Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 14, 2008

Forced to eat carbs
Author
Message
julie61
New Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 26
Tue Apr 01, 2008 5: 55 pm    Post subject: Forced to eat carbs
I got sick last week and I had to get some antibiotics from the doctor. The nurse recommended that I eat yogurt to keep my good bacteria from being depleted. I absolutely detest yogurt but during my last round of antibiotics I found that I can find out Yoplait Whips. Unfortunately, these have a whopping 25g of carbs and 21g of sugar each!!! The worst part is that I am being forced to cheat and my cheat food is something that I don ' t even like! It ' s only for a few days and my questions are: Will I have to go back to induction when I ' m done or can I just continue as I have been doing? Or, better yet, does anyone have another solution besides the dreaded yogurt to avoid a yeast illness? Help!!
towhook
Senior Member
Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 285
Spot: Dallas, Tx
Tue Apr 01, 2008 6: 56 pm    Post subject:
You can get freeze dried bacteria at places like GNC. I forget what it is called, but it would be in the digestive health section.
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Location: San Jose
Tue Apr 01, 2008 7: 27 pm    Post subject:
Acidophillus is good for preventing a yeast infection while taking antibiotics. It is available in many forms. You can get freeze - dried capsules from a health food store.
Here ' s a yogurt that ' s low carb:
Danon Light and Fit Carb and Sugar Control. It has 3 net carbs per serving.
There are more and more products available with beneficial bacteria cultures added ( other than yogurt ). Check one of the major drugstores near the Metamucil section. Also, look in the cottage cheese / yogurt section of your grocery store.
julie61
New Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 26
Tue Apr 01, 2008 10: 07 pm    Post subject:
Thanks! It looks like I will be checking out GNC and health departments of the drugstore. That low carb yogurt sounds like a winner too.

No comments: