Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

crazy binge
Author
Message
treacletart
New Member
Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Posts: 27
Location: England
Connect Jul 09, 2008 6: 25 am    Post subject: crazy binge
I did a bad thing last night. I have been doing atkins religiously for the last 2. 5 weeks and have been losing weight. However, last night, after a sensible supper, I ate the following:
1 tube of wine gums
2x squares of dark chocolate
2x rollo cookies
2x minis swab cakes
What have I done?
I am mortified and am back on the plan but can ' t envisage what damage I must have done. I am obviously out of Ketosis now.
The shame. The strange things is, I have not been hungry on Atkins at all. For some reason I needed to put something sugary in my mouth - something DIFFERENT. I didn ' t leave me feeling satisfied anyway, just disappointed with myself
bluehex
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Dec 2003
Posts: 2663
Setting: Warsaw, Poland
Associate Jul 09, 2008 6: 31 am    Post subject:
Don ' t worriment about it. What ' s done is done. Just hop back on the wagon, you should be back in ketosis in a few days.
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Where: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Clamp Jul 09, 2008 10: 48 am    Post subject:
Just be extra viligent over the next several days... you may have set off a chemical chain reaction that will cause bad cravings. Resist them and do NOT give in or it only gets worse. This is how people " fall off the wagon ". Having an " incident " like yours and then not forcing themselves back into control... leading to days and weeks of carb feasting. Just keep in mind the absolute importance of not giving in again. You ' ll pop back into ketosis and this will be just a memory soon.
I wish I could take your feelings of shame away. Isn ' t it counter intuitive that a person would feel shame over a food choice? I mean, eating isn ' t WRONG... even eating sugar isn ' t WRONG. But I certainly understand the shame part. Heck, I wish I could get rid of it in myself, too. Just the other day I told dh that JUST ONCE IN MY ADULT LIFE I ' d like to eat an ice cream sundae ( we were watching a Sonic commercial ) and not feel anything but pleasure. I ' ve never done that. The bad feelings about eating it has always been 10X stronger than any pleasure I got from eating ice cream... which is my favorite thing in the world to eat. How sad is that?
So... I look forward to reading that you ' ve got things under control and your weight loss has continued!!! [ / icon_smile. gif]
Tril
treacletart
New Member
Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Posts: 27
Location: England
Wed Jul 09, 2008 12: 33 pm    Post subject:
Thanks ladies. I am most definitely getting straight back on track. I wish I could capture the feeling of regret and then recall it before i do something stupid like last night. If I remembered how disappointed I felt after falling off the wagon I am sure I wouldn ' t do it.
I just hope I haven ' t put any weight on! That really would be a killer. My jeans are really loose at the moment and it has made me so happy.
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Wed Jul 09, 2008 12: 39 pm    Post subject:
If you have gained, it will come off again. Nothing is ever permanent... not wt gain and not wt loss. [ / icon_wink. gif] It ' s a constant battle to balance the two.
If you did gain a pound or two, it ' s likely to be mostly water anyway... because it takes water to store glycogen in the liver and tissues. Once you use up that glycogen ( stored glucose made from the carbs ), the water will be excreted.
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Wisconsin
Wed Jul 09, 2008 1: 14 pm    Post subject:
A little extra exercise for the next two days will help too. It will burn out the nasties faster, plus give you a bit of a a feeling of control over your slipup.
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Wed Jul 09, 2008 1: 18 pm    Post subject:
Exercise is a good suggestion... it will use up the glucose / glycogen which will speed up your return to ketosis.

No comments: