Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 12, 2008

Calories and Carbs?
Author
Message
coloradogirl
New Member
Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 17
Tue Aug 19, 2008 2: 21 pm    Post subject: Calories and Carbs?
So.... I just finished up two weeks on Induction. Think I ' ll stay on longer. Didn ' t lose any more weight after the 7th day... but - 1 1 / 4 " since then. I have noticed that I am eating fairly a few calories... about 1900 / day. I am pretty active though, workout at least 45 - 60 memoir 6 days a week and work 12 hour days 7 / week at a horse farm where there is plenty of mobile, voyaging, grooming, mucking, etc.... was wondering if it would help to keep my calories down to around 1300 / 1400 / day for a couple of weeks... I have about 10 lbs to lose and know things are slow, but this is such a major disparity from my previous diet I feel like I should be seeing major changes. advice? Tril, Bluehex? Kyp??? THANKS! happy Low Carbing!
KypDurron
Senior Member
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 427
Bearings: Wisconsin
Tue Aug 19, 2008 4: 37 pm    Post subject:
Kyp cant speak to calories right now. I ' m currently out of control.
I ' m not eating " carbs " per se, but so far ive been on a massive meat and cheese binge.
I will merely say what I did to drop the weight. I kept my calories regimented between 1300 - 1500 and exercised daily until I got to where I wanted.
Today however, I bought a 2lb turn of Muenster cheese from an Amish company, and ate it at my desk. It ' s gone. I just noticed. Yesterday I did the same thing with a block of Chedder and a 10 pack of german sausages...... On a positive side, the further calories and proteins are making my muscles age even faster than normal.
To answer your point though, yes if you drop a few hundred calories a day for awhile to kick start or get some added oomph, it will definitely work and probably not have adverse affects, but watch out that you don ' t rubber band yourself with cravings........ like I am right now.
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1325
Footing: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Tue Aug 19, 2008 5: 11 pm    Post subject:
CO girl... I would hesitate to drop quite that much. That would be a decrease of about a third of what you ' re eating now. You have a very active lifestyle and need to eat to fuel it. Read some of the posts on just this site and you will see person after person... wait, woman after woman... having the same weight loss pattern you ' re describing. Men don ' t seem to have the same late Induction weight loss issues. They just plow right through it keep on losing. Of course, most men we see here don ' t start a diet until they ' re desperately overweight. They will lose more just because of that. You, however, are quite close to your goal in comparison to someone with more than 100# to lose. Your experience will be very different. YOU will have the experience of someone at the end of their weight loss period.
If you feel the need to do " something ", you might drop down to 1500 - 1800 calories. Make sure you really are drinking the minimum amount of water... you must be losing a lot from all that physical labor. If there ' s one " easy " thing to do that helps with low carb weight loss, it ' s drinking water. And remember, you ARE losing... you ' ve lost inches. You ' ve probably gained back some of the water weight you loss the first week during your transition to ketosis. You ' ve lost fat, but gained water so it appears on the scale that you haven ' t lost anything... but losing inches says that ' s not true.
Make sure you ' re getting all of the veggies you should... good lean protein... good healthy fats... keep moving... and you should see a loss very soon, once the water / scale / fat loss thing balances out.
Tril12 октября 2008 г.

No comments: