Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Thank you karenjs and wheresmycoat...
Author
Message
simi
New Member
Joined: 30 Apr 2008
Posts: 14
Setting: chicago
Fri May 09, 2008 12: 58 pm    Post subject: Thank you karenjs and wheresmycoat...
Hi everyone,
I especially wanted to thank karenjs and wheresmycoat on giving me some good advice.
I will not be in a quicken to lose weight anymore and do it slowly but make it a lasting goal. As it turns out, I will be taking hormones for a while so no matter how fast i lose the weight, it will keep on coming back until i keep my diet regimen going.
so instead of getting frustrated... i will keep on going. Although the only hard thing for me right now is cutting back on decaf coffee. I did doorknob from caffeinated to decaf coffee. But my question is that i do use heavy cream in my coffee and splenda... you think it might slow down ketosis for me or not.... thank you very much ladies for great advice...
will be back with updates next week....
have a happy Atkins..........
wheresmycoat
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 322
Fri May 09, 2008 2: 13 pm    Post subject:
you are most welcome - - this is really about changing the parallel you have with food - - so its a lifetime commitment, not a few weeks / months. coincidentally, your hormornes are much more stable when you cut out sugar and processed foods, so your endocrinologyst / gynecologist will be happy!
personally, i don ' t use splenda or cream very often as it slows my progress and makes me crave MORE sweet things. I am an Atkins purist and I have found that the less often you eat sweets, the less you shall crave them. the human body is resilient and you can re - programme your mind to be satisfied with certain foods, like grilled fish and devilled eggs.
Good luck! [ / icon_cool. gif]
JCFAST66
New Member
Joined: 15 Mar 2008
Posts: 29
Location: East Central Iowa
Sat May 10, 2008 1: 23 am    Post subject:
I also stay as far away from sweets as far as I can. I ' m positive one frosted honey bun would lead to five hundred honey buns. After a month of no sweets I have no sweet cravings what so ever. I believe as Coat said the sweet cravings will throw you into an eating binge, happens to me everytime. JC
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Location: San Jose
Sat May 10, 2008 5: 02 am    Post subject:
You ' re welcome, Simi. I ' m glad to help. I think you have a great attitude toward food and it will bring you long - term success. I wish you all the best!
heyla44
Established Member
Joined: 28 Apr 2008
Posts: 84
Location: Yorkshire
Sat May 10, 2008 9: 36 pm    Post subject:
I would just like to second that thanks to you guys!

No comments: