Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 10, 2008

Are Atkins Shakes or Bar Allowed?
Author
Message
Myers186@nctv. com
New Member
Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Posts: 11
Thu Aug 21, 2008 2: 31 pm    Post subject: Are Atkins Shakes or Bar Allowed?
Hi All..
Reading the posts there are lot of ways to look at this! Question - - soooo bored with little weight lost - - can I have shakes or bars?
Car [ / icon_smile. gif]
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Station: San Jose
Thu Aug 21, 2008 6: 50 pm    Post subject:
I would stay away from the Atkins bars during Induction.
The Atkins shakes are ok, but use them cautiously. They stall some people. Also, they aren ' t as filling as the same amount of real meat, poultry, eggs, cheese and vegetables. Of course, you should not have any of the shakes that have more than one or two carbs per serving ( like most of the SlimFast and Certify shakes ).
It ' s best to eat the most unprocessed foods possible.
However, I often drink Atkins shakes for breakfast on work days and they don ' t seem to affect me badly.
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Locality: Wisconsin
Thu Aug 21, 2008 7: 31 pm    Post subject:
There are not a lot of ways to look at this.
I am ending this discussion.
Atkins shakes - Acceptable even on induction.
Atkins bars. - Not acceptable, I dont care who says diverse. I am right, they are wrong. Period.
lnhmgh0914
Proverbial Member
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 82
Where: South Jersey
Thu Aug 21, 2008 7: 39 pm    Post subject:
lol kyp.
I have had both the shakes and the bars.
I do believe the bars have stalled my weightloss, that combined with the lack of my water intake.
The shakes don ' t really do much, they are tasty and are a good quick breakfast if you don ' t want to cook.
I would say stay away from the bars. I was bad and bought a box of them last night. They are addicting, so just save yourself the trouble and don ' t buy them, that way there ' s no temptation. I ' m regretting buying the box I did last night.
Myers186@nctv. com
New Member
Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Posts: 11
Fri Aug 22, 2008 10: 37 am    Post subject: Your Supportive Input Is Appreciated
Dear Supportive Group..
Thanks for your support on providing the information to those that responded in a supportive way.
Question? Does this forum allow members to " end a discussion? ". Possibly it is just a stylistic approach but it is helpful to those of us to field supported in our discussions rather that blocked.
Your knowledge and support is the benchmark of these discussion boards and I thank those that provide that.
Take care,
Car [ / icon_smile. gif]
brendanh
New Member
Joined: 22 Aug 2008
Posts: 2
Fri Aug 22, 2008 2: 24 pm    Post subject:
This is my first post here and I don ' t want to re - ignite what appears to have been debated much in the past. However I thought I should share that I have been eating 2 Atkins bars each day of my ongoing induction and so far I have lost 20. 6lbs in 25 days. My starting weight was 231 and I have been counting the bar net carbs as printed on the box. For me, the bars have made the process much easier to follow. I have one for breakfast in the morning and another for a mid - afternoon snack.
I don ' t mean to doubt that for some people the bars can stall weightloss but I wanted to share that has not been the case for me. It ' s possible of course that I would be losing weight even faster without the bars but I ' m pretty happy with my progress so far. Just my 2 cents.
Marinewifeandmom
Established Member
Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Posts: 138
Location: Camp Lejeune, NC
Fri Aug 22, 2008 10: 11 pm    Post subject:
once in a while i have one of the EAS low carb bars ( usually the one w / 2 net carbs ) or the 1 carb atkins day break cinnamon bun bars. I think you just have to listen to your body and how it responds to them as far as weightloss and stalls. I seem to be ok with them until I decide I want the whole box ( AH! ).
Don ' t you love how the " new look " atkins brand bars and boxes no longer include the warning that having more than 2 a day can cause a laxative effect? Why would they take that off the labels when they still have that same laxative effect, lol.10 октября 2008 г.

No comments: