Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Over a little!!!! OH NO: (
Author
Message
arsieiuni
Well-known Member
Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 125
Latitude: Alabama
Sat Jul 26, 2008 4: 16 am    Post subject: Over a little!!!! OH NO: (
Hey guys!
I had an incident! I ' ve eaten 21. 5 carbs today!!!! It was an business! I lost track slightly because I forgot how much was in the Kofta Kabobs I tried today! [ / icon_sad. gif]
It ' s only a little over. Do you think I will be okay? I had good meals today so I think I ' ve done very well over all but oooops!
Well I read that it takes 35 carbs roughly to break ketosis so I should be okay, right???
Shei, distressed!
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Longitude: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Sat Jul 26, 2008 11: 18 am    Post subject:
Shei... relax, it ' s no big deal. A big deal is when you go WAY, and I mean WAAAAAY, over. You didn ' t. Atkins said " no more than 20 per day " in his book but then later, in another chapter, he said a little over and little under... just keep it around 20.
And as for whatever you read about breaking ketosis at 35g a day? I seriously doubt that. Unless that person is VERY metabolically resistant. That ' s a person who eats less than 20 ( very low carb ) and doesn ' t lose anything. That ' s not you. I have a book called " Atkins Eating For Life ". It has 4 menus in it... pages and pages of menus for 45g, 60g, 80g and 100g. So you can eventually eat more than 35 grams, ok? Atkins talks about leaving ketosis in Pre - Maintenance. That ' s when you ' re 5 - 10# from a equitable goal weight. Pre - M takes at least 3 months ( to lose those last pounds ). It ' s at that time that you ' ll be reaching the point where you ' re bouncing between lypolysis and glycolysis. Sometimes you ' ll be burning fatty acids ( ketosis ) and sometimes you ' ll be burning glucose. Depending on your metabolism and amount of exercise you can be eating a lot more carbs.
Look at page 173... there ' s a list of ranges for people in OWL. From <15 to as much as 90 a day. In Maintenance it ' s 25 to 90 + a day ( page 209 ). It all depends on your metabolic resistance and how much you exercise. Gender will come into play, too, I ' m sure... and age... but certainly we can look forward to having more carbs and still maintaining our goal weight.
All this to say... you ' re ok. Don ' t sweat it. [ / icon_smile. gif]
Tril
arsieiuni
Avowed Member
Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 125
Setting: Alabama
Sat Jul 26, 2008 4: 22 pm    Post subject:
Thanks Tril!!!
You made me feel much better!
But I ' m also maintaining this morning, and still in ketosis so I feel great. [ / icon_smile. gif]
You do totally mother us here, but it ' s the good kind of mothering. The kind we need. [ / icon_smile. gif] lol!
Thanks so much! I want to read these books but property is stupidly tight right now. I borrowed one from the library but I don ' t think I can read it in the time they allow me to keep it. I surprise if I can phone in and check it back out? If not, I ' ll walk back and forth because it ' s just on the other side of town so I can walk it no sweat. ( We do that a lot anyway. )
Shei
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Sat Jul 26, 2008 8: 05 pm    Post subject:
Shei... I ' m glad you feel better. [ / icon_smile. gif] At my library I can renew books online so long as no one else as reserved it. You might look into that. We ' re a little hick town... not a big city. The library is in a house. Check it out! I got my book, though, at Goodwill. It was 99 cents! I also got that menu book I told you about for 99 cents. I go there every month or so and look at the books... you can get * * * * on cookbooks and diet books.
Tril
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Sat Jul 26, 2008 8: 15 pm    Post subject:
Oh... I meant to add... glad you think I mother in a " good " way ( my sons wouldn ' t always agree... ). [ / icon_wink. gif] My maternal streak runs VERY deep and strong in me. I mother everyone. LOL Even my sons ' friends call me " Mom "... one calls me " Mom2 ". I stood in for his mother at his wedding... so sweet and such an honor. Oh, and our divorced friend has a daughter who calls ME and not her mom when she needs advice. You know, it ' s all I ever wanted to be? A wife and mom. Must be why I ' m so content in life...
Tril
arsieiuni
Established Member
Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 125
Location: Alabama
Sat Jul 26, 2008 11: 23 pm    Post subject:
Tril
I will check the THRIFT STORE!!! OMG why didn ' t I think of that? [ / icon_smile. gif]
Oooooh and GUESS WHAT??? I didn ' t go over! I checked something and I had forgotten to count the fiber in my salad yesterday so I was UNDER woooo!!!
I get too worried about simple things like that sometimes I guess. ^ - ^ But I ' m dead serious about this diet and I don ' t wanna mess up one tiny bit!
And yeah it ' s a good thing. I ' d rather have someone looking out for me than not! My mom never really did anything but take advantage of me and she died a couple years ago, not on good terms... So I ' ve never had any " good " mothering really lol. It ' s refreshing. And maybe your sons wouldn ' t say so, but they don ' t know how lucky they are to have a good mother. [ / icon_smile. gif]
Gonna go try to figure out a creative dinner! [ / icon_smile. gif]
Shei
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Sat Jul 26, 2008 11: 37 pm    Post subject:
{{{Shei}}} I hate to hear that stuff... bothers me so much to think of kids not feeling loved and protected by their mom. It ' s just not right. So you ' ll have to put up with me mothering you from afar! [ / icon_wink. gif] Did you eat all your veggies today young lady?? LOL
Tril
arsieiuni
Established Member
Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 125
Location: Alabama
Sun Jul 27, 2008 5: 05 am    Post subject:
No.... well maybe? lol
I have eaten some of my chicken casserole ( I posted the recipe!!! ) and it had lots of veggies. I also had a salad... and... um... well I ' ll have some cucumber as a snack in a minute! ^ - ^ I haven ' t eaten so much today.
I have a hard time eating as much as I should on this diet o_o... I just... I ' m not hungry!
But thank you for being here Tril. You ' re awesome!
Shei ^_^
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Sun Jul 27, 2008 11: 56 am    Post subject:
[ / icon_smile. gif] {{{Shei}}}

No comments: