Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 12, 2008

People in LTM OR PRE - Mant.
Author
Message
lnhmgh0914
Recognized Member
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 82
Locality: South Jumper
Sat Aug 16, 2008 9: 20 pm    Post subject: People in LTM OR PRE - Mant.
I just wanted to know, be truthful, do you EVER cheat at all?
Like do you ever get a really bad craving for a bag of chips and just cave?
If so, what do you do afterwards? Do you just get right back on with the program... Do you go straight to induction?
I ' m just smartly wondering because I find myself sitting there watching my husband eat his deep fried fish ( we went to long john silvers / taco bell mixed bag restaurant today ) and my mouth was watering. It ' s hard to think that I can NEVER EVER in my life have this again.
I was good though, I got a taco salad with chicken, no beans, didn ' t eat the shell, the tortilla chips or the salsa ( made with corn mill ). It was good, but certainly not fullfilling.
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Bearings: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Sat Aug 16, 2008 9: 53 pm    Post subject:
You know... some people always feel that way, and some get to a different point where what other people can eat doesn ' t bother them. I finally got to that stage ( thankfully ). I think the thing that helps me the most is to know and remind myself often that... " I am an adult. I can eat whatever I want. If I want absolutely anything, no one but me decides to eat it or not. " Just knowing that I CAN give myself permission at any time to eat anything I want... makes me not want it for some reason. I stop thinking about having " just a little ". I never feel deprived but I can, if I choose, eat it. I just choose not to. For me, weight loss / control is all in the head. I ' ve found a way for my headgames to work FOR me, not against me.
If ( or should I say WHEN ) I decide to have something decadent, I will eat it without guilt or remorse ( ok, being totally honest, there will be some guilt invovled but also a lot of pleasure [ / icon_wink. gif]... and then I will get right back to eating the way I know my body thrives best. I ' d expect some cravings / issues from it... and would go back to a few days of Induction foods until the cravings were under control again. Of course, whether or not a person maintains their weight loss will depend on how often they indulge their desires. [ / icon_wink. gif]
Tril
lnhmgh0914
Established Member
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 82
Location: South Jersey
Sat Aug 16, 2008 11: 30 pm    Post subject:
Thanks Tril. Part of the reason I ask is because my husband is planning a wonderful anniversary dinner fo us next month, I want to endulge ( it ' s my birthday / anniversary dinner ) but I also don ' t want to gain back a bunch of wait for one night. So in my head I ' m going between the ideas, should I just let go that one night and enjoy the time with my husband, or should I stick to the diet, feel a bit deprived, but still have a good time?
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Sun Aug 17, 2008 1: 48 am    Post subject:
It ' s a hard decision to make sometimes. Good luck, I know you ' ll do what ' s best for YOU. Even if you do gain a few pounds back... you can always lose them again. You just have to figure out if it ' s worth it to you.
Tril12 октября 2008 г.

No comments: