Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 12, 2008

Checking in, Day 17
Author
Message
chicago. cyclist
New Member
Joined: 02 Aug 2008
Posts: 16
Situation: Chicago
Leash Aug 13, 2008 9: 02 pm    Post subject: Checking in, Day 17
I started Atkins at a weight of 240#, and have been on induction for 17 days. I have also been going to the gym the last couple weeks, burning at least 500, now up to 600 calories on the treadmill ( with a heart - rate watchdog ), and today I weighed in at 222. That ' s 18 pounds!!!! I was stalled at 15 for a few days, then - - whoosh - - 3 more pounds invisible.
I ' m in ketosis every day, no matter when I check, and it ' s always in the " moderate " to " large " range - - even after working out at the gym, when I would have expected that I ' d burned the ketones for energy. I hope this means my body is having an easy time of converting fat to energy.
I got my first compliment from some folks at work who said they could really notice my progress.
I met with a personal trainer today to get my measurements and talk about my goals at the gym.
I did eat a one - pound steak the other day which really seemed excessive when I was finished ( it had mushrooms sauted in garlic butter on top.... ), and I worried that I ' d had too much protein, but no problems from that yet.
I ' ve loosened my restrictions a little bit, allowing myself some tomatoes and onions which I had not been eating, and usually moderately higher amounts of vegetables, which has made the diet easier. Last night I made chiles rellenos, which are poblano peppers big with cheese, tender in whipped egg, and fried, served with a tomato sauce. That was a real treat, and relatively low - carb ( peppers have some, cheese may have some ) - - certainly high - fat!
I cheated and had alcohol a couple times too - - liquor, no juice or mixer - - very quite. I know - - bad - - but still, I ' m still losing. I jar if this means that technically I ' ve moved into Phase 2?
Well, that ' s it. Thanks!
- - Chris
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Location: San Jose
Thu Aug 14, 2008 7: 53 pm    Post subject:
Hi, C - cyclist!
Congratulations, you ' re doing great! What a great loss! You must feel wonderful. Isn ' t it gratifying when people around you start noticing? [ / icon_smile. gif]
No, you ' re still in Induction. You can safely stay on Induction for up to six months. You might want to go into the OWL phase, especially if you are bored with your food choices.
When you enter the Ongoing Weight Loss phase, you will start counting the carbs of the food you eat. You will add 5 carbs of low carb veggies one week, a couple of weeks later you will add 5 carbs fresh cheeses, like ricotta and cottage cheese, a couple of weeks later you ' ll add 5 carbs of seeds and nuts, a couple of weeks later you will add 5 carbs of berries and melons, etc. You keep doing that until you stop losing weight. That will give you the number of carbs you can eat and maintain your weight. Then you ' ll cut back five or ten carbs to keep losing weight and stay at that level as long as you keep losing weight. Then you stay at that level until you are five or ten pounds from your goal, when you go into Pre - maintenance.
It ' s important to add foods gradually, using the Carbohydrate Ladder. http: / / atkins. nl / index. php / en / 17
If a particular food stalls your weight loss, drop it from your diet and move on.
stephani501
Established Member
Joined: 12 Jun 2008
Posts: 133
Location: Seattle, Washington
Fri Aug 15, 2008 2: 00 am    Post subject:
Hi
I just wanted to say congratulations on all of your progress. I know it feels great when people start commenting on how you look.
Keep up the awesome work!
Steph12 октября 2008 г.

No comments: