Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Arrived at a stall i think....
Author
Message
naescyra
New Member
Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 17
Tue Jul 15, 2008 3: 52 pm    Post subject: Arrived at a stall i think....
Ok, weight was coming off pretty steady for first three weeks. Now I seem to have hit a stall. Gonna let you guys see my menu for a bit and let me know where I can improve.
Day Before Yesterday:
Breakfast - - - mock french toast recipee. eggs, cream cheese, heavy cream, splenda, cinnamin and nutmeg
Lunch - - - - ate out at Western Sizzlin, had grilled chicken topped with cheese and grilled green bell peppers and onions, side of grilled vegetable ( peppers and squash ). way more than 1 / 4 cup of squash ( standard resteraunt serving )
Dinner - - - - fried up some bacon, and mushrooms and made some alfredo sauce ( parmesian cheese, heavy cream, eggs, spices )
Snacks - - - none
Probly a little cheese and carb heavy, but ketone strips unspeaking showed pink and no constipation issues.
Yesterday:
Breakfast - - - 4 eggs fried in EVOO, bit of garlic powder
Lunch - - - - - bought a rotisserie chicken at walmart, ate leg, thigh, wing, and part of one breast. not sure what it was basted with, but didnt eat skin.
Dinner - - - - - Leftover chicken breasts from a couple days ago, grilled in garlic, onion, and neutral. With some grilled onion and green bell pepper and some leftover alfredo sauce ( parmesian cheese, heavy cream, eggs, spices )
Snacks - - - - None.
We had to shut down our fridge to defrost it for a couple days. Somone gamy it up too high [ / icon_redface. gif] and the extract froze, so every time it went through its auto defrost circle it flooded the bottom. Anyway, my point is that I havent had boiled eggs and other things cheerfully available for snacking the last couple days so I let myself get hungry between meals.
Also, I ' ve been slipping back into the Diet Coke some. Water just gets so old and cheap.
Ketone test strips are still showing pink
any thoughts.
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Stage: Wisconsin
Tue Jul 15, 2008 4: 09 pm    Post subject:
You ' re not really slanted portion sizes but there appears to be a vast amount of food there.. dunno for sure but caloric intake might be a part of it.
You ' re probably close to 20 carbs per or going over as a rough estimate, looking it over. Still even with that, stalls happen sometimes. Not to me, but to some people they do.
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Where: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Tue Jul 15, 2008 6: 41 pm    Post subject:
Naescyra... you ' re a big guy so it doesn ' t appear to me that you could be overeating. How long has your weight been the same... how many days? It ' s really not uncommon for weight loss to slow down in the 3rd week. All of your glycogen stores have been depleted so the water weight is gone. From here on out you should be losing fat and that, completely frankly, takes time. As long as you ' re in ketosis you ' re ok. Test in the morning before you eat because a high fat meal can make the color change more ( metabolizing the fat in the meal as opposed to metabolizing body fat ). If you ' re showing a color change in the morning just assume that everything is ok and keep on keepin ' on.
How are your clothes fitting? When low carbing you can expect to get smaller without any change on the scale. Not sure how or why, but most of us have experienced it. Dr Atkins, for that reason, suggested that everyone take measurements when they start so they can use them as a better gauge of weight loss than a scale.
Oh, and try not to compare yourself to Kyp. He ' s a gym rat with a metabolism to match. [ / icon_wink. gif] Kiddin ' ya, Kyp... you know we love you.
Tril
naescyra
New Member
Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 17
Tue Jul 15, 2008 9: 16 pm    Post subject:
thanks Tril,
ive been about the same for a week now. i didnt take any measurements when i started but my clothes are definitely more comfortable. A went to another notch in my belt when i put my pants on this morning ( usually wear shorts ). ill get some measurements tonight and start keeping track.
As far as measuring amounts, I just wont do it. I wont stay with the diet if I get too caught up with measuring out everything I eat. thats a major reason why other diets dont work for me. What I will do is make a best estimate and if I think I went over on one meal, I ' ll cut back on the next. Sure I ' ll go over sometimes, but I ' ll be under sometimes too, and most of the time, I ' ll probly be within an acceptable range. My doctor said to start cutting out ALL my veggies and carbs [ / icon_eek. gif]. But, I know that is not what Atkins sais, so I ' ll probly just become more concious of my veggie intake as I go
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Wisconsin
Tue Jul 15, 2008 11: 58 pm    Post subject:
I ' m not talking about measuring what you ' re eating, but some of the posts like...
chicken.
eggs.
I mean thats not really descriptive. That could be 17 eggs. or it could be 7 chickens.
Conversely it could be 2 eggs and a 1 / 4 chicken breast, but we just don ' t know.
Also sounds like a lot of cheese and carbs, but meh.. its all your call.
If and i mean IF, because it may not be a stall, it is a stall, sometimes you have to, or can shake a stall lose with some exercise or dropping a few carbs / calories.
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Wed Jul 16, 2008 12: 05 am    Post subject:
Give it time... weight loss is not predictable nor linear. If you go 4 weeks without losing, THEN do something. I think you ' re doing the right thing by following your instincts on this one and not cutting out ALL carbs. Is there a reason he seems like it ' s such a rush???
Tril
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Wisconsin
Wed Jul 16, 2008 12: 41 am    Post subject:
Cutting out all carbs is probably a last ditch move at best.. although depending on which DANDR book you have, ole Doc A. talks about some people that have metabolistic resistance that he cut down to like 8 or so carbs to get them STARTED.
Since you were already started though, I would give it some time.
oooh, my cauliflower is done boiling.
Side note... I finally posted some pics. Now for an avatar.

No comments: