Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Nov 6, 2008

USA based site
Author
Message
miffin
Common Member
Joined: 23 Aug 2003
Posts: 109
Position: England
Thu Nov 01, 2007 8: 43 am    Post subject: USA based site
I was just wondering if this is just a USA based site. The reason being is that I have put on around 6 posts of veritable query ' s and I have not managed to get even one reply!! I am in the UK and it has made me think.
Brian
ildanoch
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 212
Thu Nov 01, 2007 11: 36 am    Post subject:
This is an internet based site [ / icon_smile. gif] I believe the majority of the posters are from the US but we have multifarious people from the UK and beyond.
As for your lack of response. I only see 3 posts you havent got a response on ( and one of those was a repeat post ). One about protein powders and one about your quiche sticking.
Did you consider that maybe nobody had a response? Personally, I have no clue about the quiche sticking as I ' ve never made it. I also don ' t have a protein powder to recommend. I saw no reason to post negative info.
Also, have you tried searching for your answers? 99. 9999999 % of the posts lately are posts that could have been chewed answered if someone had taken the time to search this forum or google.
Generally we don ' t mind answering questions and we definately want to support people in their lifestyle change. However, sometimes we are busy in our own lives and don ' t have time or energy.
I ' m sorry if I sound disagreeing, blame the sugar feast as I was very very bad yesterday. Halloween candy dishes loaded with chocolate bars should be unlawful at the office!!!
Deborah sw237 cw162 ( I hope ) gw145
miffin
Manifest Member
Joined: 23 Aug 2003
Posts: 109
Spot: England
Thu Nov 01, 2007 3: 23 pm    Post subject:
Well your reply does sound a tad aggresive. Hope you can do better on the diet today. Nobody replied to my progress post either. I notice some people put progress reports on and get loads of encouragment. I did do some searches but I either got no info or conflicting info, so I was hoping for a straight reply. I must just live with it I suppose, the fact that I cannot have the same charisma as most.
Brian
pheonixheart
Senior Member
Joined: 29 Apr 2004
Posts: 665
Location: Florida
Thu Nov 01, 2007 6: 54 pm    Post subject:
Personally, I don ' t know beans about protein powders myself or I ' d have been happy to respond - it ' s quite likely that ' s the case for others too.
Also, you may wish to post things in the appropriate forums - if you had posted the question in the recipes forum since it was asking about the powders mentioned in recipes, you may have gotten responses because not everyone visits all the forums every day.
If nobody responds to you, please try not to take it personally. It ' s not about you hun - there ' s more than likely an explanation that has nothing to do with you or with the fact that a lot of the posters happen to reside in the USA. We have folks all over the world that post on the site - if it ' s a question that can be answered, it will be. [ / icon_wink. gif].
miffin
Established Member
Joined: 23 Aug 2003
Posts: 109
Location: England
Thu Nov 01, 2007 7: 08 pm    Post subject:
OK thanks. I did post it in the recipe forum too though. I understand that not all people use them but I have managed to find out quite a bit now and have actually bought some.
Thanks Again.
Brian

No comments: