Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Nov 6, 2008

Starting Tomorrow
Author
Message
wanttobethin
New Member
Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 20
Locus: North Wales
Mon May 05, 2008 6: 28 pm    Post subject: Starting Tomorrow
Hi everyone.
I want to loose the 2 stone that I can ' t shift after having my baby. Have tried ~WW~ and Slimming World but they haven ' t favorable me. I am cheering this diet will work as I always get bloated after bread and potatoes.
So 28lbs to lose starting tomorrow.
Hope you guys can help and support me.
~Rachel~
treespirit
New Member
Joined: 08 Jan 2005
Posts: 18
Latitude: Oregon, USA
Mon May 05, 2008 8: 17 pm    Post subject:
[ / icon_biggrin. gif] Why not start today?
wanttobethin
New Member
Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 20
Station: North Wales
Mon May 05, 2008 9: 40 pm    Post subject:
[ / icon_razz. gif] Can ' t do today. Kids off school and have already drunk loads at a barbeque. Just had my last supper Cheese on toast and it was bewitching but will get on the scales tomorrow and start loosing weight crossed fingers LOL
Rachel xx [ / icon_wink. gif]
treespirit
New Member
Joined: 08 Jan 2005
Posts: 18
Spot: Oregon, USA
Mon May 05, 2008 10: 06 pm    Post subject:
So you had cheese on toast.... Im just saying anything further that you have today can be atkins. You can also start pouring down the water. It will just give you a bit of a head start.
porkypine
New Member
Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 16
Tue May 06, 2008 5: 07 am    Post subject:
Hey Rachel! Welcome to Atkins! I ' m on day two now with around the same amount to lose. I got through day 1 by stocking up my fridge with a nice variety of Atkins - friendly food. Hope it goes well for you too [ / icon_smile. gif]
wanttobethin
New Member
Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 20
Bearings: North Wales
Tue May 06, 2008 8: 26 am    Post subject:
Hi Porkypine
Glad to have someone who has the same amount to lose.
I have just had bacon and eggs for brekkie will have tuna mayo and lettuce for dinner and have an omelette with cheese and mushrooms lined up for tea.
Bought loads of water for the day so hopefully I am all prepared. Just need to work out what to feed hubby and the kids LOL
What are you having today?
Rachel
porkypine
New Member
Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 16
Tue May 06, 2008 9: 06 am    Post subject:
For breakfast I had an egg and 2 slices of bacon. I got up entirely early so I ' ve already had my mid - morning snack: 1 oz cheese with italian ham.
For lunch I ' m planning on making salad wraps with beef, mayo, cheese and more salad inside. ( I would maybe put some red peppers in too but I ' m having the rest of my veg carbs for tea )
For tea I ' m going to make the broccoli chinese fried rice dish that I found in the recipe section. I ' ll let you know if it ' s as good as they say it is, it ' s the kind of meal the whole family can enjoy [ / icon_smile. gif]
I ' ve already lost 3 lbs ( water weight ) since yesterday. It ' s really encouraging. I hope you wake up to a nice surprise tomorrow too [ / icon_smile. gif]
wanttobethin
New Member
Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 20
Setting: North Wales
Tue May 06, 2008 9: 30 am    Post subject:
Thats great porky!! 3lbs gone so do you feel less bloated now? I always felt bloated after bread and potatoes so rosy my belly bulge will go down. Your menu seems a bit more varied than mine but I am sure I will get there by following all your advice.
Rach
wanttobethin
New Member
Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 20
Latitude: North Wales
Wed May 07, 2008 7: 06 am    Post subject:
Morning everyone [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
Well I have just weighed myself and I am 3lbs down I know its only water weight but boy does it make me feel good [ / icon_lol. gif]
Stuck to it really well yesterday drunk loads of water and ate all the recommend foods.
Today is bacon and eggs for breakfast once I ' ve got the girls off to school.
Thanks to everyone for your advice
Rach salute
redboots
Accepted Member
Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 142
Site: Cardiff, Wales
Join May 07, 2008 8: 31 am    Post subject:
Well done thats great news I always wait until my daughters in school before I have breakfast as well
wanttobethin
New Member
Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 20
Locus: North Wales
Append May 07, 2008 8: 50 am    Post subject:
Hi ~Redboots
You are probably like me and have no time to eat before they go. [ / icon_sad. gif]
I notice you are from Wales too, hope you are enjoying the sun today. How long have you been on this diet and is it going well for you? I feel so excited that I might have found a way to get rid of this baby weight. Ruby is 2 next month so its defo time for it to go [ / icon_rolleyes. gif]
Rach salutation
redboots
Published Member
Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 142
Position: Cardiff, Wales
Coadunate May 07, 2008 8: 59 am    Post subject:
I still have my baby weight and my daughters 7 lol
I started in febuary my progress is under the name pinkprincess
I ' ve lost just over a stone so far but I ' ve cheated a few times and had a week or two off as well.
I ' m losing about a 1lb a week but I ' m happy with that, I don ' t feel as though I ' m really missing out on anything on this diet.
I started off at 157lbs so I needed to lose nearly 2 stone as well.
The sun shining does seem to engurage me with the diet lots of tuna or chicken salad in this weather
wanttobethin
New Member
Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 20
Locus: North Wales
Conjoin May 07, 2008 9: 29 am    Post subject:
Thats great losing a stone how much more do you have to go?
I have a cheese and corned beef salad lined up for dinner but to be honest after my bacon and eggs and nearly a litre of water I am to full to be thinking about food so that can ' t be bad [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
Think I ' ll take Ruby out for a long walk after ( once my brekkie has gone down LOL ) Going to Cyprus in August so promising to be on target for that.
Its hard especially when I am a mum to 2 skinny teenagers who always look great [ / icon_evil. gif]
Rach xx
porkypine
New Member
Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 16
Lump together May 07, 2008 4: 55 pm    Post subject:
Hello,
Congrats Rachel on your 3lbs! I sadly didn ' t lose anything today, I think my water weight ' s all gone [ / icon_smile. gif] Your corned beef salad sounds really nice! I hadn ' t thought to buy any corned beef. I got a bit frustrated in the supermarket at the amount of cold meat slices with dextrose in the ingredients.
The cauliflower Chinese fried rice was really nice, you should definitely try it. Although I ' d advise you to put the cauliflower in the food - processor instead of spending an hour grating it [ / icon_smile. gif]
Congrats Redboots on losing a stone! Looks like we all want to lose 2 stone here [ / icon_smile. gif]
wheresmycoat
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 326
Bracket May 07, 2008 5: 29 pm    Post subject:
Hi Porky,
Would you please post your cauliflower fried rice recipe? Sounds delicious!
Thanks!
porkypine
New Member
Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 16
Clip May 07, 2008 5: 55 pm    Post subject:
I found it in the recipe section for some reason I can ' t post the link, but if you go there you ' ll find it.
I found it made 4 portions, and I heated one up for lunch today and it was goooood. I was a bit hesitant about using soy sauce but apparently it ' s ok as long as you count the carbs.
wanttobethin
New Member
Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 20
Spot: North Wales
Link May 07, 2008 7: 27 pm    Post subject:
Hi Porky
I will defo try the cauliflower fried rice. Need some help with some snacks I repeatedly snack on grapes but now can ' t do that so what can I have thats quick and easy.
Feeling really tired tonight its only 20. 30 and I want to go to stiffener [ / icon_cry. gif]
Feel really ratty and irritable [ / icon_evil. gif]
Hope I feel better tomorrow. It doesn ' t make me want to give in though.
I have sorted all my clothes out today and ironed my thin clothes to give me an insentive [ / icon_lol. gif]
Rach xx
porkypine
New Member
Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 16
Combine May 07, 2008 8: 42 pm    Post subject:
Rachel - How much water are you drinking? It ' s easy to confuse hunger with thirst. About the snacks I find it hard too. You could try some mayonnaise on turkey slices or maybe some cream cheese on celery. I repeatedly snack on stuff like Italian prosciutto ham and today I had some smoked salmon. Don ' t forget you can wrap anything you like in a salad leaf too.
I ' m worried I might be eating too much, but if the calories really don ' t count it should be ok.
Oh and if you feel ratty don ' t forget a cup of tea is the solution for everything [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
wanttobethin
New Member
Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 20
Post: North Wales
Associate May 07, 2008 9: 25 pm    Post subject:
Hi Porky
Thanks for the snack tips hope they will help me through tomorrow. I have drunk 2 litres of water today so it can be thirst LOL
Hubby has just taken me for a walk to get it out of my system and away from the fridge [ / icon_lol. gif]
It is helping me to have you to talk to.
Rachxxx
wanttobethin
New Member
Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: North Wales
Fri May 09, 2008 7: 07 am    Post subject:
OMG Another 2lbs off today. So thats 5lb since Tuesday. I am feeling really good and even waking up hungry. I have my 3 meals a day but don ' t feel like snacking inbetween which is amazing for me and I haven ' t seen my stomach this flat in ages.
So so happy [ / icon_lol. gif]
Rach xx
redboots
Established Member
Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 142
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Fri May 09, 2008 8: 25 am    Post subject:
Thats fab well done on losing 5lb your doing fab and I ' m sure you ' ll be at your target weight for you hol in August
wanttobethin
New Member
Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: North Wales
Fri May 09, 2008 10: 46 am    Post subject:
Thanks Redboots
I am so excited I can ' t belive it.
Rach xx
porkypine
New Member
Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 16
Fri May 09, 2008 11: 32 am    Post subject:
Wow that ' s great!! I still haven ' t lost anything since my water weight.. I ' m being careful and following the rules so I don ' t understand why I ' m not losing anything.
How many calories do you eat roughly per day?
I got my period today though, maybe that ' s having some effect on my weight. I really hope I ' m not just a slow loser!
By the way, today I tried oopsie rolls and used them as a bun for a cheeseburger. It was delicious!!
xoxo
wanttobethin
New Member
Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: North Wales
Fri May 09, 2008 7: 28 pm    Post subject:
Hi Porky
Not sure how many calories I am having just sticking to 3 meals a day but to be honest I think because of the sugar stablizing thing I am not feeling the need to eat snacks and just drink about 2 litres of water.
Never heard of oopie? rolls will google it now though.
Sure your period is halting this weeks progress so maybe you will lose double next week.
Oh to be a man [ / icon_lol. gif]
Rach xx
wanttobethin
New Member
Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: North Wales
Sat May 10, 2008 7: 19 am    Post subject:
OMG Its Saturday morning the sun is shining and I ' ve lost another 1lb [ / icon_lol. gif]
Thats 6lbs since Tuesday. And you can tell even hubby noticed that I have a waist at last!!
Just having my breakfast of bacon and melted cheese, but working today so I am a bit worried about what to eat whilst I ' m on my travels but I ' m sure that I ' ll manage.
Hope everyone else is doing well
Rach xx
porkypine
New Member
Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 16
Sat May 10, 2008 7: 27 am    Post subject:
Congrats on the loss!
Did you manage to find the oopsie - roll recipe? I ' d post a link, but I still don ' t know how to... If you type ' cleochatra oopsie roll ' into google you should find it. If you have time to make any this morning you could use them as bread for a sarnie to take into work for lunch.
Whatever you do, don ' t be influenced by everyone else eating high - carb food at lunch. You ' re doing really well, keep up the good work [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
I ' ve lost a bit too although I ' ve been having some huge chocolate cravings! I had a bit of a binge last night but only on acceptable foods. Can ' t wait to weigh in on Monday and see how much I ' ll have lost in week 1.
wanttobethin
New Member
Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: North Wales
Mon May 12, 2008 9: 00 am    Post subject:
Ok Monday morning and after a busy weekend I have lost another 1lb. The weekend wasn ' t that bad and managed to eat while I was out and about. Went to the chippy and got a cheeseburger with loads of salad and mayo and it was lovely and threw the roll away. Also had a prawn salad which was lovely.
Can ' t believe how easy this is so far
Rach xx
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Location: San Jose
Mon May 12, 2008 11: 30 pm    Post subject:
You ' re doing great! Good idea to order a cheeseburger and toss the roll. I like how easy it is to do Atkins too. The only weird thing so far is when I ' m eating out with others and they remark about my food choices. How rude! [ / icon_rolleyes. gif] [ / icon_smile. gif]
Tracy08
New Member
Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 3
Location: USA
Tue May 13, 2008 2: 53 am    Post subject:
What is a " chippy " and how much is a stone in lbs?
wheresmycoat
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 326
Tue May 13, 2008 7: 15 am    Post subject:
chippy is a take away ( to go ) food outlet where they ( mainly ) sell deep fried fish and chips ( fries ).
1 stone = 14 lbs.
Danka_la
New Member
Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: Trebinje - Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tue May 13, 2008 1: 41 pm    Post subject:
Hello, Im Danka from Bosnia and Herzegovina and I am 14years old. I have 60 kg in weight ( help me to converte into pounds; ) ). I started atkins few days ago... but sometimes I cant resist the highcarb food.
we all should stick together, shouldnt we!? I hate my body when I see Sienna Miller! I have been introduced to atkins diet, but if u got some sugestions or advices, you will help me a lot!!!
My question is May I use chew gims ( like orbit, winterfresh, strong,.. )... hug from danka!
wanttobethin
New Member
Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: North Wales
Tue May 13, 2008 4: 36 pm    Post subject:
OK Tuesday morning and another 2lbs gone so I think thats 9lb in a week. Starting to feel the benefits too.
Had Prawn Salad today it was lovely and I have bought a garlic mushroom chicken from asda today with nil carbs. There are 2 chicken breasts, mushrooms and garlic butter and you cook it for 30mins. I will have mine with broccoli and made some mash as well for hubby. Makes meal times easier.
I take baby belles out with me for if I feel peckish.
this diet really works [ / icon_lol. gif]
Hope everyone is doing well
Rach xx ( 9lb lighter ) [ / icon_lol. gif]
heyla44
Established Member
Joined: 28 Apr 2008
Posts: 84
Location: Yorkshire
Tue May 13, 2008 4: 39 pm    Post subject:
Congrats on you 9lbs! It feels good doesn ' t it? The best thing is when people notice. And in this lovely [ / icon_sunny. gif] weather you can show it off!!!
MMMMM Chippy... wonder how many carbs there are in fish and chips with scraps....
Last edited by heyla44 on Tue May 13, 2008 6: 13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caoimhe
Senior Member
Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 226
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Tue May 13, 2008 4: 46 pm    Post subject:
congratulations on the loss! i like how atkins doesn ' t make you feel some sort of guilt for feeling hungry, or like a failure for wanting food. i fell off the food wagon, but am now back on and more determined than ever! [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
porkypine
New Member
Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 16
Tue May 13, 2008 4: 59 pm    Post subject:
Wow congrats that ' s wonderful!
I have to admit I feel off the wagon too at the weekend [ / icon_redface. gif]
But I ' m back on it and hopefully I ' ll have results like yours to show for it by the end of the week.
Your garlic mushroom chicken sounds amazaing too by the way, bon appétit [ / icon_wink. gif]
wanttobethin
New Member
Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: North Wales
Tue May 13, 2008 6: 26 pm    Post subject:
Thanks for all your replies can believe anyone reads my ramblings [ / icon_lol. gif]
This board is helping me a lot.
I nearly went astray at the weekend led by my hubby but I didn ' t cheat once. Can ' t believe it as I have never done a diet and not cheated by day 2 [ / icon_redface. gif]
Hope you are all doing well and Porky can ' t wait to hear about you loss.
Rach xx
Danka_la
New Member
Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: Trebinje - Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tue May 13, 2008 6: 54 pm    Post subject:
u are awesome!!! I give you my full support! great job! Now I can converte; ) so you have lost many kilos!!!!
GREAT
wanttobethin
New Member
Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: North Wales
Tue May 13, 2008 8: 53 pm    Post subject:
Thank you so much Danka
Hope your weight loss is going well.
Am feeling really hungry tonight so munching on prawns [ / icon_lol. gif]
Rach xx
Danka_la
New Member
Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: Trebinje - Bosnia and Herzegovina
Wed May 14, 2008 6: 10 pm    Post subject:
Now I am 124Ibs, tending to have 120. As you know Im on Atkins diet, and trying not to cheat! I will waight again tomorrow. If I find some recepiec, I will give you. You all have my support.
Nothing; ), You have done great jop, hold on!!!
Danka_la
New Member
Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: Trebinje - Bosnia and Herzegovina
Wed May 14, 2008 9: 49 pm    Post subject:
Danka_la wrote:
Now I am 124Ibs, tending to have 120. As you know Im on Atkins diet, and trying not to cheat! I will waight again tomorrow. If I find some recepiec, I will give you. You all have my support.
Nothing; ), You have done great jop, hold on!!!
I ment keep holding on! [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
porkypine
New Member
Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 16
Thu May 15, 2008 9: 03 am    Post subject:
Rachel - you ' re doing great, good job on not letting your hubby lead you astray [ / icon_biggrin. gif] Last week I lost a total of 5 lbs despite the weekend cheating. I ' m back on track though, there will be no cheating this week!
Danka - you really don ' t have a lot to lose so it ' s definitely not worth cheating! How is the diet going so far?
Danka_la
New Member
Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: Trebinje - Bosnia and Herzegovina
Thu May 15, 2008 12: 16 pm    Post subject:
Porkypine, you are right! I stopped cheating... sometimes ( but sometimes ) I cant resist the high carb food wich is my family eating: D. I need to control myself.
wanttobethin
New Member
Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: North Wales
Thu May 15, 2008 4: 04 pm    Post subject:
Hi Porky
Well done on your 5lb loss thats brilliant [ / icon_lol. gif]
I have stayed off the scales for a couple of days so I don ' t get disheartened if I haven ' t lost.
My trousers are definately fitting better though and more energy too. Just bought a baby jogger stroller so I can take her out for runs in the day time.
Danka - No cheating!! [ / icon_lol. gif]
Rach xx
Danka_la
New Member
Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: Trebinje - Bosnia and Herzegovina
Thu May 15, 2008 9: 33 pm    Post subject:
wanttobethin wrote:
Hi Porky
Well done on your 5lb loss thats brilliant [ / icon_lol. gif]
I have stayed off the scales for a couple of days so I don ' t get disheartened if I haven ' t lost.
My trousers are definately fitting better though and more energy too. Just bought a baby jogger stroller so I can take her out for runs in the day time.
Danka - No cheating!! [ / icon_lol. gif]
Rach xx
xaxax, I stopped cheathing when I sow Sienna Miller in new bikini ( definetly! ) [ / icon_smile. gif]
Danka_la
New Member
Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: Trebinje - Bosnia and Herzegovina
Thu May 15, 2008 9: 57 pm    Post subject:
Name Bacon Fried Cabbage
Category Vegetable
Serves / Yields 4
Difficulty Easy
Prep. Time 5 min.
Cook Time 10 min.
Introduction
This is a terrific way to enjoy cabbage, actually, when I was a kid it was the only way
my Mom could get me to eat it.
Ingredients
6 - 7 slices bacon, chopped
1 small head cabbage
salt & pepper to taste
small amount of water if needed
Directions
Step: 1 Fry chopped bacon in hot skillet until crispy. Remove with slotted spoon and reserve on paper towel. Chop cabbage to desired size ( any size will do ) and add to drippings in skillet. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Cover and reduce heat to med. or med. low and let cook about 5 min. ( or to desired doneness ) stirring ocassionally. If too dry add a small amount of water. Remove cabbage from skillet, sprinkle reserved bacon on top and enjoy!

No comments: