Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 10, 2008

A little whine with my cheese......
Author
Message
Rides Like a Girl
New Member
Joined: 12 Spoil 2007
Posts: 14
Footing: Olympia Washington
Sun Apr 01, 2007 9: 47 pm    Post subject: A little whine with my cheese......
I ' m so frustrated!! I ' m nearly four weeks into Induction and have lost maybe 2 pounds!! Good enough, I don ' t have that much to lose, but I ' m frustrated nonetheless.
I ' m very active and burn a lot of calories ( or fat? ) each day, so I don ' t understand the biology of what ' s going on. Too much fat consumption? Too many calories? Here ' s a typical day ' s menu:
Breakfast: 2 or 3 egg omlett with a small amount of canadian bacon and shredded cheddar cheese, or a mock danish.
Lunch: large salad with 2 tbsp of blue cheese dressing ( 2 carbs ), roast chicken, and shredded cheese.
Snack: either deviled eggs or pork rinds ( ugh!! ) or the mock danish as listed under the Atkins recipe section.
Dinner: meat of some form ( beef, chicken, turkey ), maybe some steamed broccoli with butter, maybe a salad.
A couple of cups of tea with splenda here and there throughout the day. And lots of water, which has always been my custom.
All in all, my carb roll remains around 20 grams per day. On the days in which I expect to ride more than 50 miles, I increase that by 10.
I ' m not hungry throughout the day, always feel willingly full. I ' ve noticed that following the Atkins diet has taken a definite levy on my workouts, though, my quads always feel trashed.
Anyway... any ideas? Suggestions? What does anyone think? Can you spot anything that I might be doing wrong?
thanks bunches,
cheers!
t.
D14965
Common Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 139
Bearings: Geelong Australia
Mon Apr 02, 2007 12: 55 am    Post subject:
Hiya
Are you measuring your veges and limiting your cheese intake to 3 - 4 oz? The only other thing i can see that might be holding your weight loss back would be the days you increase your carbs by 10 grams to 30. ALso if you are excercising a lot you may be adding muscle weight to your body ( which is a good thing ) Have you measured yourself? you may be losing inches but remaining the same on the scale. Also a good thing to keep in mind is that too much protein will be converted to glucose by your body. A good balance for induction is 65 % calories from fat 30 % calories from protein 5 % calories from carbs. Once in OWL and you are adding more carbs the fat percentage should come down.
Some people find that too many mock danishes can stall them. I would not eat them as a snack - just have them for breakfast and then not every day. Remember to limit your intake of artificial sweeteners to three a day. I had a big stall after my two week induction - - thinking i would be losing more weight by staying in induction. for 3 weeks I lost nothing! I think my body was just adjusting to things. Once i decided to move onto OWL the weight started coming of again. A lot of people find they lose better on OWL. People with only a little weight to lose find weight loss slower than others
Not sure if any of this will help.
Donna
Rides Like a Girl
New Member
Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 14
Location: Olympia Washington
Mon Apr 02, 2007 2: 25 pm    Post subject:
Hey Donna.... thanks so much for the info. I ' ve gone back to using FitDay, to see if my carb intake is higher than I ' m assuming. I ' m guessing it is. Those mock danish are soooo good, but you ' re right..... much too carb rich for a snack.
I wish I could say that athletic activity is adding new muscle, but this has been my lifestyle for the past decade, so.... sadly, no new muscle. If anything, the intensity of my workouts has decreased significantly.
I ' ll give a much stricter Induction regiment one more week, then perhaps I ' ll give OWL a try, just for grins.
I have to say, I really don ' t have much to complain about: I ' m 50 years old and am doing things that I love to do, and my health is excellent. With all the ills in the world, here I am griping about 10 extra pounds? Reality check......
cheers!10 октября 2008 г.

No comments: