Atkins Diet: Nutrition & Healthy Food are key components in the Atkins Weight Loss Programs, resulting in natural weight loss through a customized weight.Info on the Atkins Diet to give you a basic understanding about how the diet works, including descriptions of the Atkins phases, food lists, pros and cons.Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet resources for all low carb diet plans: Research, recipes, information, support forums, tools and tips for all low carb

Atkins Diet News

Oct 13, 2008

I ' m afraid to go off Induction
Author
Message
kal
New Member
Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 5
Station: New York
Join Feb 06, 2008 3: 18 am    Post subject: I ' m afraid to go off Induction
I ' ve lost 10 pounds ( my goal ). However, I weigh myself every day, and sometimes I ' m back up 3 pounds. That makes me afraid to go off Induction. I ' m afraid that once I add carbs back, I ' m just going to gain weight.
pheonixheart
Senior Member
Joined: 29 Apr 2004
Posts: 665
Spot: Florida
Cement Feb 06, 2008 4: 12 am    Post subject:
I wouldn ' t be afraid to go off induction and move into OWL - you ' ll need to eventually anyhow, but it ' s good to do so when you start getting tired of induction foods as they are so limited. I did my 2 weeks and then skedaddled right off induction and am now in OWL. I ' m not gobbling up tons of extra carbs, but I am enjoying a more varied diet [ / icon_biggrin. gif]. You ' re adding carbs in gradually so that your body gets used to having them and doesn ' t freak out when you do...
I STRONGLY recommend that you read the Atkins FAQ forum, and right now you should especially read the following topics as I believe they will help ease your mind immeasurably!!:
http: / / lowcarbsite. com / forum / viewtopic. php? t=4793
http: / / lowcarbsite. com / forum / viewtopic. php? t=3897
Brightest Blessings,
Lisa
karenjs
Senior Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 544
Latitude: San Jose
Tue Feb 12, 2008 8: 28 pm    Post subject:
If your weight fluctuates that much in a day, it could be your scale is off, or you ' re retaining water. It ' s highly unlikely that you would gain 3 lbs of fat in one day. You ' d have to eat 10, 000 extra calories!
I got a doctor ' s scale ( the kind with metal weights that slide across a bar at eye level ) because my scale was so finicky and inconsistent.
Also, how your clothes fit you and your measurements are a better indication of your progress than the scale.
I started adding extra veggies a couple of weeks ago, and strawberries this week. So far, so good! Lost three lbs this week.
For me, the biggest downside of going off induction is that it ' s harder to decide what to eat. 3 cups of salad / veggies with lots of protein was easy. Adding other options takes some planning and carb - counting.
Of course, it ' s very nice to have more variety in meals.
desertbitch
Senior Member
Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 367
Location: High Desert, CA.
Mon Feb 18, 2008 12: 24 am    Post subject:
I decided to move into OWL. I want to eat nuts most of all. My birthday is coming up and I want some berries, too. I am still going to stick around 20 - 25 carbs since I am losing so slowly, but I need a tiny bit of variation. I guess I get to read those chapters now!
phoenix heart is right, though. We need to learn how to eat this way for the rest of our lives. Eating pasta and bread and candy got me to this weight so I cant go back to my old ways. I need to relearn it all.
smerbear
Senior Member
Joined: 09 Dec 2007
Posts: 237
Location: North Carolina
Wed Jun 11, 2008 2: 25 pm    Post subject:
I have moved into OWL myself. I didn ' t increase my carbs but I did add strawberries and sugar free candies / low carb ice cream ( for those moments when I feel I need it ). I am losing much more slowly this time around!
Tril
Senior Member
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 1322
Location: ( very ) Northeastern USA
Wed Jun 11, 2008 5: 56 pm    Post subject:
I ' ve got about 5 more pounds before I ' m halfway to goal... then I will move into OWL and start finding my carb limit. I have indulged myself twice by having a few almonds and cashews. They sure tasted good!!! [ / icon_smile. gif] I know, though, that I need to add more veggies first. That ' s coming.
Tril

No comments: