Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 11, 2008

Appetite Increasing?
Author
Message
aaw1980
New Member
Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 2
Stage: Westminster, CO
Tue Aug 26, 2008 6: 58 am    Post subject: Appetite Increasing?
Hello all, my name is Mandy and I ' m new here to the website although not new to low carb. I just transitioned from South Beach to Atkins about a week or so ago and I have done other low carb diets in the past. At first after the first few days of induction my appetite decreased as it ' s supposed to, but now I ' m finding I ' m hungry more often. For example, I was hungry 2 hours ago so I at 3 flotation eggs and 2T of mayo as egg salad. I ' m already hungry again! I know I ' m getting enough calories in. I ' m drinking more than enough water, and I ' m exercising ( although not as much as I would like ). So I was wondering what would cause my appetite to increase on this WOE? Any ideas? Thanks and it ' s good to be here.
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Situation: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Tue Aug 26, 2008 11: 15 am    Post subject:
Hi Mandy... and welcome!
You know, some days I have what I call " hungry days ". I know other women who have these, too. It ' s not related to how much you eat or what you ' re eating it seems... so maybe it ' s hormonal, I don ' t know. They are just " hungry days " that I have to plainly get through. On the other hand, I also have days when I ' m not hungry at all. I figure they balance out in the end. Just try to avoid over eating the best you can... do what you did already, feed the hunger protein and fat. Another " trick " is to take some fiber pills with lots of water. If you feel you need to eat something, try a bowl of lettuce with an EVOO vinaigrette. It takes a lot of chewing and the fat will be satiating. And, if you can, get out of the house and get busy... exercise, go shopping, hit the library, any way to distract yourself. The good news? I ' ve never had two hungry days in a row. [ / icon_smile. gif]
HTH,
Tril
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Location: San Jose
Tue Aug 26, 2008 5: 54 pm    Post subject:
I agree with Tril. Additional ideas:
Are you using quite a bit of Splenda and / or aspartame? For some people, sweet taste can fool the body and make you feel hungry.
Try to vary the vegetables you eat so that you get plenty of fiber. Eat them raw sometimes and cooked sometimes. Dip celery and raw broccoli flowerettes in cream cheese; eat jicama and asparagus and spinach.
Also, eggs digest pretty fast. They ' re great for you, but try to alternate with turkey, chicken, beef, lamb, pork, fish... You get the idea.
During induction, I kept baggies of cooked meats and cheeses in the frig for snacks.
If you are hungry, you should eat something, but be careful not to overstuff yourself, like Tril said.
The hungry feeling will pass.
aaw1980
New Member
Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 2
Location: Westminster, CO
Tue Aug 26, 2008 9: 05 pm    Post subject:
Thanks ladies, I will hang in there. Going camping day after tomorrow, so I ' m getting some great ideas about foods to take from this website. Talk you all soon!10 октября 2008 г.

No comments: