Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

lost 11lbs but same size!
Author
Message
Sona1980
New Member
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 22
Sun Jul 20, 2008 1: 45 pm    Post subject: lost 11lbs but same size!
Hi people!
been a while since ive posted just been busy with my lil baby!
im a little confused! ive been doing atkins now since june and I have lost a total of 11lbs which is almost a stone but the only place that has slimmed down is my facade! and maybe a bit on my bum! my top half and waist are still the same my legs dont feel any incommensurable so im a little worried!
In the past when ever i lose weight it goes from my guise, shoulders and top half of my tummy first but apart from my exterior its all still there! I had a baby 4 months ago so i dont expect my jelly belly to go just yet but there should be some change right?
has this happen to anyone?
btw apart from the infrequent walk and water aerobics every other week or so i havent been doing much excersise lately.. oh and looking after the little one... so im not exactually den muscle or anything.
will the weight loss show later?
im cheerful to have lost a stone by my bday ( 7 august ) so 3 lbs to go but it wont seem like it unless u can see the weight loss! was planning to go home to mums and look nice in my new clothes! [ / icon_sad. gif] dont see it happening now...
Im not gona quit though the scales show good signs and ive got reproduce outs from boots scales to show ive lost weight! lol it makes me feel good.
anyone got any ideas please let me know!
xx
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Footing: Wisconsin
Sun Jul 20, 2008 2: 12 pm    Post subject:
You can ' t target weight loss, the beginning weight loss comes from the easiest fat to burn, and then on and on. Right now your body decided that wasn ' t where it wanted to burn.
You ' ve lost 11 lbs already, keep up the work and you ' ll see the weight come off from where you want it to, guaranteed.
Old Misery
New Member
Joined: 07 Jul 2008
Posts: 15
Seat: Raleigh, NC
Sun Jul 20, 2008 2: 20 pm    Post subject:
Don ' t be discouraged! I don ' t know why your measurements aren ' t changing but if you stick to the diet strictly you will lose inches.
loser lady
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Posts: 233
Spot: Deep South
Sun Jul 20, 2008 7: 18 pm    Post subject:
If you are like me, the scale v. clothes thing goes in cycles. First I lost lbs. Then, when the scale slowed down, I noticed the changing fit in clothes. Don ' t worry, just keep doing healthy things for your body and you will notice the loss. And yes, I lost more than 10 lbs before I noticed any real change in the fit of clothes.
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Sun Jul 20, 2008 7: 41 pm    Post subject:
How much do you need to lose total? For most people it takes 15 to 20# to see / feel it or drop a size. If you only have 15# to lose, you should see a huge difference by losing 11#... if you have 100# to lose, 11 won ' t make much difference at all.
Sona1980
New Member
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 22
Mon Jul 21, 2008 12: 23 pm    Post subject:
Well i started on 202 lbs after having my baby, im currently on 190 and would like to lose about 50lbs more for now.
ive decided not to worry too much about the clothes for now, after reading the replies i feel better and will concentrate on losing the lbs first and let the inches deal with themselves in thier own good time. My lbs are coming off and BMI is coming down so i shouldnt really complain!
as for my b - day ill just have to wear somic that fits at that time... although as a prezi im gona ask my hubby to buy me some clothes in a smaller size to provide me with some more insentive!
if shoes and bags came in dress sizes, man i wouldnt even be on this forum!
thanks for ur info guys!
xx
stephani501
Established Member
Joined: 12 Jun 2008
Posts: 133
Location: Seattle, Washington
Mon Jul 21, 2008 7: 52 pm    Post subject:
I was frustrated about that too, I want my stomach to be gone! But then my trainer told me the same thing Kyp told you, the body just burns fat that ' s easiest, it does not recognize just burning " stomach fat " only.
At first I was kinda discouraged, but I started noticing the other places on my body that were getting smaller, and all of a sudden it was not so bad....
hang in there!
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Mon Jul 21, 2008 8: 26 pm    Post subject:
Where the fat is reduced is based on many factors... one of which that gets us the most is HORMONES. Belly, hip and butt fat is estrogen rich fat. Women will lose that last in order to preserve the species ability to reproduce. Lucky us.
ETA... I was wrong about the belly fat.. it ' s hips, butt and thighs where we put it on for reproduction purposes. Oops! My bad! Good news, though... you should lose the belly fat sooner! [ / icon_smile. gif]
Tril
Last edited by Tril on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9: 32 pm; edited 1 time in total
stephani501
Established Member
Joined: 12 Jun 2008
Posts: 133
Location: Seattle, Washington
Mon Jul 21, 2008 9: 22 pm    Post subject:
Yeah. Luck, lucky us! Lol
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Mon Jul 21, 2008 9: 31 pm    Post subject:
It ' s also the reason old ( er ) women have no butts, hips or thighs... and their fat accumulation moves to just the belly ( like men ). When estrogen production falls, the hormone isn ' t there to maintain the fat stores the same way... hello menopause and the " meno - potbelly ".

No comments: