Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 12, 2008

Newbie questions I can ' t find the answers to...
Author
Message
james948
New Member
Joined: 30 Jul 2008
Posts: 3
Mate Jul 30, 2008 3: 43 pm    Post subject: Newbie questions I can ' t find the answers to...
Dear All,
First posting. I plan on beginning my Atkins diet on the first of the month. I had a few questions before I did.
1 ) At the same time as losing body fat, I ' m also trying to put on muscle. I am not going to lose muscle by going on the diet am I?
2 ) I am drinking protein suppliment ' shakes ' at the moment. As long as I have them with water or a low - carb milk alternative this shall be ok, right?
3 ) The only reason I need to lose weight is my belly which is a little flabby. I am often a skinny person and I don ' t want to lose too much weight and end up looking ' rangy. ' Is Atkins the right diet for me? I ' m 28 and weigh around 9 stone or 125 pounds I think ( though I haven ' t checked in a while )
Finally, any advice you can give me on muscle gain, body - fat loss would be surpassingly appreciated.
With best wishes,
James
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Spot: Wisconsin
Span Jul 30, 2008 4: 17 pm    Post subject:
Answers to your questions.
1: Trying to lose fat while maintaining and or putting on more muscle, will you lose muscle doing Atkins.
The answer to your question is absolutely not. Elder and beyond the evidence you can read, why don ' t you go to the Pictures section of the forum and take a look.
http: / / www. lowcarbsite. com / forum / viewtopic. php? t=14008
I was over 300 lbs when I started atkins, and used to be an athlete before I got stupendously fat. I did atkins for 3 years and after I got the weight loss to 175, I took the shirtless picture and then kept and added muscle to that frame for two years. Atkins cannot make you " eat your muscle fiber " as the simpletons that steep over the 40 year old Food Pyramid eating plan will tell you.
For additional proof that Atkins / LowCarb will not make you lose all your muscle, I turn your attention to a man called Dorian Yates.
http: / / en. wikipedia. org / wiki / Dorian_Yates
When Yates needs to cut to get his body fat off for competitions, he used Atkins Induction to do so. It doesn ' t appear to have affected his musculature adversely.
2: Are my protein shakes an acceptable item? The question is rather vague as we don ' t know yet which ones you are using. If you are talking about a very low carb protein isolate shake made from Whey, that ' s probably ok. I consume 2 of the 4EverFit Whey Protein Isolate shakes a day, 1 after weight lifting and before cardio, and one after cardio. The 4EverFit Whey Protein Isolates contain additional BCAA amino acids for muscle recovery, and are about 110 calories, 1 carb, and 25 grams of protein per shake.
You want to be consuming Whey Protein ISOLATE, not just Whey Protein. The isolate is a much higher quality of protein then the others.
The 4EverFit Whey Isolate is probably the highest quality protein shake you can get, and from bodybuilding. com the price is ridiculously cheap, and the shipping is fast.
http: / / www. bodybuilding. com / store / 4ever / isolate. html
3: Want to lose weight but not to look gaunt. As stated before, Atkins / LowCarb Induction is what professional body builders use to cut their body fat while maintaining and building muscle fiber, so if you want to look cut and keep packing on muscle, this is not only an acceptable diet for you, but one of the best ones you could ever find for your purposes.
james948
New Member
Joined: 30 Jul 2008
Posts: 3
Fri Aug 01, 2008 2: 13 pm    Post subject:
Thank you SO much for the information.
Exceedingly helpful.
Now... off to find some veggie recipes.
Thanks again,
James
james948
New Member
Joined: 30 Jul 2008
Posts: 3
Fri Aug 01, 2008 8: 34 pm    Post subject:
Hi,
The only thing is I ' m concerned that losing fat on my face will make me look gaunt; being a skinny person, is this something I should be worried about?
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Wisconsin
Sat Aug 02, 2008 2: 11 am    Post subject:
Well I hate to be the one to say it, but at 125 lbs you ' re already a scrub. I curl 125 with each arm.
At this point I would not even bother with atkins so much as I would with heavy weight lifting, if you wanted muscle.12 октября 2008 г.

No comments: