Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

movie popcorn!
Author
Message
Old Misery
New Member
Joined: 07 Jul 2008
Posts: 15
Longitude: Raleigh, NC
Sun Jul 20, 2008 8: 44 pm    Post subject: movie popcorn!
I am in my third week of induction and my diet has been going great so far. Tonight I ' m going to see Batman and I LOVE movie theater popcorn. I know it ' s a no - no but how bad is it? If it ' s a definate no I can handle it ( the weight loss is surpassingly more important ) but if I can squeeze in a bag I would love it! Please give me some advice.
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Locus: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Sun Jul 20, 2008 9: 33 pm    Post subject:
I can ' t begin to tell you what to do... you have to make that choice. I can tell you that I wouldn ' t consider eating popcorn myself. I ' d bring a baggie of macadamia nuts and maybe some cheese cubes and pepperoni slices.
Popcorn is a grain... so it ' s the last thing ( literally, on the OWL ladder ) you should be eating. At the spam, it ' s a grain ( multiple servings of it, btw ) with a very impressive helping of trans fats. Let ' s see... a weight gain, cravings back, ketosis gone, cholesterol risk filled indulgence... nope, I wouldn ' t do it.
But you go ahead if you want.
[ / icon_wink. gif]
Old Misery
New Member
Joined: 07 Jul 2008
Posts: 15
Location: Raleigh, NC
Sun Jul 20, 2008 9: 44 pm    Post subject:
haha! Tril, you remind me of my mom, " I ' m not going to tell you what to do but you ' d be crazy to do THAT " I ' m sold, no popcorn. I ' m sitting in the theater right now waiting for the movie to start and I have just water. My diet matters more to me than popcorn. Thanks for help!!
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Sun Jul 20, 2008 9: 50 pm    Post subject:
YW! And, fwiw, it ' s not the first time someone has told me I sound like a / their mom. [ / icon_wink. gif] My maternal streak runs very deep.
Tril

No comments: