Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Dreams
Author
Message
treacletart
New Member
Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Posts: 27
Situation: England
Affix Jul 02, 2008 9: 54 am    Post subject: Dreams
Last night I dreamt that I was eating houmous and crackers.
When I woke up, the first thing I did was say ' God I have ruined my diet!
And then I realised that I hadn ' t. And I felt great.
Dream eating - it ' s the way to go! All of the fun, none of the weight gain! [ / icon_wink. gif]
Angi@bs
Published Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 45
Latitude: BraunSchweig, Germany
Weave Jul 02, 2008 10: 59 am    Post subject:
[ / icon_wink. gif]
I had those dreams myself.... although I felt in charge when I woke up thinking " d@mn I messed up my diet.... " The last time I had such dreams, was when I quit smoking... I would dream that I was smoking away. such guilt.
I think it has to do with addiction, withdrawl and a constant thought on the issue..
Hm... hummus and crackers... one day [ / icon_wink. gif] or night! lol
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Bearings: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Clasp Jul 02, 2008 1: 00 pm    Post subject:
I had those dreams in the beginning, too! I think it ' s fairly common.
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Locus: Wisconsin
Tack on Jul 02, 2008 6: 10 pm    Post subject:
I actually started having those dreams a ways in.... after I had gone a year or so into maintenance.
I remember waking up once after a particularly flamboyant peanut butter and jelly sandwich and I had to flight upstairs to make certain I hadn ' t actually had one in my sleep...... as a kid i used to sleep walk and I was CERTAIN I had just chowed down on a PBJ dripping with toppings.
Now I just take the dreams in stride...
wheresmycoat
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 326
Thu Jul 03, 2008 8: 29 am    Post subject:
I sometimes have dreams where I am bingeing like mad and then would wake up freaking out. I think its your mind ' s way of trying to alter or purge your old habits that no longer serve your greater good.
mignonmykel
New Member
Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Posts: 25
Thu Jul 03, 2008 10: 29 am    Post subject:
Night after day one, I had a dream that I ate two krispie kremes at work. Like you, I had to sit back and realize that it was a dream and that no, I didn ' t ruin my diet.
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Wisconsin
Thu Jul 03, 2008 5: 20 pm    Post subject:
Speaking of dreams, they always have sweets at my small office in Stoughton, and yesterday morning it was a raspberry kringle.
This stuff gets placed on the conference table that occupies the second half of my office, so I ' m stuck smelling kringles, coffee cakes, donuts, and other morning sweets all day.
Last night I dreamed about breaking into a bakery and consuming the entire store ' s kringle stockpile.
loser lady
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Posts: 233
Location: Deep South
Fri Jul 04, 2008 1: 00 am    Post subject:
Oh, Wow, I thought I was the only one! About a week into induction, I had a dream that I put a bread crust into my mouth and I felt so guilty, I kept trying to spit it out!
Marinewifeandmom
Established Member
Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Posts: 138
Location: Camp Lejeune, NC
Sun Jul 06, 2008 3: 35 am    Post subject:
ahh just had a dream last night that i cheated and that i felt so guilty - woke up this a. m. and was SO glad it was a dream lol
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Wisconsin
Tue Jul 08, 2008 1: 24 am    Post subject:
On a side note about the kringles and such that keep getting put in my office..... one of the guys thought it would be funny to put frosting on my string cheese today.
So when they went back to the desk, I put horseradish mustard all over their kringle and donuts.
Suck on it, sugar junkies!
treacletart
New Member
Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Posts: 27
Location: England
Tue Jul 08, 2008 6: 21 am    Post subject:
what are Kringles?
wheresmycoat
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 326
Tue Jul 08, 2008 7: 09 am    Post subject:
I googled and it looks like a Danish pastry or a strudel?

No comments: