Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 10, 2008

What am I doing wrong?
Author
Message
j_rambo
New Member
Joined: 22 Pollute 2007
Posts: 21
Site: Hanford, Ca
Sun Pollute 25, 2007 3: 57 am    Post subject: What am I doing wrong?
I believe I have been following the rules of induction, but the ketostix I just bought only show trace amounts of keytones. Here is todays menu:
B: 2 eggs fried with butter 2 bacon stripes and 1 ounce of cheese
L: 2 cups of salad with 2 Tbls of bluecheese dressing with 1 boiled egg for topping and 1 once shredded cheese.
D: Grilled Chicken with a 1 / 4 of a cucumber
Snacks in between was pork rinds. Total was about 3 / 4 of a 5 ounce bag.
Now to me this looks good, since this is only day 2 of induction for me I am not sure if this is a typical outcropping. Any thoughts and opinions are welcome. Thanks!!!
Bliss Pirate
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2004
Posts: 3106
Stage: St. Paul, MN
Sun Blemish 25, 2007 5: 31 am    Post subject:
Any color change is all that we are looking for. Degree of color change isn ' t important. If you see purple, it means you ' ve shifted into ketosis and are burning fat instead of carbs.
GOOD JOB. Tomorrow may be your hardest day cravings wise, after that, it should get easier.
j_rambo
New Member
Joined: 22 Spoil 2007
Posts: 21
Where: Hanford, Ca
Sun Harm 25, 2007 6: 35 am    Post subject:
Well I am drinking about 6 liters of water a day. Could it be that it is smartly diluted? Thanks for the encouragment Bliss!!!! [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
j_rambo
New Member
Joined: 22 Wreck 2007
Posts: 21
Seat: Hanford, Ca
Sun Harm 25, 2007 10: 24 pm    Post subject:
I have another quick question. What can I do to get back to having solid BM ' s? I now it is a bit of a gross question but I need to know. Thanks again!!! [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
D14965
Confessed Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 139
Seat: Geelong Australia
Mon Contaminate 26, 2007 2: 18 am    Post subject:
Hi!
It takes a few days for the body to get into Ketosis as it has to use the glycogen stored in the body - - this takes about 2 - 3 days. Yes the amount of water you are drinking will dilute the ketones in the urine. Even a slight change in colour is good - - if it is a dark colour then you are dehydrated! Most people experience changes in BM ' s at first - - most with constipation. from what I have heard on the forums most BM ' s normalise fairly quickly. remember you have made a big change in the way you eat so your body will take a little time to adjust!
Your menu looks good so far - so keep it up and remmeber to vary it to keep things interesting!
goodluck
Donna
j_rambo
New Member
Joined: 22 Ruin 2007
Posts: 21
Setting: Hanford, Ca
Mon Mar 26, 2007 2: 45 am    Post subject:
Thanks for all the information guys. [ / icon_biggrin. gif] This forum support is great!!! Good luck to all of you. [ / icon_smile. gif]
j_rambo
New Member
Joined: 22 Deface 2007
Posts: 21
Station: Hanford, Ca
Mon Deface 26, 2007 5: 54 pm    Post subject:
Well I just tested again this morning and the ketostix have moved up to the moderate level........ YEAH [ / icon_wink. gif] I don ' t know why I felt I needed to tell everyone that but hey I am proud of it. I have to say, most all my cravings have passed. I still get a few at night but for the most part they have passed. [ / icon_smile. gif] As I said in another post I don ' t have the books yet ( waiting for them to come in the mail ), so I must thank you all for your great posts on this site. I have learned so much just from reading what all of you have posted, though I will still read the book when it arrives. This site truley is great and it keeps seople like me inspired and on track. Good luck to all!!! [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
John
towhook
Senior Member
Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 285
Location: Dallas, Tx
Mon Mar 26, 2007 11: 04 pm    Post subject:
Good job! I ' m really glad to hear you ' re doing well.
j_rambo
New Member
Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 21
Location: Hanford, Ca
Tue Mar 27, 2007 5: 19 pm    Post subject:
Wow, you guys are all so supportive. I really needed that. I guess I have been doing things right cause I got on the scale again today ( Day 5 ) and it was very nice to me. My starting weight was 375. 1 lbs. Today it read 367. 5 lbs. [ / icon_biggrin. gif] Being on day 5 I am very very happy with that. I do have another question though. On day 2 I got light headed and dizzy. Now at day 5 I feel great. Have I passed the induction flu already. I have read that most people hit the flu around day 3 and get better around day 5. So I was just wondering if you thought I may have been lucky to not get it so bad?
You guys are all great! I wish you all the best.
John
D14965
Established Member
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 139
Location: Geelong Australia
Wed Mar 28, 2007 5: 00 am    Post subject:
Hi John...
Yes i had the same sort of experience around day 3. I had some spells when i felt very very tired. After a few days i felt great. The intensity of the " induction flu " really depends on how many carbs you were eating before you started with atkins. Looks like you have been fairly lucky! Now you can look forward to feeling like superman! Well done! Be aware that during the first weeks of induction you will drop a lot of weight which is mostly water. You can expect the weight loss to slow down a fair bit after this and be more spasmodic. I had around 3 weeks after induction when i lost nothing!!! i stuck with it and sure enough the weight started to come off again. Our bodies need time to adjust to your new way of eating so hang in there. Make sure you are taking a good multivitamin ( preferable iron free ) i also take a potassium supplement with magnesium and calcium.
Best of Luck!!!
Donna [ / icon_biggrin. gif]
molley
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 839
Location: VT
Fri Apr 06, 2007 1: 14 am    Post subject:
Also. I don ' t know if you know this, but ketosis testing shows different results depending on when you take it. For instance, right after dinner, my ketostix are always WAY dark. and then I ' d test again in the morning and I ' d have trace amounts. If you want that pat on the back, test after dinner. Well, good dinners anyway.
molley
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 839
Location: VT
Fri Apr 06, 2007 1: 15 am    Post subject:
And I didn ' t get the flu at all so it really is a personal thing.
harleylady
New Member
Joined: 24 Mar 2007
Posts: 25
Fri Apr 06, 2007 4: 21 am    Post subject: i got the induction flu
did reinduction two weeks ago and felt like crap for the first 5 days, 3 through 5 being the worst, but lost 7 pounds in one week....
manitaing for 9 monhts now10 октября 2008 г.

No comments: