Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Tip for cravings?
Author
Message
Marinewifeandmom
Obvious Member
Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Posts: 138
Direction: Camp Lejeune, NC
Tue Jun 17, 2008 12: 58 am    Post subject: Tip for cravings?
I know its the dreaded TOM but everytim it comes around I have been getting terrible cravings - I know there are things out there like the protein low carb drinks like crystal light and the new special k and south beach ones but I don ' t crave sweet dingy things i crave chocolate! I had some of those EAS low carb bars - comparable to atkins bars - but oh they gave me such terrible stomach pains throughout the day but wasn ' t bad enough to diminish my cravings - anyone have any tips? And I also wonderment why atkins bars went up dramatically in price like $2 - 3 +!! All they did was change the look of the box and we don ' t get any new flavors or more bars in the box lol.
towhook
Senior Member
Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 285
Locality: Dallas, Tx
Tue Jun 17, 2008 2: 36 am    Post subject:
If you look in your book under the supplements section, it should say something to take for cravings. I think it is 500mg L - glutamine, but I can ' t find my book right now.
Marinewifeandmom
Notorious Member
Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Posts: 138
Location: Camp Lejeune, NC
Tue Jun 17, 2008 3: 32 am    Post subject:
I do remember reading about that - i am on a errand to track those supplements down wish me luck [ / icon_smile. gif] thanks!
bluehex
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Dec 2003
Posts: 2663
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Tue Jun 17, 2008 6: 21 am    Post subject:
... or you could check Wheresmycoat ' s cheesecake recipe ( should be still on the first page of Recipe board ) and add two - or even three - heaped tablespoons of natural unsweetened cocoa powder to it. Or unsweetened baking chocolate, melted. The recipe is VERY good, and even Induction friendly ( without the cocoa, of course ). Should satisfy any craving.
wheresmycoat
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 326
Tue Jun 17, 2008 7: 19 am    Post subject:
Good tip, Bluehex. Definitely try the cheesecake. Plus, I think that there is something psychological to actually baking something sweet. Sometimes the craving goes away just in the suit of baking.
Also, when I crave something sweet, particularly chocolate, I try to counteract it by eating something savoury and full fat. Grill a steak and top with mushrooms and feta or a cheesy ham omelet. It works and stops the cravings. Something about the fat consumption.
In the past, I have, at times, gave into the craving and cheated. Believe me, its NEVER worth it once you have swallowed! [ / icon_cool. gif]
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Tue Jun 17, 2008 10: 09 am    Post subject:
A dill pickle helps my sweet cravings! Not sure why... but a large dill pickle works for me.
Marinewifeandmom
Established Member
Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Posts: 138
Location: Camp Lejeune, NC
Tue Jun 17, 2008 12: 04 pm    Post subject:
I have been so meaning to try that cheesecake recipe too! b4 atkins EVERYONE knew that i was in LOVE with cheesecake LOL - i know i had made one probably similar to this a few atkins times ago - and everytime i go to the grocery store i forget the cream cheese now as i hardly use it ( i used to eat the mock danish a lot when i did atkins last time ) i will get it for sure this time around because i would rather eat the mock cheesecake and danish than give in to the evil peanut butter and chocolate twix lol
tril - wish i could eat a big pickle but they make me sick [ / icon_sad. gif] just never had a knack for pickles, can ' t even handle being close to them because of the smell [ / icon_sad. gif]
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Tue Jun 17, 2008 12: 31 pm    Post subject:
How about olives, then? They might work for you.
Marinewifeandmom
Established Member
Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Posts: 138
Location: Camp Lejeune, NC
Tue Jun 17, 2008 12: 58 pm    Post subject:
sorry not an olive person either [ / icon_sad. gif]
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Tue Jun 17, 2008 1: 51 pm    Post subject:
LOL! I tried!
smerbear
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Dec 2007
Posts: 237
Location: North Carolina
Tue Jun 17, 2008 5: 01 pm    Post subject:
I eat dill pickles too when I am munchie!!! Not an olive person either.
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Tue Jun 17, 2008 6: 18 pm    Post subject:
OMG... I could eat an entire jar of stuffed green olives. My mouth waters just thinking about them. LOL My mom told me those are the only thing she craved when she was pg with me... and she ate them by the jarful. Now, when we travel together, we ALWAYS bring a jar of olives ( even on cruises!!! ).
Tril
Marinewifeandmom
Established Member
Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Posts: 138
Location: Camp Lejeune, NC
Wed Jun 18, 2008 5: 46 pm    Post subject:
well i picked up the l - glutamine 500 mg today to help curb cravings - i will start it out tomorrow and let you guys know [ / icon_smile. gif]

No comments: