Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

4 days in
Author
Message
sunnyfi50
New Member
Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Posts: 2
Stage: SURREY
Thu Jul 03, 2008 7: 14 am    Post subject: 4 days in
Hi guys I am currently on my 4th day of Atkins and I have been eating all the right foods and have used ketostix to see if I was in ketosis and I am light purple - dark everyday, However when I weigh myself I have only lost a pound is this a case for the whoosh fairy. I was just wondering how when it started registering on the scales for you guys
treacletart
New Member
Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Posts: 27
Direction: England
Thu Jul 03, 2008 5: 05 pm    Post subject:
I am beginning to think that the less you have to lose - the longer it takes for the weight to start coming off. I have about 10 more pounds to go and it is slow going. Every few days ( 3 or 4 ) I see a pound vanish - it is certainly not as quick as some people ' s weigh loss.
I know you hear miracle stories about people losing 10 pounds in a week - but I am slightly sceptical. That can ' t be ALL fat.
I don ' t know how much you have to lose, but if a couple of pounds are coming off every week - then you are fine.
The one amazing thing about this way of eating is that your appetite diminishes. That is not to say that you don ' t still want pizza and pasta sometimes!
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Wisconsin
Thu Jul 03, 2008 5: 18 pm    Post subject:
It depends on a great many things.
Number one, your assumption is correct about weight being a factor.
The heavier you are, the more calories you burn even by not moving. As you get lighter, your body is using less calories, and thusly your weight loss slows down.
Some of the initial weight loss that people see is a result of water loss coupled with fat loss, or the loss of the initial fat. When your body first starts on atkins it burns more fat than it does as it gets comfortable in ketosis.
It ' s also not just about ketosis, but how much you are eating. You can eat a respectable amount of food in maintenance, but 3, 000 calories or so on induction will probably not give you a large weekly weight loss.
What are you eating and in what amounts?

No comments: