Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 10, 2008

day one
Author
Message
Alucard
Joined: 09 Sep 2007
Posts: 0
Sun Sep 09, 2007 7: 14 pm    Post subject: day one
Hi guys,
Ive just ( well nearly ) completeed day one of my induction, this morning I had some boiled eggs, for luch I had some german salami ( i checked zero carbs ), and ive just been to my pearents house and had a loverly BBQ....
I ' m quite a well built lad to be honest, and have a fair ammount of muscle, the reason im here is because i have a bit of a belly, and nothing else seems to work.
Ive lost a stone allready via the gym, but it took a long time, and I really want to speed things up, and im really looking forward to shedding the pounds [ / icon_razz. gif] [ / icon_razz. gif]
I have a couple of questions if thats ok?
first of all, how will i know when i enter ketosis?
secondly, how much can i expect to loose in the first 14 days?.... im hitting the gym every night throughout my induction, 500 + cals per day... this wont be hard as im allready goingt o the gym 4 times a week.
thats it i guess [ / icon_smile. gif]
great to find you all
amelinat
New Member
Joined: 28 Aug 2007
Posts: 9
Location: Ireland
Mon Sep 10, 2007 2: 25 pm    Post subject: Hello & Welcome!
Hello fellow atkins - er!
I ' ve only been on atkins for 2 weeks but I ' ll have a shot at answering your questions as best i can.
The only way to be 100 % certain that your in ketosis is to pop down to the chemist and grab some Ketostix - theyre made by Bayer. These are neat little urine test sticks, they go from pinkish to purple if you are in ketosis, but remain skin coloured if you arent. It will probably take you 3 - 4 days to get into ketosis.
As for how much weight you can expect to lose in the first 14 days that varies with the individual. Myself, i had only lost 1 kg in the first two weeks, but i dont have a lot to lose, but my partner lost 5 kg, and he had 12 kg more than me to lose.
Sounds to me you have the right attitude going into this, so best of luck!
Amel10 октября 2008 г.

No comments: