Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Not hungry in the morning
Author
Message
CHUBBZ
New Member
Joined: 24 Jun 2007
Posts: 3
Fri May 09, 2008 5: 03 pm    Post subject: Not hungry in the morning
Hi all last year I started and lost 40lb then I lost the will power to continue since the time that I got off the diet I gained back 9lb. I ' ve been back on for a month now lost 11lb as of this morning. I know that breakfast is the most important meal but when I get up ( 6: 30am ) im not hungry till about lunch time ( 11: 30am ) once I have a bite to eat im full till I get home around 7: 00pm. I drink around 3liters of water a day. I know that after a few week your appetite decrease. Is this ok or should I have some thing in the morning.
maxomo
New Member
Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 19
Position: Fredericton, NB
Fri May 09, 2008 5: 15 pm    Post subject:
I often wake up still full from supper the previous night. I still have a small breakfast to keep up my metabolism. It could be as little as just an egg or piece of cheese. I often wake up and just have a small handfull of nuts to start me off for the day. Skipping breakfast altogether is a BAD idea. You should at least have a small snack.
wheresmycoat
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 322
Fri May 09, 2008 8: 24 pm    Post subject:
Skipping breakfast works AGAINST you as you lose weight and get healthy! Your metabolism is firing up when you wake up... so its best to fuel the fire. If you don ' t, you miss a great opportunity to burn free food calories. But, that aside, on Atkins and in ketosis, it is important to eat something every few hours. Grab an egg and eat in 2 secs.... just get something in the oven to burn. Your body needs to " feel " that its getting fed regularly or else it will go into starvation mode and hold on to every last fat cell with the jaws of life... or worse, build them bigger - - making it difficult to lose any fat - - just because it thinks that its keeping you alive!!
burn, baby, burn! [ / icon_cool. gif]
Last edited by wheresmycoat on Sat May 10, 2008 5: 15 am; edited 1 time in total
CHUBBZ
New Member
Joined: 24 Jun 2007
Posts: 3
Sat May 10, 2008 1: 20 am    Post subject:
Thanks
for both coments I will start eating a boiled egg or something before I leave for work in the morning.

No comments: