Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

new and a?
Author
Message
40ishmama
New Member
Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 1
Sun Apr 20, 2008 9: 46 pm    Post subject: new and a?
Hi all,
I have enjoyed reading this forum for the past few weeks. I have about 30lbs to loose and know it will not be easy. I did Atkins before and it went well but slowly gained it back. For the last 2 weeks I have cut my carbs dramatically and only lost 2lbs!! Trouble is I am often good for 3 or 4 days and then have a carb fest. So here I go on induction again and I am going to count every carb and succeed it to the letter for 2 weeks.
My question is, and forgive me if this info is right in front of me, is does anyone know the carb count for the spring mix greens? I buy it at either vons or costco in the big tubs and all it says is organic spring mix. Of course I don ' t think it is very high but like I said I want to carefully count every carb. Thank you!
bluehex
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Dec 2003
Posts: 2663
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Mon Apr 21, 2008 5: 28 pm    Post subject:
Hello, and welcome!
Hope this time you will find more willpower to be consistent and lose all you want to lose. After all, you already know for a fact that this diet works - you ' ve done it before.
Carb count in leafy greens is negligeable, don ' t worry about it.
Good luck!
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Location: San Jose
Wed Apr 30, 2008 11: 22 pm    Post subject:
Spring greens are great!
They ' re only about one net carb per cup and full of nutrients.
But, if you ' re on Induction, you shouldn ' t have to be counting your carbs yet.
Stick to the Acceptable Foods list and the amounts given.
That means you limit your daily veggies to three cups of lettuce and salad vegetables OR two cups of salad vegetables and one cup of other acceptable vegetables.
Don ' t eat anything at all that ' s not on the list:
http: / / www. atkins. com / articles / atkins - phases / phase - one / acceptable - foods
You need to not cheat so that you can get rid of those cravings. Seriously, it works.

No comments: