Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Calorie Intake
Author
Message
Tofugirl
New Member
Joined: 09 May 2008
Posts: 8
Direction: Japan
Fri May 09, 2008 2: 55 pm    Post subject: Calorie Intake
Greetings everyone,
I am new to this forum. I ' m Asian and live in Japan. English is not my first talking, so please bear with me if my grammar is not perfect.
This is my second attempt with Atkins after 4 & half years. I've lost about 60lb the first time but I gained it all back and than some. I'm sure my story is not new. Anyway, I've been doing induction for a month now ( 32days ), and engage in to lose 22lb. My dilemma is ( I never thought I'd say this ) I may not be eating enough. According to Fitday calculation, I'm eating 900 – 1200 cal a day ( 250cal from olive oil and butter ). After initial week, I treat to get full juicy ( I'm guessing my stomach is getting smaller ). Since I'm not hungry, I don't have the urge to snack. I feel as though my body seems to know when I'm hungry and I have set on in affluent routine. Breakfast is around 6: 30 – 7: 00, lunch 11: 45 – 12: 00, and dinner 6: 00 – 7: 00. I do not eat after dinner and I go to abutment around 11: 00. My question is, should I force myself to eat even if I'm not hungry? I fell very satisfied after each meal, I don't feel deprived. But I'm afraid I may be forcing my body to starvation mode unintentionally. Any suggestion / advice is very welcome.
Here are my stats; I'm 5'1, 249lb, zero exercise. Scale shows slow movement but not stalling. I drink 2 - 3 liter of water every day, intake daily dose of vegetables and in ketosis. I also feel great 95 % of time.
Now, if only Poop Fairy comes visit me more often, I be all set…
maxomo
New Member
Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 19
Latitude: Fredericton, NB
Fri May 09, 2008 5: 11 pm    Post subject:
It does sound like you aren ' t enough calories, but you shouldn ' t be force feeding yourself. If you feel satisfied then that should be the most important measure. You may need more fiber in your diet. I would recommend eating flax seed. I make flax seed pancakes with just an egg and a couple spoonfulls of flax and that helps me keep regular.
Congrats on the weight loss! Keep it up!
wheresmycoat
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 322
Fri May 09, 2008 8: 30 pm    Post subject:
If you exercise EVERY DAY you will POOP MORE OFTEN. I promise.
Leave the fairy to help Peter Pan. [ / icon_cool. gif]
Also, as long as you do not go more than 5 waking hours without eating and eat your veggie carbs, you are OK at around 1000 calories.
Good luck!
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Location: San Jose
Sat May 10, 2008 5: 08 am    Post subject:
The only thing about your routine that worries me is the zero exercise. It ' s really important. Now it doesn ' t have to be pushups and treadmills. Anything that gets your heart pumping is fine - - biking, walking, flying a kite, playing softball, anything at all. Dr Atkins called exercise non - negotiable. A must.
Other than that, I think you ' re doing fine.
Tofugirl
New Member
Joined: 09 May 2008
Posts: 8
Location: Japan
Sat May 10, 2008 11: 28 am    Post subject:
Thanks for taking time to reply. I wasn't aware about the starvation mode or the other worrisome stuff until recent net - surfing on low - carb. Information overload I guess. It really helps to hear I'm doing okay.
maxomo: I been dying to get hold of this magic " Flaxseed " fiber. I want to try so many new things, but none available in Japan that I ' m aware of [ / icon_sad. gif]
wheresmycoat: You had me worried for a full minute, [ / icon_eek. gif] thinking I had to conjure up another meal until I realize 5 waking hours was a typo. But thank you! It gave me an opportunity go over DANDR again. When in doubt, go back to basic, right? [ / icon_cool. gif]
karenjs: One of the biggest reason to get in shape is because I can no longer walk more than 5 minute without resting my legs. Bad circulation. I ' m hoping to lose another 20lb to help ease burden on legs before taking up walking again. I don't know why I let myself go this far, I use to love walking…Anyway, no more excuse as of today! I'll have to be more creative with exercise.
wheresmycoat
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 322
Sat May 10, 2008 3: 47 pm    Post subject:
Go swimming, its better for your legs / joints and overall circulation.

No comments: