Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 12, 2008

Hiya all
Author
Message
plumcrazee
New Member
Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Posts: 17
Site: Rocky Mount, VA
Fri Aug 15, 2008 2: 40 am    Post subject: Hiya all
Well I found this forum a few account ago. Long story short I tried Atkins about 2 years ago and successfully dropped 65 pounds in about 7 months before a traumatic experience threw me into comfort food mode again.
I have flirted with other systems since then but I don ' t seem to make it past about 3 days on any diet plan I have tried since January when I decided to work on me again.
I am 32 and mom of 3. I was thin until kids and after I just never seemed to be able to keep any weight off. I lost 120 pounds about 10 years ago on a low fat plan and gained it all back plus within a few years of stopping it cause I had reached my goal.
At this point I am now about 345 pounds.. I don ' t know for sure cause I haven ' t weighed in far-reaching but I am miserable and worse than that I am scared I won ' t live to see my kids finish school.
Since Atkins worked so well before I want to recommit myself to it and go all the way!!
I am starting again Saturday morning, I will weigh before then and I already got some Richard Simmons tapes to do so I can attempt exercise again.
To be honest I am scared it won ' t work cause of my past failures to stick to anything and I just have soooo far to go, it is very scary.
I would appreciate friendships and support through the forums and would love to offer mine in return.
I work at home so I don ' t get out to find those relationships, I think being so overweight I just hate going into public that often.
Thanks [ / icon_smile. gif]
PlumCrazee
HCrews
Well-known Member
Joined: 11 Aug 2008
Posts: 53
Locality: Missouri
Fri Aug 15, 2008 2: 55 am    Post subject:
Welcome! Remember to think positively... if you believe you can do it, you really can! Don ' t look at the big picture... one day and one pound at a time.
stephani501
Received Member
Joined: 12 Jun 2008
Posts: 133
Site: Seattle, Washington
Fri Aug 15, 2008 2: 47 pm    Post subject:
Hi and welcome! You are in the right place if you are seeking encouragement and inspiration.
I like you, was completely overwhelmed by the amount of weight that I had to lose. I kept focusing on the whole picture instead of what I could do in that moment, hour, day. I know it is hard, but keep your focus on mini goals at first. I started with ten pound goals, and I just started to move my body for a small amount each day, every day. Try not to focus on the numbers, but instead hang out on all of the positive changes that you are making.
Before I knew it, I was at ten pounds and I had increased the time that I was able to move my body and I started feeling really good.
Whatever you do, DO NOT give up on yourself. If you can only do five funny book of the workout tape, do five minutes. The important thing is being consistant. Believe in yourself. Commit to yourself. Read, read, read this forum over and over, ask questions, and never be afraid to check in or ask for help.
We can do this together.
Please let me know how things are going for you, I will be here.
I hope you have a fantastic day!
Steph
Last edited by stephani501 on Fri Aug 15, 2008 3: 10 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrsNeener
New Member
Joined: 29 Jul 2008
Posts: 6
Fri Aug 15, 2008 3: 00 pm    Post subject: Good for you!
How impressive that you are willing to give it a shot again! It is not always easy to get back up on a horse that has thrown you off! Good thing for the extra padding!!!
I too have tried many times to lose the extra weight and have always given up after 20 lbs... this time I am going for the GUSTO! I will not quit until I reach my goal!
I have found it very helpful that my husband is following Atkins as well... we are a team and neither one of us will let the other fail. I know that if I stumble he will be there to help me up, and vice versa! I hope that you too have that support!
Congratulations on taking the first step... Best of Luck to you!
plumcrazee
New Member
Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Posts: 17
Location: Rocky Mount, VA
Fri Aug 15, 2008 3: 07 pm    Post subject: WOW
Just wanted to thank you for the loving and insightful responses. I will try to keep your tips in mind.
It is nice to know I won ' t be totally alone in this [ / icon_smile. gif]
PlumCrazee
stephani501
Established Member
Joined: 12 Jun 2008
Posts: 133
Location: Seattle, Washington
Fri Aug 15, 2008 3: 09 pm    Post subject:
You will not be alone!
Feels good, huh?
Steph
tonik999
Established Member
Joined: 24 Jul 2008
Posts: 86
Location: SW Virginia
Fri Aug 15, 2008 3: 16 pm    Post subject:
Hey plumcrazee... I ' m in your neck of the woods, sort of... I ' m in Blacksburg!
Welcome and good luck!
Toni
loser lady
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Posts: 233
Location: Deep South
Fri Aug 15, 2008 6: 10 pm    Post subject:
Ok, welcome and I understand being overwhelmed. I think stephani501 has the key for helping you. It certainly helped me.
Remember, the past is in the past. We can ' t change it, but what we ' ve gone through can help us make better choices in the future. It may be that we needed all of our experiences to get to where we are now. At any rate don ' t be ashamed of it.
Second, start with something you can manage. If 10 lbs looks like too big a goal, focus on 10 minutes, or 10 seconds. You can say, " For this 10 minutes, I choose to be healthy ". At the end of that time, you have achieved your goal. I live with my program sometimes second to second. Trust me, those seconds pile up.
Be kind to yourself and do everything the book tells you to. Drink your water, take your vitamins, get your sleep. Write often. There are lots of friends here just waiting to get to know you.
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Fri Aug 15, 2008 6: 17 pm    Post subject:
Welcome Plum!!! Glad you found us!! Don ' t ever give up hope... you can do this. Everyone here doing it is proof that YOU can, too. Just never ever give up on yourself.
Tril
HCrews
Established Member
Joined: 11 Aug 2008
Posts: 53
Location: Missouri
Fri Aug 15, 2008 10: 24 pm    Post subject:
I ask myself this question every night... " I ate this way today, can I eat this way tomorrow? " The answer is always yes. It ' s when I think about eating this way for the rest of my life that I get freaked out. But yes, I can eat this way today!12 октября 2008 г.

No comments: