Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

ketosis
Author
Message
larel
Certified Member
Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 30
Stage: seattle washington
Put together May 07, 2008 2: 42 pm    Post subject: ketosis
hello and thank you all for your support!! my question today is, do you use the ketosis sticks after induction? do you always use them? thanks and have a great day
bluehex
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Dec 2003
Posts: 2663
Stage: Warsaw, Poland
Conjugate May 07, 2008 4: 14 pm    Post subject:
Sure, you can use them if you have doubts or if you cheated and want to know if you got back in ketosis. They do neither good nor harm, so it really comes down to whether they motivate and reassure you. If you like using them, continue. If you don ' t care, it ' s not necessary.
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Location: San Jose
Wed May 07, 2008 6: 45 pm    Post subject:
I ' m going up the carb ladder, gradually adding 5 carbs of various foods and I use the ketostix occasionally to check that I ' m still in ketosis. The ketostix help me decide if I should continue with a particular food I ' ve added. For example, I just added carrots. If I find that they take me out of ketosis, I may drop the carrots, and try adding something else instead. So far, I ' ve added almond butter, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, cottage cheese, yogurt, and carrots, totalling 40 to 45 carbs per day. I ' m still getting a small to moderate color change on my ketostix.
larel
Established Member
Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 30
Location: seattle washington
Thu May 08, 2008 2: 48 am    Post subject:
thanks!!

No comments: