Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

alcohol then dehydration then water retention
Author
Message
jayfields
New Member
Joined: 01 May 2008
Posts: 5
Mon May 12, 2008 1: 41 am    Post subject: alcohol then dehydration then water retention
Ok so I had a long island on friday night and a vodka and cranberry juice. I had a bit of a hangover all day yesterday and was very dehydrated. I drank a lot of water today and yesterday and now I am 4 lbs heavier then I was yesterday morning. I feel horrible. Has anyone experienced this. Do you think this will go away. Help! Answers and encouragement would be much appreciated.
wheresmycoat
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 322
Mon May 12, 2008 6: 40 am    Post subject:
Relax, its most likely water rentention. long island ice teas and cranberry juice are NOT part of Atkins.... and actually cranberry juice is loaded with sugar! [ / icon_eek. gif]
Just do a day or 2 of ( really ) strict atkins with plenty of eggs and chicken / fish and the 4lbs will shift away....
good luck! [ / icon_cool. gif]
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Location: San Jose
Wed May 14, 2008 5: 27 am    Post subject:
Hi jayfields,
Well, alcohol and cranberry juice are both natural diuretics. That would explain the dehydration. And when your body feels dehydrated, it responds by refusing to let go of the water you take in. Water is heavy. It doesn ' t take much to add up to four pounds.
Some mixers are ok on Atkins, but not cranberry or orange juice. Way too many carbs.
One day ' s mistakes don ' t have to derail you though. Just get back on the program and you ' ll be able to start where you left off.
CHUBBZ
New Member
Joined: 24 Jun 2007
Posts: 3
Wed May 14, 2008 3: 26 pm    Post subject:
On Saturday I went out and had a few rum with seltzer the next day I was 3lb lighter and dehyderated I must of had 5 gallons of water. The next day Monday I was back to the weight that I was before I went out now I feel that I ' ve stalled. But I am back on track since Sunday.
I won ' t have a drink for a while.

No comments: