Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Some help please! returning to atkins!
Author
Message
atkinsuccess
New Member
Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 3
Thu Apr 24, 2008 1: 12 am    Post subject: Some help please! returning to atkins!
hello everyone. here is my story
last year, i started atkins at age 17, 6 foot 1 inch, 282 pounds. through intensely strict atkins and a lot of cardio, i reached my goal of 230 pounds. this was last year.
now i am 18, and 221 pounds, with a goal of 195. my first atkins last year worked like a dream for me to lose that big weight i had. but now, getting back into ketosis seems harder than ever. i am strict, i eat bran crackers with ham and cheese for breakfast ( crackers have 3 grams carbs each, i have two ). for lunch, generally a piece of fruit or a special protein bar with 10 grams carbs, because i do acute weight lifting in the afternoon. then, for dinner, always meat with veggies. often after dinner fruit such as blueberries and strawberries. last time, for my first atkins diet, this was pretyt much selfsame - and it worked then.
but with my strict diet this time around, i cannot enter ketosis. i check about once a day with the urinalysis strips. what am i doing wrong? is atkins not the right diet for me this time? im really trying to lose fat and gain muscle, get cut. thanks so much for any help!!
bluehex
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Dec 2003
Posts: 2663
Spot: Warsaw, Poland
Thu Apr 24, 2008 8: 20 am    Post subject:
Well, one reason is, you are not being strict at all... In gospel, you are not following Atkins.
Re - read the book, energize yourself on rules of Induction. Mask the fruit, the bars and the crackers, supplant the rules, drink at least 2 litres of water a day and then give it a week or two. You should see results.
atkinsuccess
New Member
Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 3
Fri Apr 25, 2008 3: 01 am    Post subject:
ahhh i have forgotten how strict the induction phase is. thank you.
two more questions: is there a limit to cheese during induction?
and also, black beans are a no - no, right?
bluehex
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Dec 2003
Posts: 2663
Bearings: Warsaw, Poland
Fri Apr 25, 2008 5: 27 am    Post subject:
Please just read the book. It is really important that you understand what you are supposed to do and why.
Cheese is limited to 3 - 4 ounces a day. Black beans - any beans - are definitely out.
Basic rule is, that if something ' s not on Induction Acceptable list, you cannot eat it on Induction. You will find the Acceptable Foods list as a sticky in the Induction forum.
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Whereabouts: San Jose
Compound Apr 30, 2008 10: 57 pm    Post subject:
I pass on with BlueHex. Stay with the Induction diet for at least two weeks. You ' ve done so well, it ' s worth little more work to get to the end!
atkinsuccess
New Member
Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 3
Join May 07, 2008 11: 23 pm    Post subject:
thanks so much for the help and support. i will stick with induction for a week or two, but after that, blueberries and strawberries ( my favorite fruits ) are okay right? also, the 3 g carb per cracker bran crackers will be alright to eat, after induction right? I need the bran!
thanks again everybody
Danka_la
New Member
Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 20
Situation: Trebinje - Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tue May 13, 2008 1: 08 pm    Post subject:
hello everyone, Im Danka from BOsnia and Herzegovina! I was on this diet, wich helped me a lot. I have lost 10kg in about 15 days. Now im again back on it but I have some little " problems ". Im not loosing the fat as fast as I did in past, then I often " cheat ", whic i9s my big problem: )!!! Could u help me? Have u got some advices...
P. S. I have 62kg ( how to converte kg into your pounds? ). I am 14yrs old.. big kiss from Dankka
porkypine
New Member
Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 16
Tue May 13, 2008 1: 34 pm    Post subject:
Hi Danka,
10 kg is a lot to lose in 15 days! I don ' t think you should aim to lose a lot of weight in a very short space of time since you ' re still growing.
My best advice would be to stop cheating and try to avoid all temptations. Also, I urge you to see Atkins as a change in lifestlye and not just as a crash diet. If you begin the long road of yo - yo dieting now, the chances are you ' ll be doing it for a long time. Just take it slowly, get lots of exercise and don ' t go back to eating the wrong kind of foods once you ' ve lost weight.
1kg is 2. 2 lbs. So if you weigh 62 kg your weight in pounds is 136, 4. How much are you hoping to lose?
Danka_la
New Member
Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: Trebinje - Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tue May 13, 2008 1: 49 pm    Post subject:
porkypine wrote:
Hi Danka,
10 kg is a lot to lose in 15 days! I don ' t think you should aim to lose a lot of weight in a very short space of time since you ' re still growing.
My best advice would be to stop cheating and try to avoid all temptations. Also, I urge you to see Atkins as a change in lifestlye and not just as a crash diet. If you begin the long road of yo - yo dieting now, the chances are you ' ll be doing it for a long time. Just take it slowly, get lots of exercise and don ' t go back to eating the wrong kind of foods once you ' ve lost weight.
1kg is 2. 2 lbs. So if you weigh 62 kg your weight in pounds is 136, 4. How much are you hoping to lose?
Thanks on advice!! U have a pointI was too concetrated on friends " s tellings about atkins.. I definetly should slow down! I want to lose 15, 4Ibs ( 7 kg ). What kind of diet should I take ( I hate ones where u can lose 0, 02Ibs for 100 years - you know what I mean; ) ) )
thanks again!
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Location: San Jose
Wed May 14, 2008 5: 14 am    Post subject:
Hi Danka,
Atkins is great, but it ' s very important to keep to the diet for the entire first two weeks. That ' s when you are moving your body from burning carbohydrates to burning fat. If you cheat, your body will keep looking for carbs to burn instead of switching over to fat.
Also, make sure you eat lots of different kinds of vegetables from the Acceptable Foods List, and plan on going through the four phases of Atkins. That will give you the skills and habits you will need to keep the weight off.
Welcome! We ' re glad to have you with us.
Danka_la
New Member
Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: Trebinje - Bosnia and Herzegovina
Wed May 14, 2008 6: 01 pm    Post subject:
TNX!!! Well this is my 1week, and also have strong will! I have some doubts obout this food:
- may I eat chewing gums?
- peanuts?
Thanks for your post. You will see my day menu ( so I wont cheat: ) )!
Today I ate: breakfast - cabagge
lunch: chicken
dinner: 2 eggs
porkypine
New Member
Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 16
Thu May 15, 2008 9: 11 am    Post subject:
Danka - You can eat chewing gum but I think you should count them as 1 carb each so try not to have too many.
Your menu seems fine although I ' m not sure if you ' re eating enough. You can combine meat and veggies to have a larger variety of meals. I ' m not sure about the peanuts but I think you can only have them after the 2 weeks of induction.
I think atkins is a good diet choice, if you stick to it you ' ll lose 7kg quite quickly, although the most important thing is to reintegrate carbs slowly so that you don ' t end up putting the weight back on straight after.
xoxo
Danka_la
New Member
Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: Trebinje - Bosnia and Herzegovina
Thu May 15, 2008 12: 13 pm    Post subject:
I had big doubts about chewing gums... you helped me! [ / icon_biggrin. gif]! Sometimes I eat much more food, so dont worry: )!
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Location: San Jose
Thu May 15, 2008 7: 59 pm    Post subject:
During Induction, avoid chewing gum. If it is sweetened with sucralose, you can have it, but check the carb count.
No peanuts during Induction, but you can add small portions once you ' re through Induction and you get to that point of the carbohydrate ladder. Almonds or macadamia nuts are better choices, though, after Induction.
More importantly, you don ' t seem to be eating enough. Have you read the book ( Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution or Atkins Essentials )? It ' s dangerous to do a low - calorie, low - fat, low - carb diet. Your heart muscle could be consumed by your body in an attempt to fuel itself. Seriously, don ' t do that!
Danka_la
New Member
Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 20
Location: Trebinje - Bosnia and Herzegovina
Thu May 15, 2008 9: 42 pm    Post subject:
karenjs wrote:
During Induction, avoid chewing gum. If it is sweetened with sucralose, you can have it, but check the carb count.
No peanuts during Induction, but you can add small portions once you ' re through Induction and you get to that point of the carbohydrate ladder. Almonds or macadamia nuts are better choices, though, after Induction.
More importantly, you don ' t seem to be eating enough. Have you read the book ( Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution or Atkins Essentials )? It ' s dangerous to do a low - calorie, low - fat, low - carb diet. Your heart muscle could be consumed by your body in an attempt to fuel itself. Seriously, don ' t do that!
I have read the book ( I passed trough it quickly ); I was just wondering about peanuts: ) no, no, no; D
I repeat myself no this, no that: ) Thanks, you are very helpfull, all of you... we are great gang; )
I eat as much as i have to.... its not small portion - belive me; D

No comments: