Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Rum and diet coke
Author
Message
treacletart
New Member
Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Posts: 27
Longitude: England
Tue Jul 22, 2008 12: 24 pm    Post subject: Rum and diet coke
at a cuban themed party at the weekend. There will be a lot or Rum. Could i have 1, maybe 2 rum and diet cokes without things going pair shaped?
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Direction: Wisconsin
Tue Jul 22, 2008 2: 56 pm    Post subject:
Things dont go pear shaped but you cannot lose weight while your body burns the alcohol.
The body will use the alcohol energy before it goes back into burning the fats from ketosis.
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Latitude: San Jose
Tue Jul 22, 2008 4: 40 pm    Post subject:
Yep, no alcohol on Induction. During Induction, eat only what ' s on the Acceptable Foods list. Nothing else. This is the phase where you are switching your metabolism from burning carbs to burning fat. Don ' t mess around with anything not on the list.
You can add alcohol in later phases, though, in bounds. Dry wine, not sweet. Hard liquor rather than beer.
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Site: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Tue Jul 22, 2008 4: 54 pm    Post subject:
Trea... if you ultimate to " break " the induction rules at this party, rum and diet coke would be your best choice. Just make sure it ' s a plain rum... not a flavored one. Coconut rum ( although delicious in diet coke ) has about 3 carbs per ounce. Stay away from that! Also... remember that alcohol can make you not care about what you ' re eating, either. Drinker beware. [ / icon_wink. gif]
As Kyp said... while your body is metabolizing alcohol it will NOT be metabolizing fat. As long as it ' s in your system ( not just while you ' re actually drinking ) you will be in " pause "... add some carbs and you ' re going to be launched out of ketosis. Plan to add another day or two to Induction... longer if you eat poorly, too.
In the end, only you can decide if the consequences are worth it. Maybe they are, maybe they aren ' t. At least you ' ve been warned.
Tril
treacletart
New Member
Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Posts: 27
Location: England
Thu Jul 24, 2008 7: 54 am    Post subject:
Thank you all. I think I shall probably have 1. No more. I have been on induction for several weeks now and am contemplating moving on to the next stage. The thought of raspberries is too much!
As long as I just have the 1 drink then I won ' t be tempted to tuck into the rice and beans.
I was packing my fiances ' s lunch yesterday morning and I had bought a doughnut for him and I had the biggest urge to shove the doughnut in my mouth. For a second I literally lost control and the doughnut seemed to be controlling me. I managed to put it down and walk away and told my fiance that he had to finish packing his own lunch. So strange as I am around chocolate and sweets all the time and normally just fine. Pleased that I managed to gain control again, but scary that I nearly put it in my mouth
Anyway, it is my 33rd birthday tomorrow and obviously won ' t be having cake but my other half is taking me out to lunch ( day off work! ) and then we are going to walk on the beach. As I have lost weight I can wear a pretty dress and not look hefty.
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Wisconsin
Thu Jul 24, 2008 2: 38 pm    Post subject:
Even moving out of Induction to the other phases, be warned just a bit that Alcohol is in one of the much later stages....
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Thu Jul 24, 2008 3: 18 pm    Post subject:
That ' s right... wine and alcohol isn ' t a choice until the 5th week of OWL.
Tril

No comments: