Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 12, 2008

not proud, failed my induction
Author
Message
desertbitch
Senior Member
Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 367
Situation: High Solitude, CA.
Fri Aug 15, 2008 4: 29 pm    Post subject: not proud, failed my induction
Ok, to be honest, I sort of planned it... I havent been alone at all for months. My kids started school this week and I ate pizza and ice cream among other filth while they were in school. My stomach is hard and distended as usual when I eat like that. So, anyway, it is Friday and I am starting over... again.
Can I get a " you can do it "? I really need some encouragement and I feel like a total " unloser " fat ass.
help?
Nik@Night
Known Member
Joined: 24 Jul 2008
Posts: 165
Longitude: Seattle, Washington
Fri Aug 15, 2008 4: 39 pm    Post subject:
Don ' t be discouraged!!! We are only human! I know " YOU CAN DO IT!! " [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
Nik
dafeedil
Acknowledged Member
Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Posts: 111
Post: Indianapolis, IN
Fri Aug 15, 2008 4: 55 pm    Post subject:
Don ' t sweat that, DB. Last week for the kids I got 2 boxes of those fruit pies, you know the ones like Hostess makes? Well, it would have been bad enough if I just had one, but I had THREE, badda badda bing, each of them had like 42 grams of carbs each. I just completely lost every ounce of will power I had when I ate them, I felt almost sick afterwards, but then I realized I shouldn ' t get too upset, it was just a slip up, and not to do it again. I don ' t know what posessed me to eat those little pies, but I did. I have to say tho, they were kind of good [ / icon_lol. gif] I hope I NEVER do that again. Stupid pies and their enticing sugar filled fruit filling, out out damned pies. Ya just get back on track, ya know? And when you do slip up, really remember to enjoy it [ / icon_lol. gif] [ / icon_lol. gif] [ / icon_lol. gif]
ps, YOU CAN DO IT
lnhmgh0914
Notorious Member
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 82
Footing: South Pullover
Fri Aug 15, 2008 5: 36 pm    Post subject:
Don ' t be discouraged girl. Everyone slips up. There have been frequent time I ' v been feeding my daughter potatoes ( baby doll ' s only 6 months ) or fruit and wanna take a huge bite... ( Luckily I haven ' t )
Just get back on track darlin ', you can do it!!! Just think of the slim, hot momma you ' re gonna be when you stick to this. ( That ' s what keep me going on mine, insightful that I ' ll be able to keep up with my daughter ' s and be proud when I walk into their school knowing that they won ' t be embarrassed of mommy ).
GOOD LUCK!! And just know we ' re all here for you
loser lady
Senior Member
Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Posts: 233
Location: Deep South
Fri Aug 15, 2008 5: 39 pm    Post subject:
Now look, you didn ' t fail, you just had a slip. Everything I ' ve ever read or learned about overcoming problems like ours is that there ' s almost never a straight line of improvement, our learning and improving goes in cycles. The fact that you have renewed your commitment by posting to the board says you ' ve already started the upswing from this experience into a new cycle.
Actually, I admire your quick return. When I ' ve " fallen off the wagon " before, I ' ve been too heartsick and discouraged to try again and ask for help. So I think you are a winner.
Remember, it takes us the sum total of all our experiences to gain the knowledge we need to get where we want to go. So you are one step closer to your goal.
So be kind to yourself and be assured that as long as you keep trying, you will keep getting better. You are going to be GREAT!!
stephani501
Established Member
Joined: 12 Jun 2008
Posts: 133
Location: Seattle, Washington
Fri Aug 15, 2008 6: 44 pm    Post subject:
I agree with LL.
So you had a slip up. This is about changing our relatioship with food. This is a journey, so just pick yourself back up and keep marching.
You can do it. I believe that.
Good luck, and keep us posted!
Steph
HCrews
Established Member
Joined: 11 Aug 2008
Posts: 53
Location: Missouri
Fri Aug 15, 2008 10: 21 pm    Post subject:
And as I read on here from someone, it ' s not a cheat, it ' s a treat.
You can totally do this!
And those damn fruit pies are one of my downfalls too!
desertbitch
Senior Member
Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 367
Location: High Desert, CA.
Sun Aug 17, 2008 12: 45 am    Post subject:
Thanks everyone... so far so good.
So funny about the pies... I was just writing about them. I was remembering that they used to cost only 12 cents!
Onward and upward, I guess. I looked at some old pictures of myself and golly, I was cute! I am do it again. Why did I always think that I was so fat? i wasnt! What a waste of brain energy.
Have a wonderful weekend.
lschwass
New Member
Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 11
Location: kentucky
Tue Aug 19, 2008 3: 49 am    Post subject:
Loserlady, if you don ' t mind I ' d more than LOVE to quote, " it takes us the sum total of all our experiences to gain the knowledge we need to get where we want to go. " I ' ve never heard it put quite like that, you said it PERFECT!
sableshay
New Member
Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 27
Location: missouri
Tue Aug 19, 2008 2: 43 pm    Post subject:
yeah remember we were going to both start back at the same time? i failed as well. but todays is a new day, not only a new day its THE DAY im changing my eating habits and im going to do this.. if i can give up pizza and chocolate cake you can too!12 октября 2008 г.

No comments: