Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Strange symptoms
Author
Message
iragerobbins
New Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2007
Posts: 2
Location: China
Mon Wreck 10, 2008 2: 17 am    Post subject: Strange symptoms
I hope someone can shed some light on this as it is quite viperous.
Recently I ' ve been feeling weak in my legs. Sometimes there ' s also wooziness ( no, not pregnant ). There hasn ' t been any telling change in my diet recently, but I still think I might be experiencing some sort of vitamin deficiency, specifically potassium. I read that potassium assists in muscle control.... or tone.... or bill.
The weakness in the legs is the biggest symptom, and sometimes it ' s accompanied by a general, overall feeling of prostration. Any suggestions? As an experiment, I ' ve started taking a daily vitamin and upping the nutrient - dense greens in my diet. We ' ll see how it goes.
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Setting: San Jose
Mon Scar 10, 2008 4: 09 am    Post subject:
Hi iragerobbins,
Sounds like you should talk to your doctor. Is there any reason not to call her or him about it?
When you ' re dieting, a multi - vitamin, multi - mineral supplement is a good idea, but what you ' re experiencing could be caused by any number of things. Since it ' s chancy you, you should definitely see a doctor.
iragerobbins
New Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2007
Posts: 2
Location: China
Mon Mar 10, 2008 7: 50 am    Post subject: No doctor....
I ' d like to see a doctor, but I live in China and the doctors in my city would not have any idea what to do with me. They would first ultrasound my bladder ( because it ' s expensive ), and then tell me I ' m not wearing enough pairs of thermal underwear. [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
I have begun on the vitamins, though, and I ' m working on incorporating more green stuff into my diet.
redboots
Established Member
Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 142
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Mon Mar 10, 2008 10: 44 am    Post subject:
if you think it may be the diet enter everything you eat into fitday. com and it has a part on there to tell you what vitamins and how much of them are in your food so you will be able to tell what you need supplements for
julie61
New Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 26
Sat Mar 22, 2008 11: 43 am    Post subject:
Thanks for the link. I take my vitamins but I worry about my hubby who refuses to take anything in spite of Dr. Atkins ' s advice.
uana
New Member
Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 7
Location: South Wales
Wed Mar 26, 2008 3: 45 pm    Post subject:
im on day 2 of induction and my legs are very weak - as well as general fatigue. i almost feel like i wouldnt be able to run if i needed to - im putting it down to drastic diet change. i am usually a carb [ / icon_queen. gif] and am suffering serious withdrawl from sugar
Rooley
Senior Member
Joined: 01 Sep 2003
Posts: 365
Location: England UK
Thu Mar 27, 2008 11: 43 am    Post subject:
Might be withdrawal symptoms, are you drinking lots of water?

No comments: