Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

NOOR!
Author
Message
Sona1980
New Member
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 22
Mon Jun 09, 2008 10: 09 pm    Post subject: NOOR!
Hey lady where you gone?
thought we were gona do this well-organized?
went back to boots scales today!
start weight: 92kg
week1: 89. 9kg
fruit! [ / icon_smile. gif]
sugar
Noor
Published Member
Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 80
Tue Jun 10, 2008 9: 25 am    Post subject:
I have been really sick, got sinusitis which was complicated by optic nerve inflammation.. [ / icon_cry. gif]
But guess what.. I stayed on the diet [ / icon_cool. gif] no matter what, coz I ' m so determined this time.
my start weight was 82. 3kg ( 181lb )
my current weight is 79. 4kg ( 174. 5lb )
6. 5lb so far.
I read your post about not losing much, me too Sona; 6lb only, but apparantly we are doing fine, and I think no matter how you lose it will always be much better than not losing or even gaining..
I know how you feel, I want to see my self in shape soon, I can ' t wait to get seductive legs, but we have to be patient, it ' s the excise of not watching what we eat, we have to recompense now [ / icon_confused. gif]
stay on the track, focused and determined, and don ' t forget about the exercise, it ' s very important, and you ' ll get what you want..
keep me updated, I ' ll do the same too [ / icon_wink. gif]
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Seat: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Tue Jun 10, 2008 11: 46 am    Post subject:
Another way to look at this is that you ' re EARNING your body back. Something earned is not so tender thrown away. The longer it takes and the more work it takes... the more likely you are to keep your weight off.
How ' s that for a silver lining???
Noor
Confessed Member
Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 80
Tue Jun 10, 2008 12: 33 pm    Post subject:
earning my body back...
select way to think about it
Sona1980
New Member
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 22
Fri Jun 13, 2008 1: 58 pm    Post subject: NOOR...
hi noor!
probs wont be able to update on monday as im going to london
for a few days to visit family! and they will n doubt try to force me to
eat loads of asian food!. Im gona try stick to atkins as much as possible
but have prepared myself to atleast one day of non atkins ( will try keep to a minimum ).
Im not seeing much shifting this week anyway, maybe due to P ' s or the cream n cheese ive been having! Have gone back to orignal 1st week food from today and hope next three days show some positive results.
Hope your diet is going well, keep me posted.. i will try check the forum while im away!
Also can u do me a fave? pm me a few days meal plan for what ur eating... just looking for lucid ideas.
cheers! caress
Noor
Accepted Member
Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 80
Sat Jun 14, 2008 9: 57 am    Post subject:
welcome to London,
I live in London [ / icon_smile. gif]
where do you live?
I ' m doing fine, an average of half a pound loss everyday.. sometimes less, but fair enough..
try to stick to the diet as much as you can, asian food can be atkins friendly sometimes, alot of vegetables, chicken, meat, fish..
be strong girl, the minute you cheat a bit you give yourself the permission to cheat more.
today I had mexican chedder and boiled eggs for breakfast, I will have steamed vegetables with a bit of butter and salt for lunch and kebabs for dinner.
yesterday I had grilled hallomi cheese and one tomato for breakfast, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and olives salad for lunch with some lemon and olive oil. and grilled chicken for dinner.
the day before I had egg omlette for breakfast, avocado for lunch and grilled seabrem fish for dinner
Sona1980
New Member
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 22
Sat Jun 14, 2008 12: 47 pm    Post subject:
hey!
i will be going london tomorow, i live in blackburn but im originally from newcastle upon tyne!
thanks for ur menu! man u really have some good stuff! i dnt even know what to buy when i go shopping!
I have been having scrambled eggs with cheese for breki,
kebab ' s for lunch
and stir fry veg with grilled chicken bits for dinner..
more or less for the last two weeks! although i did try the sheaperds pie last weekend and i had been munching on sweet n low sweets this last week! obviously ive dropped the sweets as i have had no loss this week which im really upset about but nevermind keep going heh!
if i do well by next monday ill treat myself to an atkins bar!
do u know if being on p ' s can stall weight loss?
mouth-to-mouth
Noor
Familiar Member
Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 80
Sat Jun 14, 2008 1: 01 pm    Post subject:
yes ofcourse Sona, sometimes you even gain weight, but the good thing about it is that you any more start losing once you finish
hang on there [ / icon_wink. gif]
Sona1980
New Member
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 22
Sat Jun 21, 2008 4: 02 pm    Post subject:
hey noor!
Im back from london! had a fantastic time visiting my friends and family and met 2 new babies! I hadnt lost anything for the 2nd week due to TOM but the good news is i didnt gain anything either! As i predicted my family cooked dinner for us and i wasnt able to refuse the food as it would upset them so i basicaly was one day on atkins one day off in 3rd week and thankfully didnt gain anything still!
Checked weight this morning and was reading 88. 3kg which is abt 13. 13 stones! yey! im below 14 stone now! once im at 13 stone exactually im going shoppin with hubzy to get me a new frock!
Back at home and back on atkins propperly now!
i also measured myself a few days before i went and now i THINK i may have lost an inch of the top of my tummy but cant tell about my post preg jelly belly! 3 months to go then i can start gym! Have also missed 2 sessions of water aerobics but will be back there next week!
and * stops to breath * ill be back on my daily walks from monday! Got the health visitor coming on monday, do u still get home visits? my lil one got his second lot of jabs next week too! poor man got a fever from his last lot of jabs!
xx
Noor
Established Member
Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 80
Sat Jun 21, 2008 10: 59 pm    Post subject:
welcome back [ / icon_smile. gif]
I ' m happy for the great news that you did not put on weight. As for me I ' m still sticking to the diet, losing slowly and feeling tired, but still hanging there. Everyone is telling me that I lost weight and my cloths are getting loose on me [ / icon_biggrin. gif] [ / icon_biggrin. gif] [ / icon_cool. gif] and this is what ' s giving me the strength.
My daughter ' s 2nd jab is next week also, 24th [ / icon_cry. gif] [ / icon_cry. gif] I hate this, last time she cried and cried from pain, I was crying with her [ / icon_cry. gif], but she did not get any fever though she was tired and upset that whole day. I hope this time she ' ll be fine. I don ' t get any more visits from the health visitor!! but I don ' t feel that I need this anyway.
why do you have to wait for 3 months to start the gym?! if for the cesarean you can do it now, It ' s been more that 8 weeks. though you have to be easy on yourself. as for me I will start some abdominal and bum exercises at home, that ' s what I mostly need [ / icon_rolleyes. gif]
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Sat Jun 21, 2008 11: 20 pm    Post subject:
Noor... when my boys were little I would pre - medicate them with Tylenol ( don ' t know what you have / use for pain relief / fever ) just before we left for the shot appointment. Lightly rubbing the injection site helps if you do it immediately after the shot. Try it on yourself... if you bump your arm or leg and it hurts in one spot, rub that area in a large circle. It stimulates the nerve endings all around the spot and seems to " spread it out ". Also... just remember that your babies will never remember it. YOU will, but they won ' t.
What are health visitors?
Noor
Established Member
Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 80
Sun Jun 22, 2008 8: 52 pm    Post subject:
thanx Tril [ / icon_smile. gif] I will do anything that might relieve my baby ' s pain. we usually use paracetamol or neurofen ( Ibuprofen ).
A health visitor is like the midwife, a specialized nurse who takes care of the baby and the mother after delivery. Mine visited me twice for general check up and to check my baby ' s weight. Now, no more visits, but I have her number and I can call her whenever I need her, up to 2years. Health visitors also have a walk in clinic where you can go whenever you need an advice regarding your baby or your health.
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Sun Jun 22, 2008 9: 02 pm    Post subject:
And they come to your home in the beginning? I wish we had something like that here. I had to go back to my midwife 6 weeks postpartum for my ONE check up after birth. I had to take my boys to their own doctor for checkups. It would have been really nice to have someone who focused on new moms and babies to come visit me. You ' re lucky!
Tril
Noor
Established Member
Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 80
Mon Jun 23, 2008 10: 46 am    Post subject:
yes they do come to my home at the beginning.
I even had a midwife coming to my home 3 times to check on me and my baby, you don ' t have to go any where as long as the baby is not sick.
that was really helpful

No comments: