Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Crackerbread
Author
Message
kellyjane
Manifest Member
Joined: 30 May 2008
Posts: 64
Setting: England
Tue Jun 17, 2008 7: 46 pm    Post subject: Crackerbread
I have noticed in the book that crackerbread is on one of the induction menu ' s with cottage cheese....... I did not realise you could have this.... I have some in the cupboard from when I did weight watchers...... can I use it sparingly?????????
It says
per slice 19kcal
carbs 3. 8g ( sugars 0. 1g )
Ingredients; wheat flour, veg oil, salt, sugar beet, fibre
If I can use what carbs do I count the 3. 8g or is it the 0. 1g
Kelly [ / icon_smile. gif]
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Tue Jun 17, 2008 8: 10 pm    Post subject:
I don ' t think this is the cracker / bread they have listed. I think they mean the ones with ONLY fiber in them. If you eat the ones you have, you ' ll have to count the carbs ( 3. [ / icon_cool. gif]. If there ' s fiber in them, you can subtract the fiber from the 3. 8. However, I would NOT eat these on induction because they are a grain based cracker.
I think they might have meant " crispbread ". The ones I have are GG Scandinavian Bran Crispbread. 1 slice has 16 calores, 3 grams total carb, 3 grams fiber, 0 grams sugars. Ingredients are unprocessed wheat bran, rye flour, salt. They taste a lot like sawdust. LOL I use them when I need fiber... they ' re pretty palatable when spread with something like cream cheese and chives. I usually break one in half, spread one side with cheese and top with the other half. It makes a " sandwich " type snack. I ' ve had this twice in the last three weeks.
Tril
kellyjane
Established Member
Joined: 30 May 2008
Posts: 64
Location: England
Tue Jun 17, 2008 8: 16 pm    Post subject:
Oakey dokey [ / icon_sad. gif] won ' t eat them then........................ thanks Tril [ / icon_biggrin. gif] [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
Kelly
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Tue Jun 17, 2008 8: 19 pm    Post subject:
YW, Kel... sorry. [ / icon_sad. gif]
Oh.. if it makes you feel any better, I ended up eating one of MY crispbreads with a Laughing Cow cheese wedge. Once I had the package in my hands I wanted one!!! It was SO good... not planned, but good! [ / icon_smile. gif]

No comments: