Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 12, 2008

Slowed Weight Loss: Lots of Questions PLEASE HELP!
Author
Message
kamkazev2
New Member
Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Posts: 1
Fri Aug 15, 2008 4: 27 am    Post subject: Slowed Weight Loss: Lots of Questions PLEASE HELP!
im coming up on 3 weeks sat. the first week went great! i lost like 11lbs! week 2 slowed, i lost about 5 thru the week. and this last week, ive lost 1 lb...
so im trying to figure out whats up! im going to do induction for the next 30lbs or so. is 20carbs too many, even as the limit? should i shoot for like 10carbs a day?
Also, This one was interesting: i eat 1 atkins daybreak bar early in the day, as a snack. on the back it says 14 carbs, 6 fiber... 14 - 6=8, yet on the front it says 2 carbs, whats up with that? am i missing something? i also ride my stationary bike for 20 - 30min a day...
am i doing anything wrong? can i do anything to speed this up? i want to lose about 5lbs a week minimum, cause i need to lose 20lbs by mid sept.
please, someone help with anything! thank you so much in advance!
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Site: Wisconsin
Fri Aug 15, 2008 7: 36 am    Post subject:
I would toss the candy bars. They have an affect on weight loss while on induction. While they claim to be for every level, they really do a number on induction.
stephani501
Noted Member
Joined: 12 Jun 2008
Posts: 133
Situation: Seattle, Washington
Fri Aug 15, 2008 2: 24 pm    Post subject:
Um I am not trying to be a downer, but unfortunately when it comes to losing weight, our community don ' t neccesarily listen to our pleas for it all of a sudden to lose weight, and make it snappy!
It is a great thing to have goals, they can help you stay on track. However, one of the things that I quickly learned on this trip, is that even though the scale may not emulate a loss ( sometimes it even reflects a gain! ), my body is changing everyday. I am losing inches, my body shape is changing, my clothes are starting to fall off of me. I am making better choices. I am getting up in the morning and exercising. All positive changes. I had to let go of the magic number that I just had to, oh my goodness, lose right now to make me feel happy or satisfied.
It has been hard for me, but I realize that this is not just a quick fix, dump a bunch of weight while driving me crazy so that I may return to eating whatever I want diet. This is a way of life for me. I had to change my interrelation between me and food. I had to examine why I was so out of control when it came to food and why I was letting it control my life. This is a journey that will last for the rest of my life.
I don ' t know your situation or how much weight you even have to lose, but I do know this: Atkins WOE works. Period. Stick with the plan. Eat your veggies, keep your carbs at around 20 a day. Drink a ton of water. Move your body. Stay committed to yourself, and above all give yourself a break.
Use number goals as a guideline. This is your body and it is going to be unpredictable at times. Unfortunately none of us gained this weight overnight, and we can ' t lose it overnight either. Keep your eyes on the prize and keep going no matter what, and soon ( probably before you even know it ) you will be where you want to be. I promise.
I wish you great luck, and would love to hear your progress.
I hope you have a great day -
Steph
Noush
Established Member
Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 37
Tue Aug 19, 2008 2: 51 pm    Post subject: hi
Hi,
I am around 135lbs and want to be around 100lbs. I am short ( 4ft 11 ) and i have been on the atkins diet for 8 days now and i have not lost a singlepound. I tried the inches thing but my clothes are still the same and tight around the middle.
What do you think is going on? Will i ever lose weight on this diet. I am very new to the atkins but i know i am in " ketosis " is it?? as I tested myself last night. I am just feeling a bit hard done by as everyone else seems to lose like 9lbs in the first week [ / icon_cry. gif]
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Wisconsin
Tue Aug 19, 2008 3: 53 pm    Post subject:
did you ditch teh candy bar? those really are misleading as they DO impact your blood sugar, in the beginning they will really slow you down.
Also, lots of the people here who have had great success have had your problems as well. I went from 305 to 175 pounds, BUT i had a month long stall at 230 lbs that almost drove me insane.
Noush
Established Member
Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 37
Tue Aug 19, 2008 4: 12 pm    Post subject:
Hi, are you talking to me kyp? If so, i never ate candy bars. Its great that you went from 305 to 175lbs but how much did you lose in induction?
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Wisconsin
Tue Aug 19, 2008 4: 27 pm    Post subject:
I was in induction during almost all of it.
People with 100 lbs to lose do not get out of induction in 2 weeks. Also, try to keep most of your questions in one forum and it will make it easier for people to help you. I ' m chasing you all over the boards trying to give advice. Lets get it all on one thread, with a fully fleshed out menu that you are eating daily and go from there.
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Tue Aug 19, 2008 5: 24 pm    Post subject:
" I ' m chasing you all over the boards trying to give advice. "
ROTFLMAO! Sorry... that was just funny. It does feel like that some days.
Tril12 октября 2008 г.

No comments: