Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Gum?
Author
Message
Old Misery
New Member
Joined: 07 Jul 2008
Posts: 15
Seat: Raleigh, NC
Mon Jul 07, 2008 12: 10 pm    Post subject: Gum?
I get terrible late night food cravings ( even after a big dinner ). I thought maybe suger - free gum would means off the obsessive chewing nedd. Can I have gum? Any other suggestions from late night snackers? Thanks! [ / icon_redface. gif]
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Post: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Mon Jul 07, 2008 12: 19 pm    Post subject:
You can have sf gum. HOWEVER, some people don ' t handle it well. Sugar alcohols ( esp maltitol ) can cause severe intestinal distress. Some people also find that sf items ( candy, etc ) stalls weight loss. Personally, chewing gum makes me ravenous. I think the chewing action ( that you ' re looking for ) stimulates my hunger by stimulating insulin production. Try it, though, and see how YOUR body responds.
Those late night cravings should go away soon anyway. Just hang in there... relief is in sight. Low carbing is a natural appetite suppressant once you ' re into ketosis and burning fat for energy.
In the meantime, try having a warm drink at night ( I like tea ) or a piece of full fat cheese. A couple boiled eggs also kill my hunger fast. You just can ' t overeat those things. lol
One more word of advice... if you ' re hungry, eat. Just stick with the list of induction foods and watch your total carb intake carefully.
Tril
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Wisconsin
Mon Jul 07, 2008 1: 38 pm    Post subject:
Chew your shirt lol.
I have an entire box of shirts that I literally ate the collar off of back in the day. It ' s a bummer, I actually liked some of those shirts.
mmmmmmm shirty fiber goodness.
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Mon Jul 07, 2008 2: 27 pm    Post subject:
WHAT have you been drinking this morning, Kyp?!?
Tril
ps... I want some...
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Wisconsin
Mon Jul 07, 2008 3: 00 pm    Post subject:
Oh its monday and I ' m an american, so its morning at work for me and I ' m NOT in the mood for work yet, so I ' m slacking off and posting like mad.

No comments: