    Post subject:
I really miss hanging out under the bleachers in high school with my girlfriend trying to get..... oh wrong forum....... okay, i miss taco bell and budweiser.. [ / icon_cool. gif].
Tara77
Senior Member
Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Posts: 231
Location: north carolina
Fri Oct 26, 2007 2: 01 am    Post subject:
hahahaha justice sorry had to laugh miss the old times too!!!!!!!!
oOo_Time2Diet_oOo
New Member
Joined: 27 Oct 2007
Posts: 8
Wed Oct 31, 2007 6: 54 pm    Post subject: Hey
the hardest thing for me is... the price! I am a student so i normally have to make do with microwave ready meals or tinned, packaged food. All this MEAT is so expensive.
But apart from that i miss CHOCOLATE, POTATOES, & DRINKS.
PeteTheAcousticGuy
Established Member
Joined: 26 Oct 2007
Posts: 63
Location: Eastchester, NY
Wed Oct 31, 2007 7: 52 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey
oOo_Time2Diet_oOo wrote:
the hardest thing for me is... the price! I am a student so i normally have to make do with microwave ready meals or tinned, packaged food. All this MEAT is so expensive.
But apart from that i miss CHOCOLATE, POTATOES, & DRINKS.
Where do you go to school? Cuz I ' ll tell ya one thing, if you go away to school, that cafeteria food sucks and is definitely not healthy for you!
afterthought9
Established Member
Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 96
Wed Oct 31, 2007 9: 16 pm    Post subject:
the hardest part for me is accepting that while keeping to a diet like this i ' m not actually hungry and not really craving the chocolate bars dancing about my head like fearies on acid!!! i ' ve eaten junk food and anything else i wanted for so long it ' s hard to keep to this, even though i don ' t crave the junk now. make sense?

No comments: