Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

lets have a ROLL CALL!!!!!!
Author
Message
desertbitch
Senior Member
Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 367
Longitude: High Dry, CA.
Tue Deface 18, 2008 4: 18 am    Post subject: lets have a ROLL CALL!!!!!!
who is still here or new here, what are your goals and how is your progress?
I know we have lots of lurkers or people maybe have dropped out, maybe this could get you back into it or get you posting again? It is only March and we arent getting any younger, but we can still get thinner!
Who ' s here??
redboots
Admitted Member
Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 142
Post: Cardiff, Wales
Tue Spoil 18, 2008 10: 15 am    Post subject:
I ' m here
I ' ve lost a total of 8lbs and want to lose another 9lb by the 1st of may
dafeedil
Patent Member
Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Posts: 111
Spot: Indianapolis, IN
Tue Ruin 18, 2008 12: 36 pm    Post subject:
Just about 20 lbs gone since Feb 17th. I really hope to get down to at least 155 by June 1st so I can feel OK wearing summer clothes. So that would be about 25 pounds to go. Oh, I hope so, the more the better. I really hope I start losing weight in the breast area, I swear they weigh 4 pounds each. Most of the women I know would love to have large breasts, all ' s I can say to that is take a few pounds of mine, I hate them. Triple D ' s ain ' t my idea of fun [ / icon_mad. gif]
num1shorty
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 270
Situation: New Jersey
Tue Scar 18, 2008 2: 29 pm    Post subject:
I wasn ' t here, but now I ' m back starting tomorrow. I ' m at 154 Trying to get into the low 120s, 110 would be skillful ( I ' m only 5 ' 0 so 110 is still a healthy weight ) I ' m shooting for june to reach goal.
mneemnee
Hackneyed Member
Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 134
Spot: Cairo, Egypt
Tue Spoil 18, 2008 3: 35 pm    Post subject:
Hello, I ' ve lost about 35 lbs and need 25 more to go. I ' ll give my body its time. It has been patient with me for years.
Maie.
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Setting: San Jose
Tue Scar 18, 2008 4: 58 pm    Post subject:
I ' m here!
I ' ve lost 38 lbs since starting Atkins on Jan 1.
I ' ve lost 46 lbs since Thanksgiving.
I have 48 lbs to go to my just goal of 160. ( Hey, I ' m almost nearly there! )
I have 73 lbs to go to my dream weight of 135.
redboots
Well-known Member
Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 142
Latitude: Cardiff, Wales
Tue Pollute 18, 2008 8: 24 pm    Post subject:
dafeedil wrote:
Just about 20 lbs gone since Feb 17th. I really hope to get down to at least 155 by June 1st so I can feel OK wearing summer clothes. So that would be about 25 pounds to go. Oh, I hope so, the more the better. I really hope I start losing weight in the breast area, I swear they weigh 4 pounds each. Most of the women I know would love to have large breasts, all ' s I can say to that is take a few pounds of mine, I hate them. Triple D ' s ain ' t my idea of fun [ / icon_mad. gif]
lol I know what you mean mine were a 34H before I had them reduced and the took 4lb from each one, but thev ' ve grown back now
desertbitch
Senior Member
Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 367
Latitude: High Desert, CA.
Tue Contaminate 18, 2008 8: 40 pm    Post subject:
HA! I had a redux, too. Mine grew back, too. They are ginormous! Looking forward to them getting really really small!
cherihill
Accepted Member
Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 109
Where: WEST TEXAS PANHANDLE U. S. A
Tue Impair 18, 2008 11: 16 pm    Post subject: Staying Strong
I ' m definitely here for the long haul.. No quitting out here. I ' m into my 4th week of Induction have lost 15lbs.. so far so good: )
Start wt 180
current 165
clutterbunny
Known Member
Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 157
Locality: Bakersfield, CA
Conjugate Blemish 19, 2008 1: 19 am    Post subject:
I didn ' t just fall off the wagon, I did a flying leap. Repeated attempts to climb back on have been desperate. But I gotta try again! Haven ' t gained anything back ( yet ) though.
desertbitch
Senior Member
Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 367
Footing: High Barrenness, CA.
Thu Pollute 20, 2008 1: 39 am    Post subject:
HI everyone!!!!!
So glad to see ya ' ll here. ( CLUTTERBUNNY!!!!! ) I am SO rotten, with nibbles here and there, but not going to give up.
I only weigh in once a month, but so far 26 down, 9. 5 inches... 9 weeks in.
I made the flax muffins yesterday. Too sweet, not what I am craving in a bread product. I guess I will make the flax bread next. I also used stevia and think it may be gross.
[ / icon_biggrin. gif]
To be honest, although it has too many carbs, I am to stick to a smidge of sugar free choc pudding and heavy cream when I need a chox sweet fix. It satisfies me and I dont cheat cheat when I have it on hand.
Who knows, it may take me two years to get my head straight about food, but it is better then how I was before. Bingeing on bowls of pasta and tortillas.
I hope more of us log in! [ / icon_biggrin. gif] [ / icon_biggrin. gif] [ / icon_biggrin. gif] [ / icon_biggrin. gif] [ / icon_biggrin. gif] [ / icon_biggrin. gif] [ / icon_biggrin. gif] [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
Dawn125
Senior Member
Joined: 05 Damage 2004
Posts: 498
Station: Central California
Thu Contaminate 20, 2008 1: 55 am    Post subject:
I ' m still around. I used to be around constantly several years ago and justs shared a month or so ago. I ' m just about 3 - 4 lbs sizable goal and stuck stuck stuck!!!!! I ' m kind of frustrated and haven ' t been doing so great lately. I ' m not really eating anything innapropriate but just eating too much or something. I don ' t know. I just need to get motivated before I start gaining some back.
lamd98
Senior Member
Joined: 21 Deface 2007
Posts: 248
Where: Alberta, Canada
Thu Spoil 20, 2008 3: 03 am    Post subject:
I have been conceivable, didn ' t dare to show my frontage because I have not been doing so well maintaining.
But just reading the posts here, got me so pumped / motivated again.
And bluehex... don ' t you lose weight in the boobs at all when doing Atkins?
First thing I notice is the boobs are gone and I must have the skinniest wrists in the city... NOT what I was aiming for, lol.
Ok, ok.. I AM envious!
shibalulu
New Member
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 27
Stage: vancouver b. c.
Thu Spoil 20, 2008 3: 01 pm    Post subject:
I ' m still here... still plodding along! nothing has changed for weeks... I ' m stuck at 145 - 150. aaarrghh. I haven ' t been cheating at all, I know everything we eat is acceptable and should be working, because my boyfriend is totally rocking this WOE.... He ' s down to 211 from 240 since we started in January. So I ' m trying not to let it get me down, because I really do feel better and can exercise easier than ever... ah patience is a respectability that I in toto lack. I ' ve been trying not to monopolize about the scale and I did actually buy a new pair of work pants a size smaller.. I love the food I ' m eating and I ' m looking forward to making the Desertbitch cheesecake for my birthday! nice to see you all again!
sableshay
New Member
Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 27
Footing: missouri
Thu Contaminate 20, 2008 4: 17 pm    Post subject:
I was new a little over a month ago, i fell off the wagon [ / icon_twisted. gif] but im getting back on as of this morning [ / icon_smile. gif], i started the first time at 256 [ / icon_redface. gif] got down to 243 now im back up to 248 so now im starting back my induction at 248 and will make a mini goal of 220 and see where i get from there. ive read great things here on people progress so i say congrats to all of you [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
yeah i know all about the redux i had it done at 18 cause i was a rather large lol not sure exact size but ive gained some of them back thanks to all the wait gain from a baby as now im a triple ddd
zookerman182
New Member
Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Posts: 24
Thu Pollute 20, 2008 6: 23 pm    Post subject:
Started back in october at 292. Got down to 230 at christmas and then gained back 30 over the past 3 months. I just got back on ten days ago and have already gone from 264 to 250 so i ' m on my way. My goal is to be under 200 for my wedding. ( July 12 ) Goodluck everyone
kbe_canada
New Member
Joined: 20 Ruin 2008
Posts: 2
Thu Mar 20, 2008 9: 33 pm    Post subject:
Hi. I ' m a confessed lurker but had not registered until today. I tried the Atkins diet years ago - I honestly can ' t remember the outcropping. Last March I lost 25 pounds on another " diet " and gained it all back with a carb attack. over the holidays. I weight 203 at 5 ' 10 " and would like to lose 40 pounds. Looking forward to getting to know you all!!
tomswife84
New Member
Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 6
Bearings: Mid Hudson Valley, NY
Fri Deface 21, 2008 3: 25 am    Post subject: Still here too; plugging away
Hi.. I am still here...
Started 01 / 01 / 08 at 184. 5
Now 161. 5
Total lost 23 lbs
My preliminary goal is 140. 0 with a " dream " goal of 130. 0
That means I am a little over partly to test goal and 31. 5; jest away from my dream. I sure would love to have 140 by the time we take a journey on 05 / 22 / 08. Could happen, right?
I am 5 ' 4 "
Weight loss has slowed a bit. I am still on induction with the exceptional taste of wine ( 4 glasses since January 1st ) or macadamia nuts on occassion. Other than that, I am very strict.
Just got some ' intermediate ' clothes back from my sidekick in size 12 - 14 that I had given her when I ' outgrew ' them. Now they fit pretty well, chiefly. Looking forward to donating them to goodwill! ( maid lost 20 + lbs on weight watchers since the new year and never wants the ' fat clothes ' back again! ).
Glad to see everyone encouraging each other!
PattyC
Senior Member
Joined: 28 Oct 2003
Posts: 3213
Fri Deface 21, 2008 11: 51 am    Post subject:
I ' m back and restarting today. I spent a lot of time here a few years ago. I ' m trying to lose 15 - 20 pounds.
~Patty
desertbitch
Senior Member
Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 367
Post: High Wasteland, CA.
Fri Impair 21, 2008 7: 18 pm    Post subject:
I am SOO happy to see you all here.
julie61
New Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 26
Sat Scar 22, 2008 11: 28 am    Post subject:
I ' m still here and still stalled! But, I ' ve lost a lot of inches. 4 off my hips alone with only a 4lb loss in 3 months! I would like to lose 20 more pounds. The doctor has ordered a thyroid test and a menopause test on my bloodwork this time but he mentioned something that may help others who are stalled. He thinks that the reason that my body is so resistant to weight loss is stress. We bought a new business, have a peak of debt and are trying to sell our house so I have been in a tizzy! He said that when you are in stressed out state of mind your body panics and hangs on to weight. I didn ' t mean to hijack the thread but that ' s whats going on with me. We are still on the low carb haul and my hubby has lost 35lbs. I ' m going to stick with it and try to de - stress!
thelizshow
New Member
Joined: 22 Impair 2008
Posts: 4
Position: Wisconsin
Sat Deface 22, 2008 4: 25 pm    Post subject:
I just joined today. I started induction 6 days ago at 5 ' 4 and approximately 175 lbs. My short term goal is to be at 140 but my ultimate goal is to sustain around 120 since I do have a small frame under all this blubber... at least from what I can remember... [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
Rooley
Senior Member
Joined: 01 Sep 2003
Posts: 365
Situation: England UK
Tue Deface 25, 2008 4: 07 pm    Post subject:
I resurfaced today, just started about half an hour ago
I am 180lbs with a mini goal of 160lbs and then an ultimate goal on 145lbs
I am 5. 6 and aged 30
Good luck to you all!
maxomo
New Member
Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 19
Site: Fredericton, NB
Tue Ruin 25, 2008 6: 59 pm    Post subject:
I ' ve been hanging around the forums since I started lowcarb after new year 08 '. So far I ' ve lost 30 lbs and will be excited to reach 50lb milestone soon.
I started at 310 lbs and now weight 280. I weighed this much like 5 - 6 years ago. I ' ve finally reached a point where I don ' t have to shop at big and tall shops. I can buy " normal " clothes and it feels great! Went down three be passionate sizes ( 6 inches ) and went from depending on 3X and 4X sizes to 2X.
I figure at this rate by summertime I ' ll be able to fit in some XL with no crazy numbers.
dafeedil
Common Member
Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Posts: 111
Site: Indianapolis, IN
Tue Mar 25, 2008 7: 04 pm    Post subject:
Maxomo, wow, you ' ve lost 30 pounds, that is so great! Good for you and keep up the good work, you ' ve go a lot to be proud of! [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
SugarFreeSheila
New Member
Joined: 25 Pollute 2008
Posts: 4
Locus: Dallas
Tue Ruin 25, 2008 7: 41 pm    Post subject: New to the board
Hello! My name is Sheila. I just down pat a link to this board, so I thought I would check it out and say hello. I have been maintaining my goal on Atkins since 2001, born and raised in Dallas, and am married with one Long green Russell Terrier named Canny. Nice to meet everyone! [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
dafeedil
Down pat Member
Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Posts: 111
Spot: Indianapolis, IN
Tue Contaminate 25, 2008 9: 51 pm    Post subject:
Hi Sheila [ / icon_biggrin. gif] I was just on your site the other day, then another forum member posted a link to your site today! Great job on your weight loss, you look awesome! [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
JCFAST66
New Member
Joined: 15 Spoil 2008
Posts: 29
Locale: East Central Iowa
Tue Harm 25, 2008 11: 01 pm    Post subject:
Hello everybody, I ' m one of the new guys here. Started induction monday morning.
Height 6 ' 3
Weight 298
Waist 44
Stomach 53
Really intent and motivated by several of the posts here, just what I needed to stay motivated. Thanks everyone for the support JC
nanhan
New Member
Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Posts: 9
Station: Illinois
Fri Deface 28, 2008 11: 47 am    Post subject:
I ' ve been likely for some time now. Lost 60lbs a few years ago and kept it off for totally a while. I ' m an emotional eater and have struggled as long as I can remember.... gained most of the weight back.
I got back on board this Feb and lost about 10lbs. Fell off again this week!
I need motivation!!
5 ' 4 - 195 lbs
170 would be a good start [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
JCFAST66
New Member
Joined: 15 Mar 2008
Posts: 29
Location: East Central Iowa
Sat Mar 29, 2008 3: 26 am    Post subject:
Nanhan, I ' m a newbie also. I find alot of motivation by checking in very often. Also just go to the picture section and look at the before and after pictures and read their posts. This always keeps me going JC
gtzpower
New Member
Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 25
Sat Mar 29, 2008 9: 17 pm    Post subject:
Hello everyone. My name is Jade, and I am a 25 year old male. I started the diet on 3 / 21 / 08 and I weighed in at 284, 6 ' 1 " tall. I am currently 272. 5 ( down 11 + lbs in my first week! ).
I read up on the diet a bit, and had good intentions of following it to the T, but I dropped induction after only a few days cause I got bored with the food. I don ' t know that I am really following the book ( cause I haven ' t actually read the BOOK ), but I have made a few modifications to what I eat that are outside what I have read ( though none introduce a large sum of carbs ). For example, at least for induction, 4 oz of cheese is the recommended limit. I did more like 8. Things are going well so far for me, and my goal is to get to about 200. As long as your losing weight, thats all that really matters right?
And nanhan, the before and after pictures really help motivate me too! Especially the long threads tracking ones progress ( I am sure some day I will be happy knowing that a gain is likely to be followed by the Woosh Fairy. ) The counting sucks though, especially when you have foods that are unlabeled, or conflicting labels on the same product ( see my thread in this forum on " Is staying in Ketosis good enough " for more on that ).
bossldy
New Member
Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Posts: 1
Location: milwaukee, wi
Sun Mar 30, 2008 3: 36 pm    Post subject:
Hello. Im 41, 5ft tall and 148lbs. Starting diet Monday goal weight 130lbs. My partner is also starting tomorrow. She 5ft and 137lbs. Why is she dieting I don ' t know and I think she doesn ' t know either.
desertbitch
Senior Member
Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 367
Location: High Desert, CA.
Sun Mar 30, 2008 6: 26 pm    Post subject:
wow,
it is great to see so many here. Thank you for joining in on roll call.
I am having an awful time with all the easter candy. I have given a ton to my husband to take to work, but we keep getting more!!
My three month weigh in is next week. I am nervous.
sableshay
New Member
Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 27
Location: missouri
Mon Mar 31, 2008 3: 28 pm    Post subject:
easter candy sucks lol ive so far done good also with packing it in my husbands lunches ive picked up candy a couple times lol but i was strong enough to put it back down lol
No Carbi - Wan Kenobi
New Member
Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 26
Location: Jundland wastes of Tatooine
Mon Mar 31, 2008 10: 21 pm    Post subject:
sableshay wrote:
easter candy sucks lol ive so far done good also with packing it in my husbands lunches ive picked up candy a couple times lol but i was strong enough to put it back down lol
yeah tell me about it...
why can ' t easter baskets come packed with pork rinds and cheese instead of chocolate and fun dip.
then i found a clip on youtube titled " the easter bunny hates you " and it all makes sense.
anyway i ' ve been doing a 1 / 2 way decient job at this whole atkins gig since before halloween and it seems to be working it ' s magic.
this is all unofficial because i ' ve got no scale but i ' d imagine i ' ve lost a good 30 pounds so far. my formaly tight clothes are now almost too loose to wear ( without someone thinking i ' m a gangbanger ) and i feel great. been getting lots of compliments lately, lot more than i expected. people who hadn ' t seen me in a whiel are supprised at what i ' ve lost and more often than not comment on it.
which feels great.
it ' s strange how this weight loss is effecting me. i ' m sleeping better, waking earlier, moving around more.
my weight was getting out of hand so i ' m lucky i found this site.
i just turned 30 and i ' ve made a ton of changes... it ' s like i ' m a completely different person than i was a year ago... kinda spooky tbh... and all thanks to the weight loss.
i ' ve even let my hair grow long [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
first time in my life my hairs been past my nose in the front.
anyway my goals are rather lame considering i haven ' t been weighing myself... but my goal is just to keep going. i would look to at least double my weight loss by the time it starts getting hot again. nothing i hate worse than being hot. and all this weight doesn ' t exactly keep a person cool.
anyway thanks all for the support so far, i know i ' m just a meer lurker / occasional poster on these forums but i ' ve read a lot and it ' s helped me tremendously.
thanks again, and may the force be with you.
chocoluv
New Member
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 9
Location: texas
Tue Apr 01, 2008 12: 04 am    Post subject:
today is my first day and i am very determined to stay [ / icon_rolleyes. gif]
chocoluv
New Member
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 9
Location: texas
Tue Apr 01, 2008 12: 08 am    Post subject:
o sorry.... duh, ( my goals ).....
i am 5 ' 1 ' ' and weigh 140
i would like to lose about 25lbs and learn to KEEP IT OFF. i have always yo - yoed up and down my whole life but right now i am at the highest weight i ' ve ever been and it is quite depressing [ / icon_sad. gif].... i have no choice but to stick with this in order to get get my happiness back. i feel really unhealthy and really uncomfortable.... i ' m praying this works
Ok
Established Member
Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 47
Mon Apr 07, 2008 1: 55 am    Post subject:
I come and go, ever since starting a year or so this board has been my reference point.
In short my motivation came from what I can only interpret as a heart attack, or something very much like unto it. Half the problem is I seem to carry weight really well, sure it can be obvious that Im overweight but no one can ever guess just how heavy I am. Yes, a few were probably erring on the side of courtesy [ / icon_smile. gif]
When I first started about 60 pounds were lost in two or so months. But I did it all wrong and hurt my body badly. But the weight loss was rewarding too. Personal issues got the better of me and I just gave up on life along multiple fronts. Weight came back steadily over months of excess eating.
So Ive started again, much more informed this time, eating more reliably and healthy, avoiding excess processed foods. It would also seem ketosis is much easier to maintain this time around, probably for the aforesaid reason. So I can enjoy vegetables more liberally every now and then. Results are just as good as before, Atkins is a very insightful lifestyle change - we are conditioned to like sugar / carbohydrates in the quantities the modern diet typically consumes. It just isnt natural or good for many of us though, our bodies can be strong but sensitive.
molley
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 839
Location: VT
Tue Apr 08, 2008 12: 04 pm    Post subject: the ranks
I, too, am joining the ranks of those who strayed away but never became disillusioned with the magic that is Atkins.
It was all gonig really well until I started taking Italian cooking lessons! And then of course, the 1 - lesson a week cheat meal turned into, well I have to practice what I " m LEARNING. It just all devolved from there when I started buying the pasta and flour and carrots for the practice sessions.
But enough w / the lessons or at least practicing! I ' ve been pussyfooting w / Atkins for about 4 days now and today has started off well. I am sticking with it though! This forum really is amazing.
I have a 10 - lb goal by beginning of may.
mneemnee
Established Member
Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 134
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Tue Apr 08, 2008 4: 29 pm    Post subject:
Welcome back Molley, we missed you in here. How was your trip and your exams?
larel
Established Member
Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 30
Location: seattle washington
Wed Apr 09, 2008 3: 03 pm    Post subject:
im new here, this is my secon time around. having a little more trouble this time, but i can do it. i want to loose 20 pounds... TODAY... haha. i fell off the wagon about 6 months ago, i didnt really think i was eating that many carbs, but the weight came back FAST. im glad i found this board to find support from others. i feel i may have lost a little bit of weight, but not a lot. im sooo addicted to diet coke ( with splenda ). is that bad?
page104
Established Member
Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Posts: 48
Wed Apr 09, 2008 4: 08 pm    Post subject: Still here, and Doing Good!!
Hello -
I started Jan 14, 2008. My progress is below...
Start Weight: 292
Current Weight: 256
Goal Wedight: 185
Still Doing under 20grams of carbs a day.
I feel great!!!!!
themaxman
New Member
Joined: 03 Apr 2008
Posts: 3
Thu Apr 10, 2008 8: 07 am    Post subject:
hello everybody my name is max.
i started on feb 20
my starting weight was 274
my current weight is 253
i would have to say my ultimate goal would be 180. i look forward to meeting great people in my journey. thx
dafeedil
Established Member
Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Posts: 111
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Thu Apr 10, 2008 1: 01 pm    Post subject:
That ' s great, maxman, 21 lbs. in less than 2 months [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
molley
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 839
Location: VT
Thu Apr 10, 2008 1: 07 pm    Post subject:
larel!! I ' m glad you ' re back. Just tell yourself that carbs aren ' t an option. It ' s all a brain game and you can totally win it!
desertbitch
Senior Member
Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 367
Location: High Desert, CA.
Sat Apr 12, 2008 12: 22 am    Post subject:
So many people!! So glad to see everyone here!!
Motley
New Member
Joined: 13 Apr 2008
Posts: 1
Sun Apr 13, 2008 5: 22 pm    Post subject:
Hello
I am new. I heard about the Atkins diet years ago, but ignored it in favour of my own method, which was essentially a restrictive calorie diet. I worked OK, but a year or so later I was exercising less and put the weight back on. I saw the Atkins book in a second hand bookshop for 40p ( that is about 80 cents in the USA ) so picked it up. Very interesting first few chapters. Realised that I may have a problem, in that in the last few months I had been shaking and feeling dizzy at times if I had not eaten.
Anyway, started the diet last Tuesday, so now been almost 1 week. Already lost 1. 5kg ( 3lbs ). Currently blogging my progress too. I am now 92. 5kg, but want to get down to at least 85kg, which I managed a few years ago. Also looking to build more muscle.
Did some weight training today, also do martial arts on week nights after work. Aiming to lose my weight by mid - summer, in time for the good weather and my wedding anniversary.
molley
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 839
Location: VT
Mon Apr 14, 2008 9: 34 am    Post subject:
welcome, Motley
Gavin Montana
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Jun 2007
Posts: 622
Mon Apr 21, 2008 4: 55 pm    Post subject:
Hi all, i ' m still hanging around
skennedy
New Member
Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Posts: 1
Mon Apr 21, 2008 8: 21 pm    Post subject:
hi, i just joined today, but must admit i have been lurking since march 2.
i went from 223 to 205 [ / icon_biggrin. gif] hope to lose 60 more by october. going on vacation to the outer banks!!
twosisters
Senior Member
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Posts: 3399
Location: Northern New Jersey
Tue Apr 22, 2008 4: 26 pm    Post subject:
I still lurk here and there [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
Zen
Established Member
Joined: 17 Jan 2006
Posts: 76
Location: BC, Canada
Tue Apr 22, 2008 5: 03 pm    Post subject:
I ' m still here too... on induction since April 7th. 14lbs lost to date! Current weight 281lbs, goal weight 225lbs.
dynomutt
New Member
Joined: 22 Apr 2008
Posts: 12
Wed Apr 23, 2008 12: 22 am    Post subject:
Hi All,
Second time round on Atkins. First time lost 20Kg... but gained it back again due to being undisicplined.
Started this round on Apr 7th. Starting weight 101 Kg. Currently down to 95 kg ( as of Apr 23 ). Target weight is 70kg.
( For those of you who don ' t like using the awesome metric system
Start weight - 222lb
Current weight - 209lb
goal weight - 154lb
)
heyla44
Established Member
Joined: 28 Apr 2008
Posts: 84
Location: Yorkshire
Mon Apr 28, 2008 12: 50 am    Post subject:
Hey I ' m new here!
Would really, really appreciate any support you guys can give me. I ' ve read a few of the topics and the weight loss rate is so impressive!
I really want to lose at least a stone in the next 6 weeks. I ' m starting on 12 stone or 168 lbs. Ideally I need to get to about 11 stone, maybe a bit less... I really hope I can do it!!
simi
New Member
Joined: 30 Apr 2008
Posts: 14
Location: chicago
Fri May 02, 2008 4: 51 pm    Post subject:
HI everyone,
I am new to this site, just joined few days ago. Started my Atkins diet on 4 / 14 / 08. and have only lost 6lbs.
I started with a weight of 154. 5lbs.
I am 5 ' 6 " height
Goal weight= 127lbs.
ideal weight=121lbs.
weight after 19 days==== 148 lbs
I really need to lose some weight fast for a family party on May 31st...... if i can be at least below 140 mark, I would love it.... ill let you guys know how it is coming along....
wheresmycoat
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 322
Fri May 02, 2008 10: 00 pm    Post subject:
I ' m new to the site but a big fan of the low carb diet!
I am 6 ft tall and 31 years old. I am physically fit ( gym 5x per week ) and have a lot of muscle mass. This is the BEST diet. Full stop.
Starting weight: 356
Goal Weight: 180 - and I will get there. [ / icon_cool. gif]
Bliss Pirate
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2004
Posts: 3106
Location: St. Paul, MN
Sat May 03, 2008 9: 10 pm    Post subject:
still here - but travel alot
garage girl 30
New Member
Joined: 01 May 2008
Posts: 4
Location: West Sussex Engalnd
Sun May 04, 2008 12: 01 pm    Post subject:
Hello all i am new here my first posting was on thursday last week. That was the first time i have used this forum. I have been on the diet for 3 weeks now and have lost 7 pounds lots more to go.
It has really helped reading all your experiences and advice.
simi
New Member
Joined: 30 Apr 2008
Posts: 14
Location: chicago
Tue May 06, 2008 6: 08 pm    Post subject: still not a lot of progress... can someone help?
Hi everyone,
I am currently into 4th week of Atkins and still in the induction phase. i started out with 154. 5lbs and ht 5 ' 6 ".... i am down to 147lbs but to me that is not a lot of weight loss after almost 4 weeks. I was hoping for a little bit more but it doesnt seem to be coming off quite that easy.
My clothes are not fitting that much loser either. I am not cheating at all and have been drinking a lot of water. have switched to drinking decaf coffee as well. i dont know what i am doing wrong
I only eat boiled eggs in the morning for breakfast.
beef patty with mayonnaise and some raddishes and cucumber.
chicken breast or beef patty again for dinner with same cucumber or lettuce with mayonnaise.
i dont drink sodas either and following a strict diet.
started exercising as well.
but is there anything anyone can recommend as far as what i can change to expedite this a little bit.... i want to lose at least 15lbs in 3 weeks.
can someone help?
thank you so much.
i am really motivated and this site helps me stay on track.
i love that so many people here have made such a tremendous progress and i wish them all the luck in the world.
together4ever
New Member
Joined: 06 May 2008
Posts: 19
Location: Japan
Sun May 11, 2008 12: 18 am    Post subject:
hi, I ' m new to this site and this diet [ / icon_wink. gif]
Starting weight: 150 lbs
height: 5 '
current weight: 132 lbs
goal weight: 120 lbs
dream weight: 110 lbs
hope to reach my goals soon [ / icon_cool. gif]
Caoimhe
Senior Member
Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 226
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Wed May 14, 2008 3: 26 pm    Post subject:
Hi, back for a second time and I ' m determined I ' m going to do it! Wouldn ' t even have a hope of sticking this without this forum though. It ' s nice to feel normal and supported [ / icon_biggrin. gif]

No comments: