Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 10, 2008

Day 4 - feeling awful
Author
Message
LuckyCat
New Member
Joined: 09 Wreck 2007
Posts: 16
Mon Mar 12, 2007 5: 12 pm    Post subject: Day 4 - feeling awful
It ' s day 4 and I ' m feeling not so good. Muscle aches all over and fatigue for the past 4 days but in addition to that today a bad headache and light headedness. Yesterday my ankles were very weak in the evening and gave out on me a few times on the stairs although they seem fine now.
Is feeling this bad normal or a good sign? Why does my body feel this way ( looked it up but didn ' t really find a favorable answer. ) I ' m sticking with Atkins eating entirely well so far because I know it ' s a lot healthier and my fingers being less swollen looks like a good sign. Although I don ' t remember feeling this awful when I ' ve gone low carb in the past ( although on those diets I repeatedly ate more fruit like an apple in addition to veggis. ) Also thank goodness for Stevia! I ' ve been having some in tea during the day when in the past I would have been eating chocolate instead. ( Also drinking tons of water. )
Thanks!
Cat
Yesterday ' s Meals ( Trying to do OWL not induction ):
2 crustless muffin quiches & tea
2 crustless muffin quiches & radishes
Small handful walnuts & unsweetened carob chips
Decaf cappuccino ( no sugar )
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad ( no croutons )
Small kid ' s size bowl of fresh strawberries with stevia &
unsweetened whipped heavy cream
LSK
New Member
Joined: 12 Blemish 2007
Posts: 6
Mon Pollute 12, 2007 9: 08 pm    Post subject:
Cat I just posted a similar thing in the induction section, but they call it the induction flu
brain fog, aches and pains, sore throat, therre are a few other symptoms some have ( those are mine )....
It ' s normal, mine lasted for two days, then i feel great.
so hang in there!
towhook
Senior Member
Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 285
Location: Dallas, Tx
Mon Mar 12, 2007 10: 16 pm    Post subject:
I think it is the byproduct of switching from a sugar burning metabolism to a fat burning one. Your body is on the verge of switching, so it is tired because it is looking for energy in the source of carbs making you tired.
Your body will also flush all of it ' s excess water when you switch so you may see a few pounds of weightloss from this. This also leaves you a bit dehydrated and that will contribute to your headaches.
So drink plenty of water and this will pass soon. This is just my opinion, but it makes sense to me.
LuckyCat
New Member
Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 16
Wed Mar 14, 2007 1: 24 pm    Post subject:
Thanks for the support!
I posted a few replies on the board yesterday but they are all missing today - strange. Hope this one posts okay.
Starting to feel back to normal mostly so I think the worst of my body getting used to the diet change is over. I finally weighed myself this morning and I ' ve lost at least 2 pounds.
[ / icon_smile. gif]
Cat
towhook
Senior Member
Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 285
Location: Dallas, Tx
Wed Mar 14, 2007 6: 06 pm    Post subject:
Good for you!
Bliss Pirate
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2004
Posts: 3106
Location: St. Paul, MN
Wed Mar 14, 2007 8: 42 pm    Post subject:
I seem to be loosing posts as well...
Shazza
Established Member
Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 37
Thu Mar 15, 2007 5: 36 am    Post subject:
Woohoo, way to go Cat.10 октября 2008 г.

No comments: