Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Very unfair...
Author
Message
Jemima
New Member
Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 3
Fri May 23, 2008 4: 28 pm    Post subject: Very unfair...
My best friend started Atkins a few months ago. Sis was pretty strict in Induction but still had Diet Coke, tomatoes, non - Splenda sweetener, some caffeine and even drank a few times. And bobby-soxer lost nearly a stone in those first couple of weeks. Nymphet ' s now lost 2 and a half and looks amazing.
So I went on it and did the same thing. But in two weeks I hadn ' t lost any weight, even though I exercised and the sticks said I was in ketosis. Are people just very different? V. upset by the injustice of it all... when I told people I was going on it, having seen the results my friend got it was a bit embarrassing that after 2 weeks I still looked the same. If I cut those cheat things out should I see a difference?
Also, I never ate that many carbs before... didn ' t like chips or crisps or potatoes or bread really and always used sweetener instead of sugar - could it be a portion that I ' ve not really made that much of a big change?
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Locality: San Jose
Fri May 23, 2008 8: 27 pm    Post subject:
It does seem unfair, doesn ' t it?
Could you post what you are eating and drinking? That would help us to point out any problems. It ' s really important to not cheat at all on Induction, even if your friend did and still lost weight.
The fact that you ' re in ketosis is encouraging. Are you exercising a lot more than you did before? You could be replacing fat with muscle, and muscle actually weighs more.
Jemima
New Member
Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 3
Sat May 24, 2008 4: 39 pm    Post subject:
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I think possibly she made it look easier than it was. I ' m exercising marginally more than before but I ' ve done measurements too and no change.
I ' d usually eat:
Breakfast:
2 pieces bacon, 1 or 2 fried eggs, mushrooms, mayonnaise. Sugar free squash ( with only Sucralose sweetener )
Lunch:
Depends what I ' m doing, maybe some cold chicken and a salad, or an omelette with cheese and broccoli, or tuna mayonnaise and salad. I use loads of chili powder with everything and probably too much mayo. Oo, and prawns. I eat many prawns.
Dinner:
If I ' m at uni I ' ll have like mince and green beans, or fried mushrooms and roast chicken, or seafood fried in butter with chili powder. Or if I ' m out and everyone gets a kebab I get just chicken and salad. But if I ' m at home I have whatever my mum ' s cooking minus rice / pasta / potatoes etc., which always means dangerous sauces...
Snacks... maybe a bit of cheese or ham. Or a Babybel. Occasionally for a treat a square of this sugar free dark chocolate you can get from Sainsburys '.
Does drinking a lot of water make a difference to the speed of weight loss, or is it just general good sense? I ' m never thirsty ( perhaps because I never eat any salt ) so I find it very hard - could this be the problem if cutting out sweeteners and caffeine doesn ' t help?

No comments: