Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Suppliments and Carbs?
Author
Message
arsieiuni
Confessed Member
Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 125
Spot: Alabama
Sun Jul 20, 2008 7: 45 pm    Post subject: Suppliments and Carbs?
Hi guys...
I was trying to find a good multivitamin to fit the description of what the Atkins website recommends.... I found One - a - Day Mature ( for 50 + ) because it was the only one that didn ' t give iron ( like it says on Atkins site ).
Here ' s my issue... Do these multivitamins have carbs in them?? The ingredients list Corn starch etc and some that I saw had maltodexitrin and other sugar byproducts...
So are there carbs in our supplements? IF so, how do we tell how many?
Thanks,
Shei
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Bearings: Wisconsin
Sun Jul 20, 2008 7: 51 pm    Post subject:
Well you know im paranoid, so I called.
Each pill is. 1 carbs.
If you want one that does not have the Iron, take the One A Day mens, it does not have iron because excess Iron is linked to male colon cancer, thats the vitamin I take.
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Post: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Sun Jul 20, 2008 8: 03 pm    Post subject:
Take the women ' s mature though... since you ' re a woman. [ / icon_wink. gif] The formula is different and geared for a woman ' s needs. This is the one I take... so one counselling from me... take it right after your largest meal of the day. Do NOT take it on an empty stomach. I did that once and spent the next 4 hours trying to keep it down. GAG! But if I take it with food I ' m fine.
Tril
arsieiuni
Obvious Member
Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 125
Whereabouts: Alabama
Sun Jul 20, 2008 8: 06 pm    Post subject:
Thanks soooo much!!!!
Kyp, you ARE a consumer serviceman! o_O I can ' t believe you learned that so quickly! I eulogize your strength to take mystery into your hands and mold it into discovery!
Thanks for the advice Tril! It is the women ' s formula and I think it ' ll be fine, just wanted to make sure I wasn ' t getting hidden carbs! [ / icon_smile. gif]
I guess. 1 isn ' t much to worry about. I don ' t eat my full 20 most days so far, so I should be alright!
Shei
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Sun Jul 20, 2008 8: 43 pm    Post subject:
Shei... as long as you ' re around 20 net carbs a day, you ' ll do fine. Do NOT worry about. 1 grams in anything. lol If you ' re going to do that, then you better start counting the tiny bit in shrimp, tea and coffee. [ / icon_wink. gif]
arsieiuni
Established Member
Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 125
Location: Alabama
Sun Jul 20, 2008 9: 42 pm    Post subject:
Thanks Tril!!!
It ' s so kind of you to answer my questions. I ' m just trying to get myself on the system exactly so I don ' t mess it up in the future! I ' m learning a lot lol [ / icon_smile. gif] But this is making my journey easy, manageable and more certain that I will make my goal! ( I ' m determined! )
Thank you thank you thank you! [ / icon_smile. gif]
Shei
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Wisconsin
Mon Jul 21, 2008 1: 44 am    Post subject:
SHes on the right track though,,, i already knew about the vitamins, i called myself a while ago.
ANother thing i found is the advil caplets are better than the gel tabs, the gels use a compound that adds up to about. 5 carbs per pill, where as the caplets don ' t have any carbs.
arsieiuni
Established Member
Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 125
Location: Alabama
Mon Jul 21, 2008 4: 57 am    Post subject:
Hidden carbs are everywhere. They are out there in the darkness waiting for me to make the wrong move so they can get me!
lol I ' m a little paranoid of my carbs right now, but at least I ' m not slack right?
I stayed on track today despite my huge 17 carb curry meal! I have not ruined my ketosis! I am happy to be this paranoid because I ' ll learn what to stay away from with fewer mistakes lol
Shei [ / icon_smile. gif]
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Mon Jul 21, 2008 11: 34 am    Post subject:
The awareness is very valuable. Many people just blindly ASSUME there are no carbs in things like OTC products. [ / icon_wink. gif] Later on, in OWL, it won ' t make such a difference. Right now, in the beginning, it might.
You ' re doing good... keep it up!
Tril

No comments: