Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

What do you do when you ' re tempted to cheat?
Author
Message
Caoimhe
Senior Member
Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 226
Stage: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Combine May 14, 2008 3: 40 pm    Post subject: What do you do when you ' re tempted to cheat?
Just wondering what people do when they have bad days. Do you have a name that you find inspirational, think yourself thinner? Just assembly information for future reference! [ / icon_rolleyes. gif]
wheresmycoat
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 322
Compound May 14, 2008 6: 37 pm    Post subject:
I put the following in a thread called " INSPIRATION: DON ' T GIVE UP " - - the freight are below this topic. I also say the following sentence if I am even remotely thinking of eating crap - - or not going to the gym, and it works like a charm. It is, " Today you have the power to get one day closer to your goals, or one day further away. Its your choice. " Sometimes, I promote it as I stare at a brownie mix, drooling, [ / icon_eek. gif] in the supermarket and just say... " one day closer or one day further away ". Anyhow, this works for me. Good luck to you! [ / icon_cool. gif]
- - - - - - -
This poem, called Invictus, has always helped me during tough times when I want to turn to food for quick and easy comfort. The last 2 products are particularly forceful. Its about taking responsibility for your life. You may not be able to control other people or what they say, your work situation, or whatever is bothering you..... BUT...... you 100 % control what you put in your mouth. No matter how bad your day, you at least have full control about what food you put in your body. You own that responsibilty. No one else. Think about it.... If you cheat, they win.
Stay strong and keep your eye on the ball.
Enjoy!
Invictus
by William Ernest Henley; 1849 - 1903
( taking responsibility for one's destiny )
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.
( Now, think about what you could accomplish if failure weren ' t an option! )
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Location: San Jose
Wed May 14, 2008 7: 37 pm    Post subject:
When I ' m having a bad day and am tempted to cheat, I take out my weight loss journals and review my progress.
I look at the chart of my weight loss and try to project what my weight will be in a month if I don ' t cheat. I look at the menus from the weeks that I lost the most weight. And I look at my record of exercise.
It ' s usually enough to convince me that it ' s not worth giving up all I ' ve worked so hard for, to have something that might make me feel good for a few minutes, and will almost certainly make me feel bad for quite a while afterwards.
Caoimhe
Senior Member
Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 226
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Wed May 14, 2008 9: 02 pm    Post subject:
That ' s a good tip, I keep track on Fitday so hopefully seeing my progress downwards will stave off temptation. And you look fantastic in your new avatar, well done! [ / icon_biggrin. gif]

No comments: